Comments

1. says

A long time ago I was a chauffeur. I picked Carrie up. It was the best two hours of my career! She made me laugh from start to finish. I wanted to go into her houase and hang out with her. At one point I told her I was gay and she Immediately started asking what Hollywood guys I thought were cute and then dished on the ones she knew! She was one of those people who you knew were completely at ease around Gays, so, I’m so NOT surprised to hear this about her.

I love her!

2. scar2 says

Can’t wait to read the book. Loved ‘Postcards From The Edge.’ She comes up with great one-liners. You have to admire somebody who goes through so much & can still laugh about it.

3. ichabod says

The woman is a national treasure (as is her mom). Can’t wait to get under the (book) covers with her…

4. Dback says

Can someone please cast Margot Kidder and Carrie Fisher as sisters in something, so we can all laugh ourselves into hysterics? (“He DID?!?! Oh my God, that must have been upsetting.”)

5. Rey says

I’ll tell you what is sad, BUSYTIMMY: pathetic little bitches who think making a lazy reference to Fisher’s weight vis a vis the slovenly slug-like Hutt that she acted against in the Star Wars movies is funny enough to put out there.

Fisher, like her mom, is short in stature and a little extra weight can make a shorter person look a little different at times. And you know what? She’s not a petite little fleur. She’s a vibrant, honest, and witty human being and the energy she puts out there is amazing. Observing that usually negates any sort of issue I have with a person not quite looking the way I think they should. And she looks fucking beautiful to me.

6. says

Seriously. Best. Interview. Ever. She was on her A-game and made Matt Lauer eat his shorts with his dumb questions and phony euphemisms. Good for her, she owned her shizzle and made him part of her joke. Why can’t more interviews be this GRRRRRREAT!

7. pickles says

It was a fun interview.. too bad she’s so skinny though. I want MORE of her to love! *wink*

We saw her live show in Berkeley CA earlier this year. Brilliant. So raw, honest, appealing, revealing. More peeps like her would make the world better.

8. jason says

Her husband was a bisexual, not a homosexual. If he had sex with her in the biological way, then he’s bisexual. Of course, he may be more towards the “exclusively gay” end of the Kinsey scale but that shouldn’t mean that suddenly he’s a homosexual.

Overall, I find that the gay community uses the word ‘homosexual’ in a branding, political way which is really quite awful.

9. EDFU says

Carrie has many, many gay friends she is in constant communication with. I haven’t seen the book, but in the early years of the AIDS epidemic she would spend hours on the phone talking with many of them, including a good friend of mine in NYC, a well-known writer no longer with us. He used to regale me with stories of the 3 A.M.(NYC time) hour-long conversations he would have with her, whom he had never met.

10. EDFU says

11. Qjersey says

Jason,

There is a difference between being bisexual by behavior and bisexual by orientation. If every “gay” man and women who ever had heterosex was labeled bisexual the B in the LGBT community would be a hell of a lot bigger.

12. tobey says

Carrie is so honest and delightful, I’m ordering her book today. I have a feeling her life isn’t going to end very well, she’s been so troubled and will probably be so again, but I hope I’m wrong.

13. CJ says

Bless her, she is one of the few “real” celebrities. Good for her in taking life not so seriously. We need more people such as Ms Fisher.

On another note, not that it matters and I find the nasty comments about her “weight” appalling, she seem more sick than over-weight (not that I am stating she is over weight). Her voice sounds rough and she seems uncomfortable sitting, almost as though she is in pain. I hope she isn’t ill.

14. CJ says

Ah, she has bipolar. That explains a few things. The medications taken sometimes cause weight gain, fatigue, bloating. I never knew she was bipolar. Breaks my heart.

15. KJ says

Dback, that was my favorite quote as well! LOL (“He DID?!?! Oh my God, that must have been upsetting.”)

16. Barabas7 says

I saw the one-woman show “Wishful Drinking” and if she had said she wanted to continue performing all night, I would have stayed. SO FUNNY! The last thing she said was “I can’t speak for myself, but I know I can speak for all of you when I say ‘I’ve had a wonderful time!'”