Alan Cumming | Barack Obama | News

Alan Cumming: Obama Equipped to Lead, from Head to Toe

New York magazine asked a bunch of people at a party for celebrity photographer Russell James' new book who they'd like to see naked and among those who chose to tell them, was actor Alan Cumming.

CummingobamaSaid Cumming: "I’d like to see Obama naked. I think great leaders, charismatic leaders and men who are so confident and who have achieved so much, usually have big penises. I think there’s a correlation between the level of confidence, the level of the way a man can hold a room and the way he conducts himself in life, with his penis size — with his comfort with his penis size. So much of male psyche is taken up with how big your cock is; it’s a huge deal in our lives, and so when you’re confident about your penis size, it shows. Well, just look at him. Just the way he’s so kind of elegant and very confident in his body and himself. Also, someone told me that they worked out with him in a gym in Chicago, and it was big."

Alan Cumming Says Barack Obama Has a Big Wang [ny mag]

Comments

1. "But because there are so many fewer of us in toto and a microscopic number of us are quoted publicly, EVERYthing EVERY gay person is quoted as saying is extrapolated by the average straight person to represent ALL gay people, all the more so when it's something that reinforces negative stereotypes because that makes them feel more comfortable in their bigotry."

Well, then, Leland, there's not much that can be done about...except what is happening right here on this thread.

You and I both know that "queens" are the most defiant of ALL gay people when it comes to adhearing to some "acceptable" standards of appropriate/inappropriate humor. It's what helped keep them alive when they were the ONLY openly gay males-- their humor. Humor that is based on irony, society's hyporcrisy, and making outrageous statements to avenge being persecuted.

Effeminate males have used that kind of humor for maybe 4,000 years...aint gonna' stop anytime soon.

Damn, aint no sunshine here on the east coast today.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 30, 2009 11:57:32 AM

2. It's not the size of his package. It's how it stimulates the economy.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 30, 2009 11:59:34 AM

3. Alan Cummings is vomit.

Posted by: zeke star | Jan 30, 2009 12:03:17 PM

4. jeepers, leland, i don't share your dislike of our prez's physical appearance. i think he's hot; so i guess i'm a drooler. be that as it may, remember, commas are our friends.

alan cumming's comment was dumb. following his logic, hitler was a tripod.

Posted by: nic | Jan 30, 2009 12:05:53 PM

5. CRISPY, you're what keeps me coming back for more. Thank you for that.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jan 30, 2009 12:15:32 PM

6. LOL, after posting that comment and rereading it, I thought someone might post a response about Hillary/Sarah and penises. Obviously (and I know the responding commenters were aware of this, but I just have to make it clear in case anyone was genuinely confused), I meant that I would find it equally disgusting if a straight man made a similar comment about their female parts.

Posted by: GayRepublican | Jan 30, 2009 12:16:10 PM

7. Wow, Leland, not sure I can agree with all of that. I do agree that I think some of the comments about Obama's body are over the top (it isn't THAT good), but do remember that he is 47 and has more important things to do than be a gym bunny.

Posted by: GayRepublican | Jan 30, 2009 12:20:30 PM

8. OMG not only does the gay blog-o-sphere obsess with this story but the 2 morons on Energy 92.7 in S.F (Fernando & Greg) drone on and on about it all morning like it s big news. Some one please tell these two idiots they aren’t funny the Hillbilly one talks trash 24/7 and the other one just sits there like an ass and lets him agreeing with him every few minutes. They are an embarrassment to gay men everywhere. Imagine Howard Stern with an Appalachia accent and an IQ of 11.

Posted by: ggreen | Jan 30, 2009 12:29:46 PM

9. CRISPY - funniest thing I've read all day

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 30, 2009 12:38:34 PM

10. To anyone whose ever been at a party where Alan Cumming is at, this comment's not a surprise. Stupid, but not a surprise. Besides which, the thought of the President naked sounds revolting to me.

Posted by: Ed | Jan 30, 2009 1:20:06 PM

11. Crispy, that's a million dollar t-shirt right there. It'll only be a matter of minutes before some clown rips you off.

Posted by: paul c | Jan 30, 2009 1:24:51 PM

12. Only men that are average or smaller hung think a huge dick is the answer to all of life's problems...the magic penis.

Posted by: Dray | Jan 30, 2009 1:41:56 PM

13. I guess Alan Cumming has never heard of Napoleon.

Posted by: bobbo | Jan 30, 2009 1:46:00 PM

14. "Besides which, the thought of the President naked sounds revolting to me."

Ed, we've already had the inaugural. The ugly one is back in Texas.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 30, 2009 2:00:44 PM

15. Gay...er, bi...whatever he identifies as, he puts the F in f*****!

I don't think he reads many books.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 30, 2009 2:08:02 PM

16. And Napoleon had a huge wang. Or perhaps it just looked huge.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 30, 2009 2:09:05 PM

17. Why are people so comfortable using "retard" and "retarded" as slurs? It just rolls of the tongue in the USA. Do those of you who use it not realize you are offending a very vulnerable group of people and using their differences as insults? You might be familiar with the concept in other forms: f@g, n!993r, ch!nk... Being snarky isn't clever and using a slur to make your point is downright disgusting.

Posted by: ORANGERIE | Jan 30, 2009 2:41:45 PM

18. Crispy thanks!

Once again you have restored my faith in gay men having a sense of humor. Unlike many who have commented here, alas.

Posted by: KevinVT | Jan 30, 2009 2:46:28 PM

19. I have nothing against re--er, the cognitively impaired, differently enabled fuckta...it's difficult to own my privilege (ROTFL!). I just don't want to watch them eating ice cream. Is that too much to ask?

Posted by: TANK | Jan 30, 2009 2:58:38 PM

20. I've met this guy before and he was nice.

But does he ALWAYS, ALWAYS have to be inappropriate? I mean - this is our President we are talking about. Have some respect man. We need to get back to having a little sense of decorum and sanctity.

That is the problem with Brits. They have totally rebelled against their tradition and turned into a bunch of drunk,cynical, sarcastic, uncouth barbarians with ugly mouths and no respect.

ALAN - DO US A FAVOR AND SHUT UP!

Posted by: Andy | Jan 30, 2009 3:01:01 PM

21. Those of you upset about this comment can take comfort in the fact that Alan Cumming is not exactly a major celebrity outside the gay world. His novel was awful, and he seems to make a living by attending parties.

Andy, nice sweeping generalization about Brits. Some people would say the same thing about gays.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 30, 2009 3:56:12 PM

22. Alan Cumming is a cumdump piece of fucking trash. I met him here in NYC when he was registering people to vote at Eastern Bloc last summer. A more nauseating presence I have yet to encounter. He clearly thought the world of himself, flitting around the place like he was goddamn Lindsay Lohan at the Dinah Shore Weekend. He talked of sex incessantly while peddling his shitty fucking perfume/lotion/lube/anal douche collection "Cumming." He is untalented, sucked in Cabaret, and has little to cling to besides his small penis and his dwindling, infantile cadre of NYC hipster fag hanger-ons. He can eat shit and die. This déclassé turd burglar can go fuck himself the next time he decides to pop a dick outta his mouth and comment on shit like he's some sort of goddamn motherfucking homo spokesfag.

Posted by: Ugh | Jan 30, 2009 3:57:17 PM

23. UGH

No, really honey, how do you feel?

LOL!

I saw him being interviewed in Denver by some gay channel outside of one of those dreary "LGBT" conferences (Btw, Andy at that same moment almost, I saw you and tried to get you to stop so I could congratulate you on your good work. You looked at me like I was a "retard" and kept walking as if you had much better things to do. I'm over it. My friends, not so much. Do a mea culpa or something so they'll start reading your blog again?)and he was dressed very poorly in some sort of flight suit. In addition, he was pontificating like nobody's business. He's a bore.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jan 30, 2009 4:30:20 PM

24. Well, I think all of the points have been adequately covered. Big dick, small dick, Dick Cheney......

Seems that Cumming clown has had his 15 minutes.

N - E - X - T ! ! !

Posted by: mark | Jan 30, 2009 6:11:19 PM

25. This from a man that goes to the opening of an envelope.

Posted by: Br!on | Jan 30, 2009 6:13:07 PM