Film | Harvey Milk | James Franco | Joey Fatone | News

Fatone to Franco: Was it Hard to Play a Homosexual?

Fatone

Former N'Sync member Joey Fatone was somehow assigned the duty of interviewing on the SAG red carpet and had his awkward questions for James Franco all lined up.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via defamer)

Comments

1. TMZ showed a clip of him and his friends leaving a club not to long ago with the friends yelling "fag" this and "fag!" that while Joey laughed.

He is BY FAR and away the most annoying "human" being on television, and how this FAT faced, gorilla with zero charisma or charm and the worst ad libs manages to have a "career" on television truly speaks to the sad state of affairs in Hollywood. ZERO talent. ALL politics. He is the worst excuse for a T.V host I could ever imagine..and yet he's on t.v "hosting"...

Posted by: Kyle | Jan 27, 2009 5:50:39 AM

2. "Im masculine and ONLY hang with masculine gay men"

Chris, you're no better than the worst anti gay basher. Only do we, as gay men, selectively choose who we want to hang out with based on the clothes they wear, and/or what others (in this case, hetros) think of us while we hang out with them. Also, regardless of how "masculine" you and your friends TRY to act, people can still tell. I can still tell. Even with the most "masculine" of gay men...there's that aura, and we can all (minus a bumkin from Iowa) can still tell. By virtue of liking the cock...you and your "ONLY MASCULINE" friends kinda lost your masculine luster. Nice try though "bro"...

Posted by: Kyle | Jan 27, 2009 6:02:44 AM

3. Correct response from Franco to Fat-One: "I don't really think it's any harder than your having to play straight every day." I can guaran-fucking-tee that would have shut him up right there. I would have pissed my pants laughing at that one! Fat-One is nothing more than a talentless hack. "Singing Bee", anyone????

Posted by: troschne | Jan 27, 2009 8:28:25 AM

4. Joey is one of the sweetest men on the planet. He is NOT homophobic. Lance Bass is the godfather to his daughter. Joey may come across as a little air-headed sometimes, but one thing he is not, is homophobic.

Posted by: joe | Jan 27, 2009 11:10:06 AM

5. Joey is one of the sweetest men on the planet. He is NOT homophobic. Lance Bass is the godfather to his daughter. Joey may come across as a little air-headed sometimes, but one thing he is not, is homophobic.

Posted by: joe | Jan 27, 2009 11:11:12 AM

6. Kyle, you might want to work on why you feel a man can never be truly masculine if he's gay.

And, it never ceases to baffle me why Fatone, etc. assume Franco is straight.

Posted by: Troy | Jan 27, 2009 12:30:15 PM

7. "Kyle, you might want to work on why you feel a man can never be truly masculine if he's gay."

I was thinking that too. Thanks Troy. As much as I dislike the the comment "ultra-manly" Chris made, I also have a difficult time with Kyle's comment as well. Maybe it's because he doesn't view himself as "masculine" enough because of his gayness and feels that's how ALL gay men are too, and he's bitter about it. I don't know. I just get sick and tired of gay men (masculine or feminine) dictating how every other gay man should or is supposed to act. Same thing with straight men too, because they act just as bad. A "REAL" man should just be himself. Whether straight, gay, masculine, or feminine, or somewhere in between.

Posted by: Jai | Jan 27, 2009 4:48:58 PM

8. i can only raise my eyebrow at joe's rusty interview skills.

*claps at JAI's comment*

Posted by: Zach | Jan 27, 2009 7:08:14 PM

9. I don't know why these Red Carpet shows insist on having D-listers interview the celebs... can't they hire someone who has actually seen a movie, knows what to ask and doesn't embarass themself with each insipid question... is that too much to ask?

And to "Masculine Chris"... you'd do well to read some gay history. If it weren't for the drag queens back at the Stonewall you wouldn't have any rights at all.

Posted by: jamesintoronto | Feb 1, 2009 9:39:07 AM

10. Franco: You were in a "boy band" for what, 20minutes. You tell me ya fat asshole.

Posted by: Officer Jim Pantsoffski | Feb 1, 2009 12:43:11 PM

11. Joey Fatone is a typical ignorant breeder. I hate using that word, but it suits him in all his ugliness!

Posted by: Gabe R | Feb 1, 2009 1:56:30 PM

12. That interview was quite stupid. Joey Fat One indeed! Yet some girls used to think he was cute.

Posted by: Gabe R | Feb 1, 2009 7:21:23 PM

13. I think what Joey meant to say was "Did you GET hard playing a homosexual? I would!"

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Feb 2, 2009 12:47:55 AM

14. He was implying Franco is a notorious closet case (which he is), which prompted much awkward squirming from Franco.

Joey Fatone has been on Broadway and has many gays in his life -- I would bet serious money he knows that Franco is known to be gay (with a boyfriend) and was just getting awkward because he couldn't say it directly on the TV Guide channel. Franco is the one who should be ashamed, for being closeted.

Posted by: jackie | Feb 12, 2009 11:45:34 AM

15. Oh, god. There was nothing really insulting in that interview and it's obvious Joey meant no harm. Yet everyone here is acting like he just said "nappy haired hos". Consider yourself lucky if this is the worst kind of "homophobia" you've dealt with.

Posted by: Christian | Jun 20, 2009 5:11:22 AM

16. "at least he didn't use the word 'fag' or 'fairy' in his question. "
    Are you kidding??
    Is it enough respect for you just not using insulting words?
    Famous people have a great power, which comes with an enormous responsability, isn't it?

Posted by: Hector | Oct 30, 2009 10:38:08 AM