Comments

1. patrick nyc says

We considered it more compassionate assistance — certainly not hush money. -BOYD
    —————-
    What a bunch of fucking tools. It is clear that they have learned nothing. How is it Boyd did not notice anything going on, being Haggard’s right hand man, or was he getting it up the ass as well.

The Wash Post has a cover story on Taggard and the HBO movie Pelosi Jr. is doing on him.

Pelosi shows she has her Mother’s balls when she defends this pig.

“We liberals are so intolerant of anybody who doesn’t share our worldview,” Pelosi said.

Hey Pelosi, fuck you.

2. Rafael says

I’m so sick of society at large. I’m so sick of reading stories like this, over and over again. I’m sick of conformity, of intolerance, of not doing a god damn thing to change this sad reality in which we and our youngsters live.

3. Alfred says

Perhaps Ted is gay-per-confession-or-prayer… Every time a new scandal surfaces and involves Tag, I just wanna laugh – it’s perfectly a good point-and-case for people who oppose homosexuality.

WWJD…

4. Paul R says

Pelosi was interviewed by the SF Chronicle in an article today about the upcoming documentary on this despicable hypocrite, and her comments hardly make sense. On the one hand she criticizes the church for not forgiving, then says liberals should be forgiving too. Why? What if liberals don’t share religious views and don’t feel the need to support hypocrites who have said they’re all sinners, destined for hell?

His “fall from grace” was entirely his own doing, and now he has to face the consequences just like anyone else. All these incidents also point to how corrupt the church is. Big surprise. (And despite how he left the church, he got a year’s pay and $26K in health insurance—more hush money.)

5. says

I did an interview with Mike Jones and a TV investigator who told me that more stories are to come. Like the tip of the iceberg sort of thing.
    Notice in the letter how they mention “a number of incidents”…..and tried to settle most.

6. Carl - Michigan says

Ted Haggard has never been a victim since all of this came to light. The real victims are the people he lied to: his wife, his children and any man he had sex with.
    The HBO special should be retitled: The Trials of EVERYONE except Ted Haggard.

7. Jonathan says

On the subject of “forgiveness.” It is not up to the “liberals” to forgive Ted Haggard his trespasses. That is in the purview of his G-d and his victims. Our responsibility is to hold him accountable for the damage he has done to the political process in our country by opposing the First Amendment and pursuing a policy of discrimination and second class citizenship for gay and lesbian Americans. That he did so while actively participating in gay sex, not all of it consensual on his partners’ parts is irrelevant to the fact that he is on the wrong side of a political issue. However, it is useful in that it makes his position less tenable in the wider community and that weakness in his position should be exploited by the opposition (that being us).

Forgiveness has nothing to do with this.

8. ty says

What is wrong with this Haggard guy ! I don’t know if Colorado is behind the times, but I came out in the eighties and noone cared. People do not care if you are gay, just closeted!! COME OUT FOOL !!!

9. Ed says

If you ever run into any trouble in your life, try hiring Boyd and the New Life Church for a defense. Their statements are the most shrewdly devised explanations I’ve ever read. Also, the most brilliant! I’m guessing their budget gives them the top PR persons available.

I’m floored by their peddling abilities. I don’t think I could shovel enough ***t in my entire lifetime…

10. Island Girly says

Boyd’s statement cracked me up, “It wasn’t at all a settlement to make him be quiet or not tell his story”. Un-huh… and Michael Jackson “specifically disclaims any liability to, and denies any wrongful acts,” according to the 31-page document he signed on January 25, 1994. In regards to his non-sexual involvement with a minor boychild.

11. silverkjk says

I wonder if a more appropriate word to describe Haggard’s sexuality is bisexual. It sounds like he has sex with both sexes (given both his wife and his male sex partners) and it would explain his difficulties in defining his sexuality. I think that we as a community forget the B in GLBT.

12. TANK says

THat’s about as plausible as his asexuality (and we always forget the asexuals). LMAO!

And, of course, there’s no excuse for biphobia…but the reason we overlook them is because most of them come to identify (when they mature…) as either heterosexual or homosexual, depending on how they settle down and the pressures of conformity–experiencing homophobia and biphobia. Most of the time, it’s heterosexual (heterosexual privilege is easier than being out), and this causes a lot of suspicion and resentment…unfounded, perhaps–depends on the individual.

But I don’t think we need to give ted haggard’s true sexuality a second thought, though–he’s as gay as those he was complicit in killing themselves, with his vile hate filled religious rhetoric and profit seeking.

13. says

“I wonder if a more appropriate word to describe Haggard’s sexuality is bisexual.”

I think the most appropriate word is confused, very very confused. Many of us have had sex with both sexes, yet we’ve managed to define our sexuality–gay, bi, tri, or otherwise–pretty clearly before the age of 52. I suspect–just a wild hunch here–that whatever led him to being a wildly egotistical leader of a cult church that deals with gay sex by doling out hush, excuse me, “compassionate assistance” money may be more the root of his troubles.

14. Scot says

…and the evangelicals just keep on believing their own lies. haggard had bush’s ear, warren has obama’s ear and gays are the ones who keep getting screwed. When are the people in this country going to stand up and say ENOUGH! If they’re going to call themselves christians, then they should ACT like christians.
    As a side note, the news reporter from KRDO, Tak Landrock, is also a big lying homo. He’s as credible as haggard himself.

15. Groucho says

TXSTEVO – I agree about the gayfaces. Also, remember the artwork that was in the lobby (before Boyd took over)? It was as if directly out of a gay leatherbar — half-naked muscled men. The site is down now, of course, but there was a website with several of the paintings and sculptures. Maybe I can dig around and find it if there’s any interest.

16. Kyle Michel Sullivan says

So they’re threatening to sue the kid who came forward about Haggard basically raping him because he violated the contract he signed for his hush money. I guess they don’t really believe in the teachings of Christ (see Matthew 5:38-41 specifically) and instead still believe in the old “Do as I say, don’t do as I do” adage, updated to include “And if you criticize me then you’re a bigot.”

They give hypocrisy a bad name.

17. Alex in Boston says

“A member of New Life Church tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 that Haggard took advantage of him sexually one night. The man, in his early 20’s, claims he was paid a large sum of money by New Life Church to keep the abuse quiet. Under an agreement with the church he was not supposed to speak of the allegations with anyone outside the church. If he did, he would violate the agreement and would forfeit the money and could be sued by the church.”

This may sound familiar to many of you as it WAS and still IS the method used by the Roman Church over the past decades to cover up their pedophile cases…. it has always been my contention that NOT ONLY should the Churches be prosecuted BUT ALSO the Lawyers who participate in these “Non-disclosure” agreements! After all they are legal documents used to cover up crimes against (most often) underage victims! The Lawyers are as culpable as the person who committed the act in the first place!! As officers of the court are they not compelled to report these crimes????

18. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

I HAD PROMISED MYSELF TO LEAVE Y’ALL ALONE. I WAS SURFING THE WEB AND SAW THIS STORY ON REVEREND HAGGARD. IT SEEMS Y’ALL WANT TO PAINT REPUBLICANS – ESPECIALLY, THOSE WHO ARE RELIGIOUS – AS BEING “SLEAZEBALLS” WHO SNEAK IN DARK CORNERS TO ENGAGE IN HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITY. COME ON, GUYS! IS THAT FAIR? REALLY? ARTICLES LIKE THIS ONE DAMAGE YOUR CREDIBILITY ON LEGITIMATE POLITICAL ISSUES. DON’T Y’ALL AGREE?
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.