Eric Dane | Medicine | News | Television

Eric Dane Breaks His Penis, Inspires Nationwide Rush to Google

Bone1

[[SPOILERS]]

On last night's Grey's Anatomy, McSteamy broke a very vital bone, inspiring a nationwide rush to Google which I've capped for you, below left.

Bone2_2

CBS offers some answers, and some advice: "There is no 'penis bone,' but you can break your penis all the same. It's called penile fracture, and it's not a subtle injury. When it happens, there's 'an audible pop or snap,' Montague says. Then the penis turns black and blue. And there's terrible pain. Penile fracture is rare, and it typically happens to younger men because their erections tend to be quite rigid. Here's how to avoid penile fracture: don't use your penis too roughly. A common way that penile fracture happens, Montague says, is when a man is thrusting too hard and fast during sex, and slams into his partner's pubic bone. Also, a woman who moves wildly while on top of a man during sex can break a man's penis."

That, we assume, would apply to men too. Be careful out there.

A clip from the show, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bone4 Bone3

Comments

1. Haha, I thought your *name* was Jersey, not your location. Of course that makes more sense given out of state recognition, etc. If Jerzeemike is right and your crisis happened before the domestic partnership act, that's even better.

Posted by: K | Jan 23, 2009 1:54:19 PM

2. Ok, y'all have me fascinated now. You say that this can happen between two guys. Well, how?
    Did the "top" miss the hole and hit the mattress?
    Did the "bottom" try to sit down on it and miss getting it in the hole?
    Are there some boney areas up in the hole that I didn't know about?

Hitting a hardened prostate? How?

Don't tell me it's from being clinched by ultra powerful sphincter muscles. I'll never do squeezing exercises again...wouldn't want to hurt some poor guy like that 'cause I aint going to the hospital with him. Can you imagine what those evil nurses would be saying? "Hard ass homos."

Just careless screwing, I think.

Brick hard stools hiding up in there? How?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 23, 2009 2:32:49 PM

3. @Derrick From Philly:
    It is really quite easy to fracture your penis. When your penis is rigid and hard, all you would have to do is thrust a little too hard into your partner and off center just a bit will fracture your penis. And what gets fractured is the blood vessals in your penis, which accounts for the black and blue coloration afterwards.

Posted by: Crash | Jan 23, 2009 3:32:28 PM

4. I had a friend fracture his penis and him scream woke me out of a dead sleep! His dick was swollen and almost completely black.

Four nights later he did it again and this time not only was the penis black and blue, but half way down to his knees on the front of both legs!

No sex for 2 months after that until it healed.

He did it by coming completely out of his gf and thrusting all the way back in hard. The first time he hit the mattress and the 2nd her pelvic bone.

Posted by: Sacgary | Jan 23, 2009 5:02:38 PM

5. Do NOT google image search "penile fracture" with safe search off.

*shudders*

Posted by: Nick | Jan 23, 2009 5:13:31 PM

6. I do not possess (and will never have) a penis, but goddamn, reading that made me cross my legs.

Also, how awkward would it be to be the girl/guy who caused the penis fracture?

Posted by: Emma | Jan 23, 2009 8:16:56 PM

7. "Rupture" is a better term than "fracture". Your penis becomes erect when two sponge-like slabs of tissue fill with blood. If the tissue is torqued enough (bent), it can snap (the noise) and leak blood within the penis. Ouch. Please Dionysus, no!

Posted by: David R. | Jan 23, 2009 11:23:41 PM

8. Vulvadynia.

Observationally, its neurological and nothing to do with the pelvic floor muscles, scar tissue, or or just "needing to relax" -- some wiring is getting crossed, causing otherwise-pleasurable contact to register as "pain".

Totally awesome, let me tell you.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Jan 24, 2009 10:48:10 PM

9. "I have an ex who broke his about two weeks after we broke up. I spent a night in the hospital with him over it. It really was a horrific injury. It turned purple and black. Thinking of it still gives me the heeby-jeebies."

I'm sure it was truly awful.

However, admit it, you were smiled inside, just a little, no?

You can tell us, you're amongst friends, we won't judge you.

At all.

LOL!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jan 25, 2009 8:56:30 PM

10. Actually there is a condition called Vagismus that is an involuntary contraction of the vagina and if it's bad enough they get stuck like dogs, so a broken vagina is possible as is a broken penis.

Posted by: Mac | Jan 26, 2009 2:50:17 AM

11. did u ever get ur penis fixed and how long did it take? did it ever work the same and did it return to its orignal form

Posted by: andy gracie tammy | Apr 24, 2011 9:11:58 AM

12. did u ever get ur penis fixed and how long did it take? did it ever work the same and did it return to its orignal form

Posted by: andy gracie tammy | Apr 24, 2011 9:12:08 AM

13. I WANT AN PENIS FRACTURE . SO ANY GIRL WANTS TO TREAT MY PENIS BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DFDFGDDD | Jul 20, 2011 6:46:15 AM