David Paterson | Hillary Clinton | Kirsten Gillibrand | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

VIDEO: NY Gov Paterson Appoints Kirsten Gillibrand to Senate

Gillibrand4

Watch Paterson's annnouncement and Gillibrand's acceptance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
Human Rights Campaign Clarifies Gillibrand Record on LGBT Issues [tr]
Report: Paterson Picks Rep. Kirsten Gillibrand to Replace Clinton [tr]

Comments

1. Judging from the debacle on gay marriage in CA you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical over these poll numbers in FL.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jan 23, 2009 3:12:01 PM

2. Judging from the debacle on gay marriage in CA you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical over these poll numbers in FL.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jan 23, 2009 3:12:46 PM

3. Sorry, this comment belongs on the previous post.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jan 23, 2009 3:49:21 PM

4. A "blue dog" democrat with a more conservative voting record than McCain and one that the NRA supports!

Sounds like Paterson is trying to remove any dem competition for election. However, he will be creamed by a repub.

Posted by: RB | Jan 23, 2009 8:25:32 PM

5. as long as it isnt kennedy im happy alth

this woman is a gun nut tho..im hoping for cuomo in '10 anyway

Posted by: daveynyc | Jan 23, 2009 9:50:57 PM

6. It's about time. I get the feeling he was just letting Kennedy make a fool of herself and kept dangling the position in front of Andrew C trying to get him to swallow instead of spit(zer).

Posted by: Rikard | Jan 24, 2009 5:00:36 AM

7. It's all good with me. She sounds decent, I like that she's more centrist, and I'm just happy that it didn't go to Caroline. Caroline should stay out of politics and remain involved in philanthropies and other pursuits where she can preserve the love and goodwill that the American people have for her. That is far more powerful than 1 senate seat.

Posted by: MikeNYC | Jan 24, 2009 10:05:56 PM