50 Cent to Offer Butch Line of Cosmetics for Men

50centRapper 50 Cent “is putting the finishing touches to a male cosmetics line, including moisturisers, night creams, and health supplements” according to the UK’s Daily Mirror: “50 prides himself on having a ripped body… he’s on a health kick and barely touches alcohol. So his range will be for the guy who likes to be pampered – but the supplements will make it more butch.”

Said 50 Cent (in 2004) “I ain’t into faggots. I don’t like gay people around me, because I’m not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I’m not prejudiced. I just don’t go with gay people and kick it – we don’t have that much in common. I’d rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that’s cool.”

50 Cent softens up with beauty range [yahoo]

Comments

1. B-rod says

As ugly as he is, who would want to buy anything with his name on it that supposed to help with one’s appearance?

He outta going to some kind of dental supplies so he can get those big ass Bugs Bunny front teeth filed down an inch or two.

2. B-rod says

3. christopher says

Ugly, homophobic and stupid is no way to go through life kid and really there’s only two things here you can change here so I suggest you get at it.

4. Derrick from Philly says

He said that he’d rather “hang out with a straight dude.” Well, that’s the typical answer for a “bottom”. We “bottoms” think that straight dudes are always “tops”. Not so, dearie.
    I guess you’ll have to find out the hard way, Half a Dollar. If you want that thick booty of yours banged properly–you’d better hang out with a gay guy…a versatile gay guy. Maybe Tiger Tyson will help you out (probably already has)

5. mike says

So, tell me, 50, what my thoughts are. If they about you, it’s that you ugly, ugly, ugly. Don’t worry, 50 baby, I wouldn’t touch your ugly ass with a ten-foot bilge pole.

6. Carl in SD says

He is a beast. Someone with bad skin is last person I would take beauty advice from. Whatever he is using evidently doesn’t work. I agree, he needs to get those big white chiclets filed down.

7. nic says

i don’t care too much for “fity cent”, but JACK, unless you’re black, “nigger” is verbotten. chris rock can make the distiction between blacks and niggers just as well as i can make a distinction between mexicans and mezcins. pop white culture has dictated those terms. it is uo to us to change that paradigm.

8. Joe says

What we all fail to realize with these rappers is that 99% of them are uneducated, taken from the ghetto’s and projects and shoved a contract under their noses and said sign and the checks come rolling in. They hold no control and are simply told what to do and how to do it. So his sales are good we market him another way. No matter what, they are ignorant, plain and simple. So if you went into these ghetto neighborhoods they would all say the same except they are not rolling in the dough that this thug is.

9. Joe says

10. Bob R says

Hey there, Fitty you dumb piece o shit. Who gonna be buyin’ yo lotions and potions man? Brothas on the DL? Sho won’t be no cracka faggot shuckin’ out duckets fo’ yo’ shit.

He’s not only ugly, he’s stupid. His “men’s” cosmetic line is doomed to failure because his main market won’t knowingly spend money on a homophobe’s product. At Fifty Cents I think he’s wayyyy overpriced.

11. Derrick from Philly says

RAFAEL,

I’m sorry you had to read that crappy exchange between me and Jack, but this happens every time there is interracial gay-bashing. It was back during the Isaiah Washington Affair that I first said that the effect of being called a faggot carries as much pain and hurt as being called a nigger, and the punishment should be same in the work place, school room, public forum, etc).

Having said that, I also say that it is still not appropriate to respond to a black homophobe yelling “FAGGOT” by calling him a “NIGGER”. Why? Because the black homophobe has not insulted your race or your ethnicity. He has insulted us personally, AND our social group/culture we belong to based on our sexual orientation (and sometimes our physical appearance/mannerisms). When a white gay person responds to a anti-gay slur from a black homophobe with a racial slur–the white gay is proving to black gays that we are invisible. He doesn’t give a damn if black gays are insulted by his racist slur. The racists turn gay into “white only”, and black gay people are of no significance.

The few times white guys called me “faggot” or “queer”–it never occured to me to counter their slurs with a racial slur. If they call me “nigger”–then I know what to say…like you just witnessed.

The white gay who responds to a black homophobe’s slur of “faggot” by returning the slur “nigger” has hated black people all along. Black homophobia didn’t turn them anti-black, they were already stinking with that hate.

12. TRAVIS says

“I ain’t into niggers. I don’t like black people around me, because I’m not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I’m not prejudiced. I just don’t go with black people and kick it – we don’t have that much in common. I’d rather hang out with a non-black dude. But anythin else, that’s cool.”

I wonder how he’d feel, being a kid hearing this and being on the other end of prejudice. Not so great, is it? I think what he really means is: “I have a very stereotypical (and hypocritical!) image of all gay people, and feel no remorse in using hateful slurs in reference to them in my daily speech and in interviews”.

You know what: FUCK THAT. I’m not supporting him, or the homophobia he creates by having this opinion and being a celebrity. I hope his views have changed as well, because that shit is unacceptable.

13. Brandon says

Derrick: I don’t know why Jack had to go there with using the epithet. Maybe it’s because he’s hurt by 50 cent’s remarks, so he wants to say something hurtful in return. And if he were saying that to 50 cent himself with no one else around it would be a bit different. However, he’s chosen to use the epithet in a public forum. Perhaps he intended to offend or maybe he just didn’t think about how you or any other Towleroad reader may feel after reading his post.

I agree with you challenging him on it, but please don’t go there yourself and start using other derogatory terms as a response.

YOU are better than that.

Joe: you wrote “So if you went into these ghetto neighborhoods they would all say the same except they are not rolling in the dough that this thug is.” Why are 50 Cent’s comments being attributed to everyone that lives in the ghetto? Were Eminem’s anti-gay comments presented as the sentiments of all working class whites? There seems to me an incredible double standard that especially seems to pop up when black people make comments. Suddenly, an entire group of people gets typecast. I wonder what would happen if other folks had to pay the same freight. I don’t think they would like it. But since it is Black History Month . . . .

14. Christopher in lower manhattan says

He is the new walking talking living stereotype of young black men.Alot of black youth actually copy what he does.When propbably one of the best black mail role models is “PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA”.It sickens the shit out of me,that we have all of these young punk ass thugs runnin around with his same kind of attitude.I would NEVER buy anything with his name on it or any other hiphop artist.I hate hiphop and refuse to even listen to it.I love HOUSE MUSIC and personally if the renowned DJ Peter Rauhofer released his own line of mens fragrance from Star 69 records.I will gladly buy it without question.Yes I am a 21 year old man of color (black/puerto rican) But unlike this shitty character and most other young black men.I have class.I am proudly out the closet,I am not feminine AT ALL (very masculine) conservative dresser and articulate myself in a more intellectual manner.Homophobic,ghetto,stupid trash is what “fitty cent” is.Where Im from he really is a *N* because he carries himself with absolutely NO pride,self respect,respect for others,has no education,and to my knowledge is illiterate,is ASSED-OUT ugly,has no class,and thinks his Escalade with “24s” and how ever much amount of money he has (but DID NOT rightfully earn) makes him important.Like the rest of these shitty hiphop artists.This man has absolutely nothing to contribute to society and when he becomes washed up and old news,where is he gonna be?In the gutter somewhere?I dont listen to hiphop because its violent,homophobic,demeans women,and is for the most part,racist.Black thugs like him are a real embarrassment to intellectual young men of color,like myself.you wont find me buying his product thats for sure.It will probably fail anyway,he’s not another Sean P.Diddy Combs.I dont buy his products either.

15. Christopher in lower manhattan says

In the beginning I made typos.

When probably one of the best black male role models is “PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA”.

Thats what happens when you type to fast.

16. DanJoaquinOz says

Ultra-macho Fifty Cent, whose prison nickname was “The Slut”, has publicly admitted a fondness for dildos, describes his own glute & quad-heavy workout as “girly”, has appeared in multiple photos in fur coats, with fiercely plucked eyebrows and erect nipples and now he has his very own cosmetics line! I love it. To call him ‘conflicted’ about gender identity and teh Gay would be a HUGE understatement.

I like his music though, and if he’d stop plucking his eyebrows for a month, I’d fuck him.

17. Christopher in lower manhattan says

Derrick from Philly: I totally agree with your earlier posts here.If there is one thing I cant stand is some racist white homo who has the audacity to blatantly expel racist remarks and show no remorse.Its one reason why I dont normally use this site as a gay news source.I have found most of the commenters here to be rude,obnoxious,frivolous,ignorant,arrogant,
    and just plain vile.I said MOST not all.They know who they are.

18. elg says

Remember when 50 cent first came on the scene, his claim to fame was that he had been shot 8 or 9 times AND LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT. Well, I hope that whoever shot him multiple times eventually finishes the job. The world will be a better place without him in it.

I am a black gay man and I do not like rap “music” and I especially do not like 50 cent.

19. nikko says

CHRISTOPHER IN LOWER MANHATTAN, I love what you wrote. Rap sucks. Makes rock seem like choir music in comparison! And it lowers black culture to an ugly base stereotype of the criminal, degenerate black that reinforces racism.

20. Kirk says

You are a uneducated and homophobic idiot 50 cent I am sure that stage name exudes intelligence. You perpetuate racism what a irony since you are part of a group that is discrimated against

21. Brandon says

Christopher: while I do hear what you’re saying I disagree with you on two points.

1) By making such a dramatic generalization, e.g., most young black men have no class, you’re helping to perpetuate stereotyping of black people.

2) You’ve characterized yourself as very masculine as if being feminine is a bad thing. If you don’t want to date someone “feminine” that’s fine, but if equality means anything, it isn’t just for those who fit into society’s existing pegs. I’m constantly surprised by so many gay men, of all stripes, who want the world to ok the fact that they like d*ck, but then sort want to oppress the sissies. All you’re doing is accepting an existing paradigm which already excludes you versus challenging the actual paradigm. The hilarity of it is that 50 Cent is a personification of the masculine paradigm that in many ways is responsible for gay oppression.