Art and Design | Keith Haring | News

Haring's World

Haring

For your evening viewing, The Universe of Keith Haring, with Dutch subtitles,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Looks as though this doc, by Christina Clausen, was broadcast on Dutch TV and uploaded by one of their more industrious, art-loving citizens...

Comments

1. Thank you for sharing this documentary.

Posted by: Mark | Feb 10, 2009 10:11:02 PM

2. Thank you, thank you Andy! I'm totally frakkin' excited over this. Haring was a huge influence on my personal evolution and a hero for so many different reasons. I hope some of the youngers who visit here will watch this if they don't already know about Keith Haring.

Posted by: basis4insanity | Feb 10, 2009 10:27:51 PM

3. I'll admit it, I'm one of the "youngers" who has enjoyed this site over the past few years. I have a Keith Haring animation on the inside screen of my phone. It's a red character, a blue character, a green character, a pink character and a yellow character jumping up and down on a purple polka-dotted floor. I love it. I didn't know who he was. The doc was nice. Thanks.

Posted by: K | Feb 10, 2009 11:15:21 PM

4. Thanks for posting this. Touching and inspiring.

Posted by: Chris | Feb 10, 2009 11:23:14 PM

5. thanks for that it was amazing, insightful and inspiring!

Posted by: ben smith | Feb 10, 2009 11:37:02 PM

6. Thanks for the clip ANDY. Haring was not only a great artist, he was an early AIDS activist here. Those who are in the NYC area, if you have not yet been to the LGBT Community Center on 13th Street, check out his work there.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 11, 2009 9:12:13 AM

7. Thank You so much for posting this, a beautiful tribute to to Keith Haring and a happy innocent time before AIDS. So few artists work have ever come so close to such exacting representation of joy, love and happiness.

Posted by: michael | Feb 11, 2009 10:46:09 AM

8. Wow, just great. So amazed anew at Haring's energy, creativity, joy in life, generosity of spirit. So damned sad he soared through life so quickly and passed so young. Tragic, but his story is inspirational, what an extraordinary person. Thanks.

Posted by: Bell | Feb 11, 2009 1:22:51 PM

9. Thanks so much for the link Andy!

I really enjoyed being transported back to a very different and difficult period of time not so long ago. Keith will always remain such a big part of my 20's and the 80's experience. I still miss him and so many others from that era of the New York scene. Sigh.

Posted by: Lead | Feb 11, 2009 3:16:49 PM

10. Bummer. I saved this to watch when I had time, but now that I do, it's gone!

Posted by: Liz | Feb 18, 2009 11:36:40 AM