Comments

1. says

Bravo, Suze! It’s hard for me to separate the real thing from Kristin Wiig’s brilliant parody, but she’s absolutely right, of course, and deserves accolades for using her power–as Ellen has learned to do–to speak on an issue of personal importance to her. Another example of how being out can make a difference.

2. says

3. says

Oops, sorry for the double post. The comments section of Towleroad has been playing games with me lately. . . . While I’m on the subject, not to whine, but I hate how comments are now divided into multiple pages on posts with a lot of feedback.

4. Sam says

Yes, because Suze has no personal interest in the issue? I mean I love her to death, but I would like to see some heterosexual financial gurus start preaching the same thing!

I’ll take it though. Suze is great.

5. K says

I’m used to being wrong, so I won’t be surprised if I am now, but I thought that, purely from a financial perspective, marriage was a negative in the short term, hence the “marriage penalty.” Retirement contributions are different, so that’s a plus. I thought the short term was more about immediate health benefits, lack of confusion versus “civil unions,” immigration, etc.

6. Jim says

I love you Suze. You are such a warm, intelligent, and brilliant woman. Maybe the rich, Republican, conservatives will at least LISTEN to you because you hit them in the only place that matters to them… their wallets. Your heart is infinitely bigger than their wallets.

7. RB says

Love, love, love Suze Orman! I love her message, everything that she does to help people with their money and her personality! You can realy tell that she cares about the people that she helps. What an incredible role model for the human race. We should be so lucky that she also represents the LGBT community. Thanks for you comments Suze!

8. paul c says

I really loved Suze until she started urging everyone to get out of the stock market the minute this shit storm hit the fan.

If she was just talking to her friends or a few clients, that would be one thing…but she is extremely influential among a wide swath of America and her words led to self-fulfilling prophecy of disaster when everyone dumped their stocks on her command.

Cute jacket though.

9. JACKNASTY says

I really loved Suze when she started urging everyone to get out of the stock market, because in spite of the fundamentals being atrocious most financial “gurus” in the media continued to shill for their billionaire corporate masters and encouraged people to ride it out. Those people have all now been wiped out. Reality sooner or later trumps bullshit.

Good call, Suze! Thanks for sticking up for the little guy.

10. oneway says

Suze is my #1 favorite lesbian. Sorry, Ellen. Suze is a role model for all — and I’m so glad to see her address gay issues directly to a general audience.

You go, girlfriend!

11. FunMe says

Some people still don’t know, despite her announcement, that Suze is a lesbian.

Yeah, it would be nice to have more straights stand up for marriage equality.

But Suze is pretty influential and her simple but powerful statement can and will make an impact.