Annie Lennox | Cher | Google | Madonna | Michelangelo Signorile | Mike Jones | Music Video | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #424

DENVER SIGHTSEEING: Michelangelo Signorile and Mike Jones visit the apartment where Jones had sex with Ted Haggard.

SHINING LIGHT: The new Annie Lennox single.

CHER ON MADONNA: A new clip from Nadya Ginsburg.

GOOGLE EARTH 5.0: The new version allows you to see historical imagery, dive beneath the ocean's surface, and record a tour of your travels.

Comments

1. Annie Lennox is an absolute Goddess, and what an a amazing human being too boot. Thank you so much for posting this and making Monday a bit for shiney!

Posted by: Mike | Feb 2, 2009 5:36:44 PM

2. Annie reminds me of Dazzler, the Marvel superheroine, in that video.

Posted by: Michael W. | Feb 2, 2009 5:49:07 PM

3. What a wonderful beautiful ending to a Monday. I adore Annie Lennox.

Posted by: CB | Feb 2, 2009 5:52:59 PM

4. I adore Annie Lennox, and have for more than 25 years. But that song is a throwaway. And the "special effects" in the video seem like a joke. The most enjoyable part was seeing her dress up in various costumes again.

That Cher/Madonna thing was tiresome. Endless fart jokes? Madonna as a slut jokes? Cher as a plastic surgery victim jokes? I'm ambivalent about Madonna and Cher, but that clip was juvenile in a not very funny way.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 2, 2009 5:59:15 PM

5. Shining Light is a cover of my fellow leprechauns, Ash. I always enjoyed the original, but Annie has a lot more fun with it. Hot.

Posted by: paragon | Feb 2, 2009 6:58:06 PM

6. If Annie is going to sing with versions of herself, I still prefer the "Little Bird" video.

And I think the Go-Go's had a lot more fun with the concept 25 years ago with "Turn to You".

Posted by: Ruddigore | Feb 2, 2009 7:24:41 PM

7. Mike Jones a clean person? Puuullllleze. He needs to put down those cigarettes before his voice gets worse than Marge's sisters on the Simpson. Both Jones and Signorelli, they sound more like Benson and Hedges!

Posted by: Vivien | Feb 2, 2009 7:40:07 PM

8. Mike Jones has my undying gratitude. Haggard was using his podium to try to pass into law a hateful anti-gay bill in Colorado. Jones exposed Haggard's hypocrisy. As far as I'm concerned, Jones should be Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

Posted by: tomj | Feb 2, 2009 10:35:39 PM

9. ANNIE IS OUR SHINING LIGHT FOR THE UNIVERSE....she never fails to amaze me

Cheers..
    Tony(nyc)

Posted by: tony | Feb 2, 2009 11:06:50 PM

10. when my children squabble i cannot take sides.

Posted by: beshalach | Feb 2, 2009 11:11:23 PM

11. Now that history is back with Google 5.0, you can actually see a satellite capture of a classic SF Castro Street Party... I'm there in the crowd, for sure..

Follow these directions:

1. Download the new version of Google Earth

2. Go to Location "Market St and Castro St, San Francisco, CA"

3. Go to View > Historical Imagery to enable viewing past satellite pictures

4. Travel back in time until you reach October 2002

5. Check it out... Isn't it cool? Don't you wish they had higher resolution?!

Posted by: tajeddine | Feb 3, 2009 5:15:55 PM

12. Great to see Annie Lennox back working again with positive energy. I think the darkness expressed through the last two releases was wearing her down. Or she was worn down and it was coming out in her work. Either way, the return to light is welcome. Annie you do wonderful things with the shining light of the universe!

Posted by: Vi agara | Feb 4, 2009 7:24:48 AM