Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Iraq | Military | Music Video | News

U.S. Soldiers in Iraq Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Stop Believin'

Soldiers

If this is what goes on in Army barracks in Iraq then I don't see how the argument that enlisting openly gay soldiers would affect troop morale holds any water.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. IOW you "care" that they're cannon-fodder for the oil cartels.

They have nothing to do with protecting your sorry ass.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 2, 2009 7:06:29 PM

2. I'd call that "Don't ask, just show and tell".

Posted by: IR | Feb 2, 2009 7:37:10 PM

3. It's nice to see two guys clown around and there isn't any prevalence of sexual orientation.

Ya know, sometimes it sucks when you have to make that distinction. Maybe if they didn't get forced into declaration they could just be...well, guys clowning around.

Posted by: mark | Feb 2, 2009 7:54:50 PM

4. what I thought was sweet was the crochet blanket on the bed. You just know mom or grandma made that and tenderly gave it to their boy to take overseas.

Posted by: em | Feb 2, 2009 9:38:02 PM

5. What in hell was that?! Wow! And "not gay at all"? Uh-huh...

Posted by: Tim | Feb 2, 2009 10:48:29 PM

6. "what I thought was sweet was the crochet blanket on the bed. You just know mom or grandma made that and tenderly gave it to their boy to take overseas. "

I was thinking the same thing.

And also, I used to lip-sync to this song with my friends. When I was thirteen. I think that's why the video made me giggle.

Posted by: Mara | Feb 3, 2009 1:34:25 PM

7. So AWESOME,great song,The 3 solders get a high 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dano | Feb 3, 2009 3:55:20 PM

8. There is something about straight guys "queening" out for lack of a better word that is so damn hot and sexy. I think it's because they still manage to look masculine while they do it, as strange as that sounds.

Posted by: Davey | Feb 2, 2009 2:11:00 PM

Yeah, because it's not possible for real gay men to be masculine at all, right? No wonder so many sad queens love gay-for-pay crap.

Posted by: _____ | Feb 3, 2009 3:57:30 PM

9. The untold story of men like these is that after their homosocial bonding sessions they will be out on the prowl for prostitutes or any other woman they can pin down in order to prove their true het manhood.

Gay men might get themselves all excited about the hot straight guys, but you forget that the misogyny and machismo these men have, it is worked out by rape and abuse and exploitation of women. Women they serve with, locals, whoever. (go look up army and prostitutes and rape if you are so deluded you never thought of this before)

But of course that doesn't count does it ?

Posted by: human | Feb 4, 2009 10:42:08 AM