Comments

1. Austin says

I think I’d like it more if the “cleverness” of the phrase “if you seek Amy” made sense in the context of the song. As it stands, it’s more of a single entendre and all wit and pun-ness of it is lost. I would probably respect it more if she just said F-U-C-K. Or the word itself. My thoughts have always been, “If you can do it, then you should probably be able to say it. . .” Especially while doing it. =)

2. Wes says

Rediculous song. I actually liked Blackout a lot, and about half of Circus. This wasn’t one of the ones I liked. Unusual You needs to be a damn single.

3. Hunter says

“Want to be provocative? Release a song anyone remembers 5 minutes after it ends.”

lol, seriously? I’m pretty sure most people remember the majority of Britney’s hits. Her music is part of American culture at this point.

4. Bosie says

Hahah I LOVE the video….”IF U SEEK AMY” GOOD JOB BRITNEY!

Miss Spears is in a new era of pop&entertainment goodness…I’m enjoy her 2 newest albums.

5. Jesse says

Whaoh, right on, Britney.
    I’m not a big fan at all, but this was brilliant.
    I never understood the song until just now.
    What a slap in the face to the public, lol, I love it.

6. Ash says

Britbrit… *sigh*
    I’m glad she’s back. And with a vengeance! Hilarious video! And part of me wants that weird x-vest outfit that guy had on…

7. jason says

Not only is she untalented, she also has awfully stereotypical production values in her songs. It’s that mindless generic mush that has come to define dance-type music for the last 15 years or so. I’m truly ashamed of this music industry that once gave us so much originality, only to fall into the abyss of mediocrity.

Sadly, there are gay men out there who are supporting her. These are usually the men who will dance to anything, including the sounds of crickets chirping, so long as there is a dance beat to it. If a record producer put a dance beat to an Anita Bryant song, the current generation of gay men would still dance to it.

8. says

>>Not only is she untalented, she also has awfully stereotypical production values in her songs. It’s that mindless generic mush that has come to define dance-type music for the last 15 years or so.<<

Hmmm, the same thing has been said about Madonna. Yet, she continues to sell out venues across the globe year after year. God bless capitalism. Gimme More!

9. Wes says

Oh please Britney Spears has made her BEST material with her last two albums, perhaps with the exception of the song Toxic (still one of her best). But compare anything on Blackout or Kill The Lights, Unusual You, Circus, etc. to anything from her first few albums and its no contest. Britney Spears makes better music nowadays than ever before, albeit with massive help from talented producers, but she does all the same.

I don’t like the new song and I didn’t really like Womanizer but seriously, listen to her debut album, Oops I Did It Again, Britney, or In The Zone (with the exception of Toxic and maybe the Madonna duet) and be glad she’s not making THAT crap anymore.