DL Hughley | News | Richard Gere

D.L. Hughley Wants to Know About Richard Gere's 'Gerbil Thing'

Hughley

From Saturday night's show. D.L. Hughley wants to ask Richard Gere about "the gerbil thing." Perhaps he should talk to Sylvester Stallone.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. D.L. Hughley is an idiot. I can't figure out why he was given a tv show. He's not funny and he's stupid.

Posted by: DB | Mar 16, 2009 11:24:13 AM

2. D.L. is an ass. Total homophobe.... or maybe he's curious about the "gerbil thing".

Posted by: Scott | Mar 16, 2009 11:27:17 AM

3. And, I would like to know how someone as unfunny, dumb as dirt and unattractive was able to get a lame show on a lame cable news network. The mentality of these wanna be shock jocks is just too twisted.

Posted by: Darnell | Mar 16, 2009 11:47:41 AM

4. What an embarrassment Hughley is...to us Pisceans. He probably has the sign of Cancer running all through his chart. It's a wonder Gere does find him and whup the gerbil remains out of Hughley's ass.

Happy Birthday, JIMMYBOYO!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 16, 2009 11:49:00 AM

5. How truly sad that cable tv network execs think this man is appropriate as an african-american John Stewart.
    Thank goodness his show has been canceled.
    I guess there aren't any better informed, light hearted, and topical hosts available from that community.
    Oh, puhleeze...... !

Posted by: brian | Mar 16, 2009 12:10:27 PM

6. DL is as phoney as his false teeth.

Posted by: ggreen | Mar 16, 2009 12:23:50 PM

7. Tell all this to Ellen What's Her Name before she invites him on her show AGAIN and pretends what a funny, harmless, non-homohating guy he is.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Mar 16, 2009 12:25:27 PM

8. Curiosity most times says so much about the person who is curious. Seriously why would anyone be having this conversation?

Posted by: Joe | Mar 16, 2009 1:02:55 PM

9. This man BUGS me so much!

Yo Derrick! I didn't get a happy birthday shoutout! On March 14th I turned 21!

Ish.

What?

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 16, 2009 1:46:17 PM

10. What a bore... That urban legend has been associated with so many closeted and "suspected" gays in show business that all that's accomplished by bringing it back up does is remind people of those who's careers where ruined when it first surfaced.

In the media-market I live in, a lead evening-news broadcaster's career was ended by those rumors just as he was posed to "come out" after a life-threatening illness prompted him to re-examine being in the public-eye and the closet. That he was actually-gay with a steady BF was fairly-well known within the gay community already. Once the "gerbil racing" rumor surfaced with his name attached to it, the giggling and smirking started, the advertisers started to complain, and he was basically blacklistd in all the major markets. It took years for his reputation and broadcasting career to recover.

And it wasn't helped either by the fact that an afternoon celebrity-hosted kids-program actually had gerbil races as a feature between commercial breaks for call-in prizes.

Posted by: Ted B. | Mar 16, 2009 2:19:56 PM

11. Happy Birthday, DEREK! Another Pisces to make the world a kinder, gentler place.

Twenty-one! Are you sure? ...seem awfully mature for twenty-one....must be a Nevada thing. You know, the rugged cowboy life matures one.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 16, 2009 2:22:36 PM

12. Note to DL: Your material is like, oh, 100 years old. It wasn't funny in 1909 and it isn't funny today.

Posted by: Rick in Ohio | Mar 16, 2009 2:36:43 PM

13. derrick from Philly

:-)

What day exactly is your b-day again?

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 16, 2009 3:34:58 PM

14. derek washington

Happy belated B-day

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Mar 16, 2009 3:37:16 PM

15. Fuck the D.L. When I hear people like him speak, I want to make the world a kinder, gentler place...one head at a time.

But maybe that's because my birthday is the first of April.

Posted by: Eric | Mar 16, 2009 4:28:49 PM

16. The first of April. Oh, no...Aries. Warlike creatures, very bossy, and judgemental: Crawford, Davis, my mother.

Hey, JIMMY, mine was the 6th. A real Pisces, I am: kind-hearted, happy go-lucky, slightly alcoholic and prone to substance abuse: real gentle folk, I am.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 16, 2009 4:41:23 PM

17. happy belated B-day to you Derrick from Philly

:-)

Posted by: jimmyboy | Mar 16, 2009 5:16:49 PM

18. First rule of "Gerbil-Thing:" Don't talk about Gerbil-Thing.

What is wrong with him?

Posted by: JamesR | Mar 16, 2009 5:33:23 PM

19. Would you excuse me. I cut my foot before and my shoe is filling up with blood.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 17, 2009 2:04:53 AM