Advertising | Giorgio Armani | Models | New York | News

Male Model Parker Gregory Too Meaty for NY's Meatpacking District

Ax1

A couple weeks ago I showed you the new Armani Exchange campaign featuring Kerry Degman and Parker Gregory, along with model Rianne ten Haken. A/X submitted one of its images for a massive billboard in New York's trendy meatpacking district, but the image was rejected by billboard co. Van Wagner because it's a bit too, well, meaty.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Ax2

Click below for the image without the red stripe...

View this photo

Comments

1. Suddenly I'm in the mood for a steak.

Posted by: amknyc | Mar 5, 2009 11:30:06 AM

2. nice can

Posted by: reddevilboy | Mar 5, 2009 11:40:18 AM

3. Go for the rump roast instead!!

Posted by: wyskip | Mar 5, 2009 11:44:26 AM

4. OMG!!!! I am blind! Momma said if i looked a cute meaty ass one day i would go blind!! Jeebus help me !!!!!!!!!

Give me a freakin break here! The Moralists are in full swing in "Meatpacking" District of NYC!! It's freakin NYC for Christ sake!!

Posted by: alex in boston | Mar 5, 2009 11:48:45 AM

5. lovely....

Posted by: Dubwise | Mar 5, 2009 11:50:15 AM

6. Man I guess with developement comes puritanism.

Its hard to believe that 25 years ago the meatpacking District was home to The Anvil, Alex in Wonderland and J's Hangout. It may have not been pretty or trendy but it was a hellivalot more fun!

Posted by: Jeff | Mar 5, 2009 11:54:04 AM

7. Too meaty? To whom are they selling their product if the young man's butt is too meaty? It looks perfect to me, but then I'm not the prime demographic for them, nor will I buy their product.

I'm sure the model will manage to put his life back together after this horrible turn of events and rise again once more to become a well adjusted member of society.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 5, 2009 11:54:28 AM

8. but i suppose the simulated sex act and the nearly fully-exposed breasts on the other part of the ad are OK?

it's not the censorship, but rather the hypocrisy that bugs me.

Posted by: james | Mar 5, 2009 12:21:03 PM

9. Too meaty? Ah, NOW I see why my brothas aren't in more fashion spreads.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Mar 5, 2009 12:23:45 PM

10. A (stunningly beautiful) butt shot is too much for advertisers? Wow, don't you just love the legacies of Puritanism in this country?

Posted by: Clay | Mar 5, 2009 12:28:41 PM

11. Soulbrotha: My thoughts exactly!

Posted by: BMF | Mar 5, 2009 12:50:09 PM

12. Why are guns never an issue in the states, but a bare ass causes fear and apprehension?

Posted by: mo | Mar 5, 2009 12:55:09 PM

13. if it was a female ass, would it have passed?

Posted by: Sean | Mar 5, 2009 1:02:40 PM

14. Probably would have been accepted had he carried a gun...

Posted by: miche | Mar 5, 2009 1:06:07 PM

15. Yeah, if it was a woman's ass there'd be then of them lined up in a row, but a man's ass, brother, that's dynamite in this repressed homophobic US of A!

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 5, 2009 1:12:33 PM

16. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANDY TOWLE? Andy will put up large photos of half-naked haterosexual males and large photos of gay men after hate crimes. Nothing else. According Andy and unforuntaly a lot of gay men haterosexual males are to be desired and gay men are to be sympathized with because we are "tragic" etc. Get out Andy. You did a good job during the Prop 8 hate fest but you have returned to your self-hating ways.

Posted by: Bill | Mar 5, 2009 1:20:57 PM

17. Probably would have been accepted had he carried a gun...

All we'd see is the handle...I guess.

Soulbrotha & BMF,

I know what y'all are saying, but things are scarce everywhere. Back in the 70s (and before) all you'd see were plump, juicy bubbles--from Harlem to North Philly to Detroit/Cleveland to Southside Chicago to Compton and the entire South. Now, all I see is these pitiful creatures with their saggy pants hanging off them narrow booties. I blame the fast food industry.

Only in the NFL do you see traces of a glorious past.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 5, 2009 1:29:52 PM

18. What is wrong with you BILL? That sort of came out of nowhere. Made no sense.

Anyways, it's funny that we can have 100 foot long ads of an underwear model with his cock clearly visible but somehow a bare ass is too much. Ridiculous!

Posted by: Kurt from Milwaukee | Mar 5, 2009 1:31:49 PM

19. Bill. Bill. Bill. Get a grip, honey. I'd say you've got some envy issues or something. At least Andy is doing something with his life and at the same time, keeping all of us informed. The pictures are just icing on the cake. You don't like the pics, go somewhere else.

BTW, the "trendy" meat-packing district is now hetero-heaven and those mommies just don't want their childrens seeing bare boy-butts. NYC has become, um, dull.

Posted by: mike | Mar 5, 2009 1:43:42 PM

20. Boing!

Posted by: -e- | Mar 5, 2009 1:53:28 PM

21. it's kinda ironic that while (seemingly) complaining that the shot should have been posted on a public billboard that it requires two "are you sure you want to view this" links on this website. Doesn't that send the same message?

Posted by: Dan B | Mar 5, 2009 1:57:07 PM

22. Mike, i agree NYC is dull. Every gay bar in the city is fill with polo wearing twinks.

Posted by: A.S. | Mar 5, 2009 1:59:26 PM

23. Are you people stupid? It's "too meaty" in the sense that it's an ass in a picture, not because the specific ass in question is too thick!!! Um, duh. You think it would have magically passed if it was a skinny man ass?

(And uh, no, I doubt it would have gotten through if it was a woman's ass, either. 'Cause we see so much female nudity everywhere in the country everyone is calling "puritanical." Thinking is fun - try it sometime.)

Posted by: Ugh | Mar 5, 2009 2:02:14 PM

24. Get off your high horse Billy - how do you know that is a "straight" arse anyhow? Do you know the model that well? I doubt it. Andy's site keeps me coming back everday. Viva la Andy! But I agree with another poster, the click twice to see a nekkid butt was kinda puritanical in itself.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 5, 2009 2:51:00 PM

25. "Are you people stupid? It's "too meaty" in the sense that it's an ass in a picture..."

Who gives a fuck? The "meaty" issue led to a conversation more fun than the idiotic issue at hand.

"stupid" hump, you don't know the posters of Towleroad. You can't even make-up a goddam name.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 5, 2009 2:57:36 PM