Adam Lambert | American Idol | David Hernandez | Michael Musto | New York | News

Former Idol David Hernandez Knows Adam Lambert 'From the Scene'

Lambert_hernandez

Michael Musto ran into former American Idol contestant/stripper David Hernandez at New York's Beige nightclub. Hernandez talked to Musto about Adam Lambert, gays, and American Idol, and why he was voted off: "It wasn't the stripper thing. It was the gay thing. That's Middle America for you."

Hernandez also said he's a friend of Lambert's "from the scene." What scene? The black nails scene? The Arizona stripper scene? The closeted Idol scene? Inquiring minds want to know.

In any case, since we haven't had the Wednesday Lambert fix, watch his typically over the top performance of "Born to Be Wild" on last night's show, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. crispy wrote:
    "No, David, it wasn't "the gay thing." It was the shitty singer with zero charisma thing."

THANK YOU crispy for saying what I would have said had you not said it first! If it were "the gay thing" Adam would already be gone and Archie and Clay would not have made it as far as they did! And no one can argue that Archie and Clay weren't out. Please, my dog knew they were/are gay!

Posted by: Jake | Apr 16, 2009 12:56:22 PM

2. Adam Lambert is talented for sure and has such a stage presence but like most idols whether he wins or not I don't see him being a huge success. He is wayyy too flamboyant, vocally over the top. They love you when you're on idol but when the show is over its a completely different ball game. He'll have as much success as say Constantine Mourailous(which is not bad) but anymore then that not too likely and Elvis he is not. I don't recall Elvis being half a man. Adam is not completely femme but manly i would not call him. I wouldn't even call him Metro.

Posted by: Alec | Apr 16, 2009 6:19:09 PM

3. I have not heard a great voice like his in ages!

He is ABSOLUTELY fantastic!

Posted by: Godfrey | Apr 16, 2009 8:53:21 PM

4. Yeah, fuck you DH. Middle America doesn't like cheesy singers with no talent and they don't give a shit what you do after hours. Get over your untalented self.

Posted by: Uncle Mikey | Apr 17, 2009 9:22:01 AM

5. So, I'm pretty much middle america David - and you, well you weren't that good. Now ADAM - I wait days for that man to perform. And my twin boys? They are 4 and learning the words to BTBW and Ring of Fire. They love him! They ask me to play his videos over and over again. I can't figure out whether it would be better for HIM to win or come in 2nd. He is crazy good. Crazy CRAZY good!

Posted by: twinboysmama | Apr 18, 2009 7:52:14 AM

6. Adam is in a class of his own. He is extraordinary, a great talent, entertaining, and damn sexy looking.

I think after one of the two wedding singers is eliminated the fans of both will vote for the other one since they're both the same. I hope Adam survives the double-whammy. Vote for Adam, the Super Star.

Posted by: Kit | May 13, 2009 7:44:52 PM

7. Scott -

Sorry, but if you're a Chris Allen fan, then you're "bowled over" VERY easily.

Posted by: MarkO | May 15, 2009 1:51:21 AM