Comments

1. RB says

Ok, so I am among the minority here…I NEVER voted for Bush NOR Obama! I view the two as mirror images of one another. Polar opposites. I dislike both of them for the same reasons. They are both extremes, they are both out of touch and they both lied.

You can say all you want about Bush, I would agree with some of it, but Obama is the equal extreme on the other side. NEITHER of them will be good for America. Just an opinion…

2. nic says

obama is a breath of fresh air after the stultifying bush/cheney years. there is someone representing us on the world stage who brings back some of our former glory. that is a good thing.

3. Jimmyboyo says

RB

obama is a centrist

Living far far right like america has ,building in the 80’s till now, a slight step to the center might appear a large jump to the left but it isn’t.

Obama is a centrist

regulation? Teddy roosevelt was the greatest monopoly buster ever (repub). nixon set up the EPA environmental protection agency. Nixon instead of banging his cock around and dissing china (the enemy) tried to reach out to them and find middle ground.

progressive tax system (higher rates on those making more money) REPUB! Teddy Roosevelt

etc etc

The falwell freaks, robertson nuts, in league with sainted script reading hollywood actor reagan began the yanking of your party and this country to the extreme right.

Bush sr never really a religious person allowed the religious to keep yanking to the right while he yanked economics rightward (bush sr was always the moneyed side of the repub party and not the bible thumping side).

Repub congress ham strung Clinton in so many ways it isn’t even funny. Especially when Clinton was never a lefty to begin with but in fact was/ is a blue dog dem (center to conservative dem). shrub and gang were the natural result of your party’s running to the extreme right. As a grape vine springs forth from a grape seed, bush and gang were the natural fruit of the seed the repubs were planting since the 80’s

Obama trying to bring this country to the center seems frightening to you but he is far from a lefty and or a socialist

Hell, I wish he was the scary extreme left socialist that you fear.

It is sad that a move to the center seems like a far left leap. It is sad because it shows how far right we went.

4. Jimmyboyo says

PS

the clearest example of Obama’s centrism as vs lefty = krugman not being in charge of the economy. LOL That would be some leftyness (is that a word). The banks would be getting slapped up a bit and saying “U’r our daddy Krugman”

I so get a bonner for Krugman even if he is more to the right than I am. His brain is such a turn on

5. nic says

jebus, JIMMYBOYO, everything you said is true, but do you have to rehash history each and every time you want to make a point? oh, yeah, you do, because people in general are ignorant.

i find that when i take things for granted, some little, nervous, yappy dog will be nipping at my heels with a little morsel of history that he took from here and another morsel that he took from philosophy there until it becomes almost unbearable. it bothers me more when that pooch is a gay dog.

6. jimmyboy says

:-)

Nic

I know I know

I’ve rehashed it a thousand times, but it doesn’t seem that repub leaning people listen or even know the history of their own party nixon, teddy r, etc

Hell, they don’t even remember the tieing in knots they did to both Clintons via controlling congress.

hey; have you seen the pics of Hillary over in Europe? She looks great and is working hard to make sure G-20 meeting went smoothly etc. DKOS had a diary yesterday with a load of euro pics of world leaders gushing over the Obamas and there was Hillary making sure it all went smoothly. I think she is loving Sec of state.

7. jimmyboy says