Barack Obama | Film | Gay Marriage | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #462

BILLY BOB THORNTON: His Joaquin Phoenix moment at a CBC radio interview with his band the Boxmasters.

AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM: Obama's remarks on multi-lateral frameworks.

IT PUTS THE LOTION IN THE BASKET: Silence of the Lambs becomes a Lego musical.

THERE'S A STORM GATHERING: Leave your umbrella at home.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I didn't think it would be possible to top the lego version of "Silence of the Lambs" but remixing The Weather Girls to that ridiculous anti-gay NOM commericial is Hystericaly BRILLIANT!! The clouds are gathering all right, but it's raining men!

(can I bring a friend?)

Posted by: Wayne | Apr 9, 2009 4:36:51 PM

2. Too true WAYNE, yea verily!

And I ♥ Barack Hussein Obama. Less than 3 months on the job and he sounds like a classic. What an amazing contrast to the last one.

Posted by: David R. | Apr 9, 2009 7:23:50 PM

3. The NOM ad is like a movie trailer for "Gayzilla!"

Another clever response is here (Same-sex marriage storm chasers): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mgp_kS72HE

If nothing else NOM has certainly brought out the creativity of teh gays.

Posted by: markl | Apr 9, 2009 7:53:33 PM

4. That "Silence" musical is the most brilliantly twisted thing I've seen in awhile. Are they seriously doing the entire film like this?

Posted by: Dback | Apr 9, 2009 7:58:11 PM

5. HAHA! Awesome! Check this one out:

"Put the lotion in the basket"

Posted by: Nick | Apr 9, 2009 8:19:12 PM

6. I always wondered how many times Halle Berry had to shower after her sex scenes with BBT in Monster's Ball. Poor thing...makes me shudder just to think about it. Let's hope the Oscar was worth it.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 9, 2009 8:35:52 PM

7. In response to the NOM commmercial:

OH BOO HOO

Poor straight privileged white male/female population, you're so oppressed! Heaven forbid someone should shock you back to reality from your heteronormative fantasy. Grow the fuck up. It's two thousand and fucking nine.

Posted by: Brandon | Apr 10, 2009 6:54:31 AM

8. What a prick Billy Bob is. I will never watch any of his movies again, let alone buy or rent them. Fucking immature. I'm sick of stars acting like they cured cancer or negotiated world peace and we owe them something.

As for the Storm Gathering video: funny. But... I hated the song back then and still hate it.

Posted by: nick_archer | Apr 10, 2009 2:06:11 PM