Alex Meraz | Film | News | Taylor Lautner

BigGayDeal.com

Wolf Pack: Twilight Actors Work Half-Naked, No Matter the Weather

Newmoonwolfpack

USA Today presents the first look at the wolf pack from the Twilight sequel New Moon:

"Four actors — Alex Meraz, Chaske Spencer, Bronson Pelletier, and Kiowa Gordon (left to right)  all with Native American heritage — join Taylor Lautner, who returns as a hairier, scarier Jacob Black...Among wolf pack job requirements: the ability to work half-naked no matter what the weather in the Vancouver, B.C., area, where the film has been shooting for several weeks. 'It's not pleasant for the actors,' says director Chris Weitz. "But they have all been good-natured. They show up on location in drenching, cold rain, and I say, 'OK, off with the robes.'...The Twilight sequel is filming now, and between takes, the actors usually are working out with barbells, doing push-ups or chowing down on steak, Weitz says. 'They went through wolf camp together, and they are in constant training. It paid off as a bonding thing for them and helped them to get to know one another. They drove each other to get more buff.' No amount of weightlifting, however, would allow them to act out the wolf portion of their performances; the beasts are about the size of horses and race around on all fours."

You  may remember Lautner from his bicep flex-off with Ross the Intern.

Wanted: Birth and Brawn [usa today]

Comments

1. My partner and I rented "Twilight" from NetFlix to see what all the hype was about. By the end of the movie, we looked at each other and the consensus was; "Abercrombie & Fitch meets Prozac". The most... sensually boring movie we ever had to sit through.

I suspect "New Moon" will be more of the same.

Posted by: Rad | Apr 22, 2009 7:23:41 AM

2. I don't know anything at all about these books and movies because they look ridiculous and, frankly, just stupid. So instead of making assumptions, i'll just ask: what exactly is this "wolf pack?" Knowing nothing about this, my first impulse is to be offended that a group of Native American guys are cast as animals or wolves or whatever while the (admittedly super hot) heartthrob is milky white Robert Pattinson. Can someone explain?

Posted by: David | Apr 22, 2009 8:14:25 AM

3. Why not just look on Wikipedia or just google it...lazy

Posted by: Ford | Apr 22, 2009 8:52:48 AM

4. That is one unflattering piece of photography - looks like they all have over-edited faces, and I've no idea what Chaske's expression is intended to be.

I did a quick google search on each of them, and these are not easy guys to take bad pictures of.

Posted by: PM | Apr 22, 2009 8:56:18 AM

5. yuck

Posted by: steve | Apr 22, 2009 9:15:04 AM

6. David,
    The wolf pack is a group of Native American kids from a tribe that lives in the woods outside Seattle. They can morph into wolves at will, an ancient Indian magic that developed to protect their tribe from vampires who live in the same area. In the Twilight books, the wolves have a peace accord with the "good" vampires. But the peace is threatened because the vampire Edward falls in love with a mortal girl Bella... who just so happens to be best friends with one of the wolves.

At least that's what my niece told me. Uh yeh, my niece.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 22, 2009 9:19:32 AM

7. David,

"New Moon" is the sequel to "Twilight". The series appears to be a riff off "Wolfman vs. Dracula" and "Romeo & Juliet" where the love interest by members of both sides is the female mortal.

It's pablum for the Twitter set. It's nice to look at shirtless boys making overtly homoerotic glances at one and other, but lacks any substance beyond that. The acting in "Twilight" was just horrendous.

I suggest renting "Twilight" from NetFlix for hoots. I kept wanting to queue up Gloria Gaynor on the iPod to drown out the God-awful soundtrack on the movie.

Posted by: Rad | Apr 22, 2009 9:21:19 AM

8. CRISPY

LOL

Posted by: patrick nyc | Apr 22, 2009 9:39:00 AM

9. I LOVED Twilight - the movie, never read the book. But then again, I'm a girl. I don't think it's a guy movie.

Posted by: Cayla | Apr 22, 2009 10:19:30 AM

10. Cayla,

Agreed. The Twilight series is written from the perspective of a hormone-infused, angst-ridden teenage girl. I don't think guys are supposed to 'get' it. WHich is fine by me, there are millions of books out there marketed specifically for women. It doesn't matter to me if guys get it or not. I'm on my 4th time reading the series, and obviously, I love it. Wasn't too hot about the Twilight movie though, they really chopped it down. I hope New Moon will be a better adaptation.

Posted by: Cherie | Apr 22, 2009 11:01:11 AM

11. If they're eating non-stop steak and no fibre they WILL be spending hours in the bush - trying to shit

Posted by: paul canning | Apr 22, 2009 12:27:28 PM

12. Is this another Gathering Storm parody?

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 22, 2009 12:53:31 PM

13. so not interested in these movies. and it's so absolutely clear that Meyers is writing from that sex-phobic Mormon perspective. "i love you... don't touch me!" and all that.

the weird thing about this phenomenon is that alot of people didn't like the first movie and the media keeps pretending that the movie was as well received as the Potter movies.

Posted by: Nathaniel R | Apr 22, 2009 1:09:27 PM

14. Sorry Nathaniel R, cnsidering how much money the movie made, $379,912,947 worldwide according to BoxOfficeMojo.com and the 3 million copies of the DVDs that were sold in the first day of sales, I think you're crazy to think the second movie won't do well or people hated the first.

I am a 33year old male, who isn't very angsty, and I went into the movie without reading the book. I thought the movie was pretty well done, and when I read the book after, I was very disappointed. I've read the next two, and I can only hope they do as good of a job adapting as the first.

Posted by: Nick | Apr 22, 2009 2:11:51 PM

15. and why is this news?

Posted by: STEVE RICHMOND | Apr 22, 2009 3:52:08 PM

16. There is a LOT of airbrushing going on there. Disappointing.

Posted by: DonnyB | Apr 22, 2009 4:21:17 PM

17. I liked twilight. Pattinson is beyond hot

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 22, 2009 8:46:50 PM

18. I rented the DVD from Netflix to see what the hype was about (and because I remembered Sedrick Diggory from the Harry Potter movie... yum!) Anyway, the movie was ok, but the commentary is hilarious. It's better than the movie itself. Pattinson spends most of the commentary making fun of himself, uttering variations on the theme "don't I look weird and stupid in this scene?" and laughing at himself. It's completely charming coming from a guy who is so hot.

Posted by: Haven | Apr 22, 2009 8:57:21 PM

19. i thought the whole things was very well done and robert what a sexy vampire

Posted by: aisha | Apr 22, 2009 10:03:24 PM

20. cinnamon is healthful.

Posted by: nic | Apr 23, 2009 10:00:44 AM

21. Twilight the movie was okay, but I’m sure they’ll make the next movie better. I enjoyed reading the Twilight Sage, all four books were great. I couldn’t pull the books down and I was up reading at all ends of the night until finishing book after book. What a great story.

I’m really glad their actually putting in real Native American to play the parts for the wolf pack in the Twilight sequel New Moon. I’m sure the four Native American can handle a few cold weathers since it’s in their heritage. I can’t wait for the movies to come out.

Posted by: NativePower | Apr 28, 2009 6:26:57 AM

22. Awsome guys ya

Posted by: Timothy Cudney | May 20, 2009 6:32:52 PM

23. awsome films ya

Posted by: Timothy Cudney | May 20, 2009 6:34:03 PM

24. i really do like vampires more than stuped wolfs!!!!!!!!i love robert pattinson and he even knows is!!!!!!!!!!i talk to him on myspace all the time!!!!!!! i swere to god!!!i love twilight and i know that i am going to love new moon as well!!!!!!!

Posted by: laura | Jun 20, 2009 11:51:48 PM

25. i thought that new moon was sooo LAME!
    even the first movie was better than that!(and that's saying something)
    anyway u hav to admitt that jacob and his pack are pretty hot. unless your a guy of course.
    ~lov ya~