Perez Hilton Claims Assault by will.i.am; Singer Says He’s Lying

Hilton

Following an after-party for Canada's MuchMusic awards, Perez Hilton unleashed a torrent of tweets claiming he had been assaulted by will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security detail, and was bleeding. The claim remains unverified.

Perez released a video statement on Monday.

will.i.am responded to the accusations on video channel dipdive:

William2 In his first video, will.i.am says Hilton disrespected Fergie, which led to a confrontation at an after-party.

"This dude walks away, I leave, and then [Hilton] says, 'You know that
was very faggot of you for coming at me like that'. I said, 'Yo dude, I
was just saying keep our name out of your mouth if you're going to be
disrespectful'. This dude says in front of a whole bunch of people and fans in Canada,
'You're a f*ggot, will.i.am'. Right, I'm like, 'Wow dude, wow, whatever'. He walks away and then one of the fans goes a little crazy and like
starts some stuff with Perez Hilton. I'm sitting minding my own
business waiting for a car, but it goes to show you how crazy things
can get. It's not that serious, it's all music and opinions. People make a career from opinions, which is cool, but don't be
disrespectful about it. And fans don't get all crazy about it. That's
all I got to say today. Tonight was a good night but it ended quite
crazy."

Williamtwitter

WillliamIn the second video, will.i.am goes over the incident again:

"I told y'all what happened. This dude twists it and says I assaulted him when I was the one who came to him with respect and he was the one that called me a "faggot" outside the club. Whatever. I hit you Perez? Come on, dude. I didn't hit you. I told you that I didn't like the fact that you disrespected us. It's cool to have your opinion but dude, apparently you were bleeding outside the club. I was like next to you by a tree waiting for my car. Instead of calling the police you twitted that I assaulted you. Sounds like somebody wants mad attention and is not really concerned about his health. I didn't hit you and this is very wrong that you are twitting that I did that, once again disrespecting me and everything that I stand for. And they're lies. And that's wrong. Shame on you. Shame on your behavior. And that's just messed up. Peace."

Comments

1. Chris says

Wow, Perez is really an attention whore. Though, no one should be surprised by now. If will.i.am did indeed assault him, why didn’t Perez automatically call the cops. Instead he twitted seemingly pleading for people to do the job for him. It’s pathetic. To be honest, I hope he did get knocked out for making bad comments, as the man needs to be knocked down a few notches.

2. carl says

Perez has clarified saying he did call police but they weren’t showing up so he Twittered. Given the recent report about the police not showing up on the Church St gay attack, I believe it.

3. carl says

Also do you really believe Perez called Will a faggot? I can’t see him really using that word towards him

Also violence is never right people,.

4. David in Houston says

I don’t give a crap what happens to that self-serving douche bag. The second he exposed those private Dustin Lance Black photos, he no longer has any relevance to the gay community.

5. carl says

I’m really surprised about the readers here that don’t care about violence, or just want to blame the victim because they don’t personally like him.

6. Rovex says

I dont believe will.i.am hit him, but i can believe fans did and boy did he have it coming, i hate the gross little tw@. Frankly im surprised it hasnt happened sooner. I can also believe he used the ‘faggot’ word, he has no respect for any one or any thing and thinks everyone is gay.

7. jethro says

Nothing to do with blaming the victim. Perez Hilton is a nasty piece of work who is little more than a bitchy queen. He’s the common denominator way too often. I too believe he called Will.I.Am a faggot.

8. nate says

Carl,

I don’t think that it’s people don’t care about violence. What’s happening here is that people doubt Perez Hilton’s explanation. The fact that he tweeted for help shows that he wanted attention and not help.

Think about how much time it would take for him to type out all of those tweets versus just dialing 911. Hilton wanted publicity.

The case smells bad.

9. Dickster says

Boys, the Toronto Police Service is accustomed to dealing with the bruised egos of celebrities attending T.O.’s never ending festival & awards circuit.

And they DO respond promptly to reports of serious assault.

Now, the real MuchMusic Video Awards story is about fab girll Lady Gaga who stole the show with a number culminating with pyro sprouting from metal ‘breasts’ on her boustier.

Gaga won the award for “Best International Video”, giving credit to us in her acceptance speech as reported in The Globe & Mail.

“You guys make it so hard to love anywhere else,” the eccentric 23-year-old said before hoisting the trophy in the air and saying: “To God and the gays”.

Nice touch as Pride Week begins in Toronto.

Happy Pride, Boyz.

[Hows about a clip of Gaga’s speech, Andy?]

10. says

Is Perez an annoying piece of trash and a publicity whore? Yes.

Did he deserve to be assaulted? No.

Did will.i.am commit an assault on Hilton? Innocent until proven guilty (yes, I know the incident took place in Canada, not the US, but the same principle still applies).

11. says

I can’t believe that slug Perez Hilton was allowed to infect the city of Toronto in the first place.
    Immigration should’ve stopped that viral moron at the border and kicked his pathetic ass back to his flea-ridden nest.

12. Joshua says

@ David in Houston: Totally agree. Perez is the worst kind of “advocate” for any gay issues. He is usually the aggressor, but then always the first to cry victim. Not a good representation of any community, at all. I hear vitriolic gay men toss the word faggot around constantly and have no doubt that Hilton is of the type. When the bottom line becomes more important than the issues that are being exploited – parasites like Hilton will continue to be more visible than actual advocates like Daniel Lance Black.

13. another matt says

I believe will.i.am 100%. I can definitely see Perez Hilton calling him a ‘faggot’ and I can also see will.i.am just rolling his eyes in bewilderment and walking away. Perez is an attention-hungry drama queen, and I’m skeptical about anything he says/does.

And, for the record, I really dislike The Black Eyed Peas.

14. memememe says

PH is a piece of shit. He should have had his lying ass kicked long ago.. LONG AGO. He is an insult to the Gay Community as well as the Human Race. Yuk. He just nauseates me. Fu–ing animal.

15. jimmyboyo says

Did perez call Will.I.Am a “faggot”? My bet is on yes. He at least writes the word across many people’s pics on his site

Did a fan assault Perez? If their was an assault it was more likely a fan as vs Will.I.Am

Was Will.I.Am even aware of the fan assaulting Perez when it occurred? most likely not and only became aware of the incident after the fact

perez = 0 Will.I.AM = 1

16. David says

maybe perez should just shut up from now on. hell, one of these days, someone might snap from all the crap he has written and run him over in the street.

the man doesn’t do ANYONE favors, especially himself

17. Terry says

Has anyone noticed that Perez Hilton’s site has been taken over by ads for the Black Eyed Peas latest album? Both background skyscraper ads?

WTF?

18. gregorybrown says

I’ve been advocating a Palin/Prejean ticket in the 2012 Prez race–but may Perez would be a good match…at least some Cabinet position.

19. Tralfaz says

Terry – Please don’t visit his site. That’s what he wants. The whole thing is a PR stunt.

I hope his ass gets arrested for filing a false police report.

20. Chicago Jeff says

Can Perez Hilton please go away? This drama queen is not exactly our best representation. In fact, he is quite counter productive and going to torpedo every issue he gets a chance to target.

21. says

Try to set aside your feelings toward Perez and what he says and does and just examine this. You’re saying that if someone is obnoxious and provocative they deserve to get punched and you wish more would happen and he should just shut the hell up?

That is EXACTLY what homophobes say in anti-gay assaults. They had it coming, they should hide who they are and be less out-there.

The personality of the person attacked should not enter into it.

Did he call Will.I.Am a faggot? Yes, by his own admission. I consider that BIZARRE to say the least. But what about Will.I.Am? He’s so pissy about people writing critical things about his precious Fergie and his precious music and feels he has the right to go up to someone and demand that they not write about him anymore? That’s pompous and entitled beyond belief.

The person who hit Perez was not, in fact, a fan. It was Polo Molina, the general manager of the Black Eyed Peas. So Will.I.Am lied to disassociate himself from violence he clearly instigated.

Perez may do some douchey stuff and he may be wrong occasionally (famously, about the “late” Fidel Castro), but he’s not lying about what happened, that’s clear. And anything who’s thinking “great, glad he got hurt” deserves the same right back at them.

(PS Totally separately, I think someone should talk with Perez about his being so against bullying and yet bullying others. Not adults—though they get it, too—but his occasional bullying of kids. He seems to be pretty sensitive to this sort of thing and I think his site could survive without it. Also, I continue to see him as a great gay-rights advocate—he’s always posting about gay issues, and if people use that messenger as an excuse to be against his pro-gay message, they’re homophobes anyway.)

22. Maverick69 says

This Queen thinks she had the power to bring people down and ruin them. That’s what this is all about. Her ego has been the size of her head from day one. It’s why I don’t visit her site.

23. BigSteven says

I love Perez Hilton, he has done so much good to the gay community, he has given us visibility world-wide, and inspired many to fight for our rights. He is a good person and I support him 100%.

24. says

Perez Hilton, a gay rights advocate? I hope the general public doesn’t see him in that light. If they do, we’re fucked.

Daniel Choi, Michelangelo Signorile, and ordinary gay Americans who are out, work hard, pay taxes, and contribute to their communities – those are gay advocates. PH is just a gittersnipe.

25. well-informed-gay says

The manager of the Black-eye-peas was arrested. Perez is telling the truth !!! Besides, like he said, violence is never the answer. Also, I am against intimidating journalists, so I have to side with Perez automatically.

26. David says

I don’t want to defend Perez Hilton, but Toronto’s 911 dispatch doesn’t have a great track record.. I’ve personally experienced their poor service before, so I understand why PH would get frustrated and tweet for help getting people there to file a police report.

And I have to point out to all of you with negative comments about PH that even if Perez Hilton was the verbal aggressor (and he normally is the shit starter), he shouldn’t have been physically assaulted.

27. paul c says

Perez Hilton spreads homphobia and has done so for years. He’s neither funny nor intelligent. He’s a parasite on society.

Will.i.am. is a great guy — he’s a very talented artist, a gentleman and a true humanitarian.

The fact that this site links to Perez Hilton’s is sad and cynical.

28. Rad says

TORONTO – Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton says he got a black eye from the manager of the Black Eyed Peas.

Hilton says he got into argument with Fergie and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas at a Toronto nightclub early Monday morning and was punched outside the club by Polo Molina, the band’s manager.

Toronto Police Constable Tony Vella says Molina turned himself in and has been charged with assault

Hilton tweeted shortly after being punched, claiming in a 4 a.m. posting that: “I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke.”

Hilton, whose name is real is Mario Lavandeira, said in interview with The Associated Press that he argued with will.i.am after the musician told Hilton not to write about his band on his Web site.

29. bryanD says

Perez Hilton isn’t famous, he’s infamous. He’s also scum and a disgrace to the gay community. He’s despicable. I certainly don’t advocate violence but when one is as purposely provocative as Perez regularly is – I’m not surprised nor do I feel sorry for this twit. The bitch reaps what he sows…

Of course, In LA they think that if you do charity work, that somehow makes you not an asshole…

30. Tralfaz says

I for one don’t by any of this shit. Ironic that right have Piglet got his ass called on the carpet for the pics of Dustin Lance Black … THIS HAPPENS?? Ahhhhh!
    “Feel sorry for me. I’m a VICTIM of a HATE CRIME. Love me Gay people! I’m one of YOU!!”

As a poster said above Toronto doesn’t have a great record to 911 calls. That’s probably true. I’ve never been there but sounds like this person does.

BUT … if you’re in your HOTEL after you’ve been “attacked” you don’t sit your fat ass down at your computer and Twitter your little “twit” fans and the whole world to see. You call the fucking security at your hotel for help if you’re not getting a responce from the cops!

This whole thing is a pile of bullshit for the attention whore.

DEAL WITH IT KIDS!! This fucker is not a “victim”. He’s self centered, arrogant cow that probably cooked this whole thing up.

The boy that cried wolf?

More like the hog that cried “LOOK AT ME”!!!

And you to mental midgets that look up to this sack of shit as some sort of gay activist hero ….. get a fucking clue!

Harvey Milk was a hero. The closest thing to a hero Perez Hilton will be is when he shoves a hero sandwich into his fat mouth.

31. Clem says

Perez has done good things for the gay community BigSteven? You mean by posting those photos of Dustin Lance Black and outing B list and lower stars who at least have the decency to not beard, people like NPH and Wentworth Miller? Like posting pictures of Adam Lambert and his possible boyfriend the day before the final round of America Idol? By protecting the bigger stars who are flaunting their beards for publicty and to prove how “straight” they are, like Jake Gyllenhaal–Perez even took down his older posts about Gyllenho after pr clearly put him on their payroll.

I really wish the gay press would expose him for what he is, a self-loathing queen who encourages his readers’ homophobia.

32. Tralfaz says

@ “Well Informed Gay” — if you think Lard Lad is a journalist you need to have Matthew drop you off to have a cat scan of your head on his way to get his eyes checked.

33. Sharon says

Oh Boo Hoo! So we are supposed to feel sorry for this piece of human garbage?????? Perez is an embarrassment to the gay community. Oh but wait, he’s gay and as fellow pink sheep we are supposed to kiss his ass and support him in his filth. Yeah right! He got what he deserved. He is lucky it has not happened before this!

34. josh says

FUCK PEREZ HILTON! Every single day, he sits on his ass and bashes celebrities. He posted Dustin Lance Black, a brilliant gay writer, and tried to ruined his career. I have no respect for this troll, and he called Will.I.Am a “faggot” continuously? He is a masochist and an asshole… and he calls Fergie “Fuggie” on his blog that has 10 million viewers a day. I am siding with Black Eyed Peas. Perez started this and Twittered about it? He is infantile.

35. mike says

Perez Hilton itself claims he called the guy a “faggot”. So he got what he deserved. No, most of us are against violence, but you call somebody a “faggot” then you better be ready to back it up. Perez Hilton is a cretin and an embarrassment.

36. Tralfaz says

@ Go Sharon!!

And if those dumb ass sheep believe his .. they need to go take a trip to Cuba and visit Fidel Castro’s grave. Remember when he “broke” the news that Castro “died”?

37. Paranel says

Wow, the guy William or whatever looks like a real thug. Piece of trash. although not a fan of Perez Hilton , but I believe the story . Perez is always mean to certain celebs and kiss a certain few’s ass. That is not right.

38. Sandboy says

To all the haters in this website: go get a life, be productive, try to contribute more with to the advancement of the gay community. The envy is killing you. Perez has an amazing life, he is enjoying it, and also using his website to improve our lives as gay people. Perez is the best.

39. Mikey says

Perez is a creep (wether he was assulted or not)- he is NOT my spokesperson. He is NOT a gay activist – he is an activist for himself exclusively.

40. humble says

How can anyone believe this anal character. He pays people to be unruly on the entertainment sites, people who have done nothing to him but ignore his tactics. All he wants is attention he’s a sick puppy!!!

41. Kristoffer says

Does Perez ever think that his words on the net can be just as hurtful as punching someone in the face? Sorry, I see no difference in what he does daily as what happened here. He is no better than the person that hit him. Plus why tweet he needs help as opposed to calling the police himself? Media attention.

While this is kinda off subject…I work in a 911 and the last thing people need to start doing is tweeting they need the police at a certain place. I am sure that many people called 911 for this guy. This does nothing but jam up phone lines with many people calling to report the same thing – usually with very little information that the police need, since it’s third party. At any rate, don’t like Perez and don’t like Twitter either – maybe they will both go away.

42. gwyneth cornrow says

I don’t know what happened, but Will.i.am is definitely handling the situation better than Perez. I have much more respect for Will.i.am in this situation than Perez and am much more prone to believe him.