Alaska | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Palin's Messy Exit Speech: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

Sarah Palin's full resignation speech, above, is rambling. She sounds quite rattled, she attempts to pile more scorn on Blue Oasis blogger Linda Kellen Biegel for "maliciously desecrating" a photo of her son Trig and she even snarks about South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford's naughty "overseas international trade missions."

When will tickets be given away to the funeral for her political career?

Watch the whole thing. Then ponder this: Eight months ago, 45.7% of America's voters thought she'd make a heckuva veep.

The somewhat less wingnutty official press release is here.

Comments

1. Where is the crack pipe? You know she's speeding her ass off.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 3, 2009 5:19:54 PM

2. METH HEAD

Alaska is definitely the meth capitol. her speech was too fast, rambling, choppy, repetitive

--------------------------

One old time mccain repub consultant was on MSNBC and said it might just be because they are stupid. That her team "....do not have laser precision..." Probably thought it would be brilliant like the deaniac's dean scream but the rst of the nation = HELL NO!

Repubs are saying she is toast

Either scandal or total stupidity in thinking this would be brilliant (it isn't)

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jul 3, 2009 5:22:04 PM

3. She's been rumbled as a Satanist lesbian. Pictures at 11. Maybe.

Posted by: John C | Jul 3, 2009 5:26:19 PM

4. Absolute train wreck.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 3, 2009 5:26:53 PM

5. She should have completed term at least, by not doing so she has not kept faith with the voters.
    Something else is up here?

Posted by: Donald | Jul 3, 2009 5:34:29 PM

6. I love the ducks quacking in the background. Also, anyone else seem to think she was rushing through meaningless point after meaningless point? I wonder if Tina Fey will be back for this one?

Posted by: Dillon | Jul 3, 2009 5:49:46 PM

7. Has she been fucking Mark Sanford?

Has TODD been fucking Mark Sanford?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 3, 2009 5:55:55 PM

8. dillon

LOL

SNL is calling tina fey at this very moment to appear tomorrow night

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jul 3, 2009 5:57:19 PM

9. ....and just imagine, she might have been your vice-president. YIKES.

Posted by: excy | Jul 3, 2009 6:04:25 PM

10. Good ol Sarah, still a rambling mess! I'd like to think we've seen and heard the last of her but, somehow I don't think we'll be that lucky.

Posted by: Larry | Jul 3, 2009 6:06:36 PM

11. ok, so she's resigning to join a basketball team? wha?

Posted by: Lito S. | Jul 3, 2009 6:50:03 PM

12. Why do I have a feeling she is going to either be a radio talk show host, or FalseNews is going to put her on the air?

Posted by: Double N | Jul 3, 2009 7:19:34 PM

13. Sounds to me that Ms. Sarah landed herself one big paying lobbyist job. There really has to be a lot more to this story.

Posted by: Bob R | Jul 3, 2009 7:24:06 PM

14. There's a poll over at RedState.com, where they love her. First thing on page. Asking Why did SP resign. It leads off with "Had enough of the attacks on her and her family." But there are other, more likely, reasons. Head over there and vote.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 3, 2009 7:42:00 PM

15. I'm with everyone else in suspecting that something else is at play here. I was just listening to a strategist on NPR actually suggest that she the GOP might be grooming her to run in 2012 (not that I think she'd have a chance in hell), and now this? Puzzle me confused.

Her hopes of being on ANY sort of presidential ticket are now lost because she choose to abandon her post and disappointed the voters that elected her. Hmmm? Her confession that this move, her resignation, I presume, has been in the works for awhile now is very telling. So, instead of actually governing, she's been thinking of ways to get out of her political responsibilities?

The word scandal comes to mind. I can't wait until whatever dirty laundry she's hiding is aired. Though, I don't know how much more of a mockery she could be at this point.

Posted by: Leonard | Jul 3, 2009 7:42:29 PM

16. In other news, party at the Gingrich house. First round of drinks are on Tim Pawlenty and Mitt Romney!

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jul 3, 2009 7:57:31 PM

17. She spoke lots and said very little! despite telling us she had given us her reasons for stepping down again and again - what?

Is she is going to follow the British press and try to expose how much money is claimed on expenses?

She can do more outside government? Oh god, wasn't it was nasty enough when she was in? And the guy who is taking over will continue to do what? What she can't do anymore?

Is she going to try and throw that ball up through the hoop........for a change?

And, did she say something about....Alaska?

I loved her in Nailin' Palin and I will miss those great specs.

Posted by: Glynn | Jul 3, 2009 8:22:33 PM

18. "Say it ain't so Joe!"
    David Letterman must be ROFLMAO... and the Barracuda's timing... this is probably a desperate strategy to steal air time from MJs funeral news cycle.

Posted by: my2cents | Jul 3, 2009 9:07:41 PM

19. such a bullshit artist ... so her two choice are to quit or do a bad job ?

how about she stay on the job and keep working ... scum bag politician ... actually admits she would not work as she did not have a re-election to work for

knock knock.
    who is there?
    narcissistic personaility disorder

Posted by: willie | Jul 3, 2009 9:12:05 PM

20. ding dong!!

Posted by: Paul | Jul 3, 2009 9:12:12 PM

21. I wouldn't laugh just yet. She has a rabid following that will be hardened by this. I think she's up to no good and we will suffer for it later.

Keep an eye on her.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jul 3, 2009 9:22:04 PM

22. Someone dropped a house on her sister

Posted by: Cj | Jul 3, 2009 9:26:56 PM

23. She says she won't run for re-election, so she'd be a lame duck, and she doesn't want to subject her poor constituents to having to put up with a lame duck, so she's ducking out. But then she wants people to put her into the White House? At some point, she'd become a lame duck president, so is she indicating she'll quit as soon as she's re-elected to a second four-year term as president (I know, it ain't gonna happen, but if I'm just trying to follow her "logic"). Personally, I think there's a scandal about to hit the fan.

Posted by: jzipperer | Jul 3, 2009 9:30:22 PM

24. I think she's absolutely insane. Just a rambling, incoherent wingnut mess. No Sarah, we're not disappointed you're going - the sooner the better. And trust has never been an issue with me, I wouldn't trust you with any elected office!

Posted by: Andy | Jul 3, 2009 9:37:10 PM

25. One word, one syllable... What?

Posted by: Craig | Jul 3, 2009 9:52:38 PM