Brad Pitt | Gay Marriage | George Clooney | News

Brad Pitt Won't Give Up on Outing George Clooney

Pitt_clooney

In September 2006, Brad Pitt told Esquire that he'd consider marrying Angelina Jolie "when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able." He recently clarified that statement to People and referred to his toe-tapping friend George Clooney.

Said Pitt: "Angie and I will not be getting married until George and his partner can legally do so."

Comments

1. Well, if he wants to get married, first he'll have to propose to me. I'm waiting, George.

Posted by: David D. | Aug 14, 2009 10:46:59 AM

2. Nothing to do with anything, but lately the site has been loading much faster, so if you made some changes, thanks, they worked.

Posted by: David | Aug 14, 2009 10:52:19 AM

3. LOL I actually have grown to like Brad Pitt. For all the b.s. that is Hollyweird, he still seems to keep his boyish charm and humor and stay grounded.

Posted by: CJ | Aug 14, 2009 11:07:41 AM

4. And clearly Pitt makes these jokes with the full approval of Clooney. So he's either actually gay or genuinely doesn't care. For some reason, Clooney carries off this ambiguity better than anyone else. Why is that? Just because he's handsome? It's got to be more than that.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Aug 14, 2009 11:12:45 AM

5. Brad Pitt is a gift to humanity in basically every possible way. I generally hate hollywood actors, but credit where it's due...

Posted by: Pender | Aug 14, 2009 11:13:47 AM

6. Republicans used Reagan, Schwarzenegger, and Eastwood very effectively. Why can't the Democrats do something bold for once and nominate Pitt for a public office? Why do they always have to be the lame, chicken party?

Pitt attended the DNC in 2004 and 2008. He has a fairly good - for a celebrity - understanding of political issues. And he's clearly very comfortable in Washington circles. Pelosi was practically drooling all over herself when Pitt did that Katrina conference call with her.

Posted by: John | Aug 14, 2009 11:31:53 AM

7. George -- call me!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 14, 2009 11:34:10 AM

8. The best defense is a strong offense. For those in the know this is no joke, just the truth. Clooney and his other half have shared a house on Lake Como for years. While I appreciate their politics, at what point does someone have enough money? It's time George Clooney did the right thing.

Posted by: Jonathan | Aug 14, 2009 11:41:09 AM

9. I had a crush on George when he appeared as the handyman in several "Facts of Life" episodes ... atrocious 80s hair and all !

Posted by: sparks | Aug 14, 2009 12:04:25 PM

10. It's true, he keeps his guy in Lake Como and gets his friends in the Italian media to publish fake rumors about him and anonymous non-existent women. He's the Rock Hudson of our time (sans AIDS, we hope). Jonathan, I don't think he keeps it up for the money, I think he genuinely likes his work.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 14, 2009 12:10:41 PM

11. Brad Pitt is da booooooomb!

Posted by: roger ramjet | Aug 14, 2009 12:28:34 PM

12. While they were filming "Ocean's 12", Brad Pitt put out a memo to all crew members stating that they only address George Clooney as his character's name 'Danny Ocean' or 'Mr. Ocean'. Eventually Clooney found out about this and got back at Pitt by putting bumper stickers on the back of his car that read "I'm gay and I vote" and "Small penis on board". On the other hand, it is reasonably well known that Clooney is bisexual.

Posted by: Donovan | Aug 14, 2009 12:35:54 PM

13. Yeah I heard this at the end of the Brad Pitt interview. Of course, the media immediately self-censored after that.

Posted by: Landis | Aug 14, 2009 12:53:46 PM

14. Richard Kind, white courtesy phone please.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 14, 2009 1:16:09 PM

15. seen Clooney speeding in the Valley with a boy in the passenger seat at all times of the day and night to be explainable. Even my straight girlfriends here know the truth. Now that he directs, would it really hurt his career to come out? Whatever...

Posted by: David B. 2 | Aug 14, 2009 1:49:25 PM

16. George is just too witty, not to be gay. Love him.

Posted by: jkfromcinctyjgg5 | Aug 14, 2009 2:25:28 PM

17. I've heard about this for quite some time, Jonathan. Do you know with whom is he sharing a house with?

Posted by: Marcus | Aug 14, 2009 3:42:26 PM

18. A new twist! Get a pal to out you! Saves some wear and tear on the nerves. Yep, he's gay...or bi. So what? He also likes practical jokes and it makes sense he would play cat and mouse with this issue.Come on out, George. The water's fine.

Posted by: Thom | Aug 14, 2009 3:43:37 PM

19. Brad Pitt is one of the coolest guys on the planet second to Hughe Hefner (idk if he's cool or has down syndrome) either way Brad Pitt is an ass kicker on the silver screen and i will continue watching every movie he comes out with until he dies and is crowned coolest guy ever, and its sweet that he is doing a Quentin Tarrintino flick he is also a badass put those two together and you get inglorious badasses. (pun intended)

Posted by: jaseone | Aug 14, 2009 5:07:36 PM

20. I won't give up either. I had my chance with George in SoBe several years ago, he was all hot and sweaty after a run on Ocean Drive and I was standing right next to him at a stop light. I'll never forget his long, hard stare that made me start sweating. It was a hot, humid day in Miami Beach and I was frozen, didn't know what to say or do.

Posted by: starf*cker | Aug 14, 2009 9:07:56 PM

21. George is gay??...seriously???...i dont believe it coz he's been in multiple heterosexual relationships n he's give out the vibe of a true "ladies'man"

Posted by: sella | Aug 15, 2009 1:22:30 AM

22. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Clooney is gay, but if he's not and this is some joke about the possibility of being gay, it's stupid. I realize that Pitt is about as great as it gets in terms of accepting, outspoken stars, but if he and Clooney are going around using "gay" as a joke...it's not funny.

I say that because, were it true, I doubt Clooney would think it funny that Pitt would be doing damage to his career. And if this is how Hollywood tests the waters of outing celebrities, that's lame too.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 15, 2009 2:18:19 AM

23. It's not a joke, and it's done with Clooney's blessing. Clooney has never denied being gay and has never asked his friends to lie for him. Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt have all, both casually and quite pointedly, referred to Clooney's gayness. When asked if he was "gay, gay, gay" as some gossip columnist suggested, Clooney said (and I'm paraphrasing) no, he was just "gay, gay", the third gay was an exaggeration".

Posted by: DanJoaquinOz | Aug 15, 2009 3:47:17 AM

24. Clooney & Pitt are the ones that are involved in a relationship. How naive can people be?

Posted by: Shemp Lugosi | Aug 15, 2009 7:06:21 AM

25. i don't care if clooney is gay or bi. brad pitt, however, is all kinds of wonderful.

Posted by: nic | Aug 17, 2009 6:42:03 AM