Chelsea Handler | GLAAD | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chelsea Handler Miffed at GLAAD: 'We've Hit a Homo Run'

Chelsea

Chelsea Handler is miffed that GLAAD left her program, Chelsea Lately, out of its latest Network Responsibility Index.

Said Handler: "Like it or not, this is the face of Chelsea Lately. I'll be expecting an apology, which I assume will be on some hermaphrodite's stationery."

Her message to the organization, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Stupid cunt. Gay folks don't exist for entertainment purposes.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Aug 3, 2009 9:32:18 AM

2. Chelsea Handler's definitely the most funny person on TV right now and she's a huge friend of the gay community. What's not to love?

Posted by: Keegan | Aug 3, 2009 9:44:25 AM

3. not a nice comment Johninmanhattan....chelsea is a very gay affirming comedian...sure she jokes alot - but about EVERYONE.....

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Aug 3, 2009 10:15:07 AM

4. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be removing 'E' from my program guide. What a completely unfunny two minutes.

"...hermaphrodite's stationery." Yeah, that is SO hilarious.

Posted by: David in Houston | Aug 3, 2009 10:17:05 AM

5. Johninmanhattan needs a hug. Rough weekend, lover?

Posted by: GM | Aug 3, 2009 10:19:18 AM

6. Chelsea is hilarious. She was a huge hit as grand marshall of the LA Pride parade this year, frequently discusses gay issues, and often includes out individuals in her nightly panel discussion on her show.

Speaks more of GLADD than Chelsea not to include her.

Posted by: Rolph | Aug 3, 2009 10:25:38 AM

7. Love her. Got both her books & there were times I would laugh out loud reading it in public. Too bad some people just don't have a sense of humor.

Posted by: scar2 | Aug 3, 2009 10:44:39 AM

8. I love Chelsea. Her humour may be a little course, however, she fairly hits everyone over the head with their own foibles. One of my favorite comics (after Cho, of course).

Posted by: M. Barber | Aug 3, 2009 11:04:11 AM

9. My first thought was WHO? Haven't heard of her.

Posted by: kujhawker | Aug 3, 2009 11:34:43 AM

10. Who is the cute guy with the jean shorts?!

Posted by: Brent | Aug 3, 2009 11:42:21 AM

11. Grand Marshall of LA Pride?

Thank you for reminding me why I don't schlep off to LA for their Pride festival. I mean, who? Where there no people who were part of the community and our successes available?

Pride needs to be not about media obsessions but about the continuing fight for equality. Our Grand Marshalls should be people who promote our rights, not people who are promoting themselves.

Let's send Ms. Handler and her ilk a note that in future Prides, we'll be celebrating our own.

Posted by: John D | Aug 3, 2009 12:59:34 PM

12. We need firewood over here for our big Pride Bonfire.. Could someone grab the sticks out of John D, John in Manhattan and David in Houston's collective asses?

Posted by: Chuck | Aug 3, 2009 1:24:10 PM

13. I'm really surprised that E! was left off the list completely. It will be interesting to see how/if GLAAD responds.

Posted by: Bryan | Aug 3, 2009 1:31:23 PM

14. Unfortunately most of the people she gets on that show are HORRIBLY unfunny, dull and talentless...especially the gay ones. She and her guests don't just make gays look bad, they make people look bad as a species, so it's basically a wash.

I did laugh when she said Glaaaaad though.

Posted by: paul c | Aug 3, 2009 1:41:59 PM

15. I laughed. It was kinda one noted, however. Come on gays, we have to have a sense of humor. Everyone else gets shitted on, we got to accept some shit on ourselves sometimes too. Ok, now I have this really bad scat image in my head.

Posted by: Robert | Aug 3, 2009 2:22:46 PM

16. Whether you think she is funny or not...if you watch her show you would know that she is a major champion in the continuing fight for equality. She is very vocal on marriage equality and mocks the stupidity of Prop 8. She almost daily has gay and lesbian's on her guest panel. At the end of the day she is a comedian doing a comedy show and trust me she takes jabs at everybody! Go Chelsea!

Posted by: Jake | Aug 3, 2009 2:26:32 PM

17. I love her!!! She is amazing and the jabs at GLAAAAAD are deserved.

Johninmanhattan(and you other douchebags), go stick your misogynistic heads back up your ass where it belongs. Oh, and maybe get some semblance of a sense of humor!

Posted by: Mr. E | Aug 3, 2009 2:47:14 PM

18. Whatever.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 3, 2009 3:44:58 PM

19. LMAO Chelsey! Right on! GLADD has been completely irrelevant for years now.

Posted by: SB | Aug 3, 2009 3:59:42 PM

20. Wow John, are you just getting over something? Hope you feel better soon.

And for those who don't want Chelsea at your Pride, PLEASE send her to Vegas!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 3, 2009 4:49:43 PM

21. I heart Chelsea.

Posted by: Rob | Aug 3, 2009 4:53:01 PM

22. This was actually a very funny skit infused with some real truth. I laughed and enjoyed it.

Posted by: Drew | Aug 3, 2009 6:11:35 PM

23. Chelsea Handler's humor can be completely off-putting until you realize that she is dry, dry, dry. You also have to know that she is an equal opportunity offender. But make no mistake, Chelsea Handler is a friend to the gay community. As someone else pointed out, she was grand marshall of the L.A. Pride Parade this year. She also spoke out against Prop 8 on her show. Look past the surface, and you'll see that Chelsea Handler is laughing at GLAAD, not the gay community.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 3, 2009 6:34:36 PM

24. I wouldn't call her a "champion" for gay rights... yeah she shit-talks everyone, but does that make it excusable? I actually liked her until she became totally self-righteous and full of unnecessary judgment. It happened right after she started fucking the president of E! and got her program slot moved to an earlier time.

End her 15 minutes already.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 3, 2009 7:24:20 PM

25. Is she losing her voice or smoking six packs a day? She's always been raspy, but still.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 3, 2009 7:39:19 PM