Dance | News | Reality TV | Tom DeLay

GOP Crook Tom DeLay Thrusts Hips on Dancing with the Stars

Tomdelay

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay had his first outing on Dancing with the Stars last night. LOL at the hip thrusts.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And an ABC News interview:

Comments

1. I couldn't watch that scumbag,Id wanna vomit....why he is on TV and NOT in Jail ???

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 22, 2009 10:19:03 AM

2. You are crazier than Sarah Palin !!!!

Funny.

The rest disgusting old thug --- but there was a day when a racist southern thug would not get a facelift, veneers, and dirty dance with a non-white woman on National TV.

America we have come so far.
    We should be proud.

Posted by: walter | Sep 22, 2009 10:30:56 AM

3. as Carrie Ann says, he has a way about him, it's called creepy, particularly when he pointed at Bruno "video vixen from Elton John's 1983 I'm Still Standing" Tonioli. Also, Donny's a worse dancer than Marie.

Posted by: cd | Sep 22, 2009 10:36:20 AM

4. What a douche bag. He should be thrusting his hips in the mens prison showers.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Sep 22, 2009 10:44:10 AM

5. No report on opening night of the Metropolitan Opera?

Posted by: Chester | Sep 22, 2009 10:58:23 AM

6. Strange. Weird. Disgusting. I will give him an incredibly small kudos for being a stick up the ass Republican that who is doing something outside of his staunchy white southern (blah blah blah) self.

Posted by: SF_Scottie | Sep 22, 2009 11:04:46 AM

7. I think I barfed a little. Why is the vicious thug on TV?

Posted by: Mario | Sep 22, 2009 11:33:31 AM

8. I refuse to spend even a millisecond watching this putrid scumbag try to rehabilitate his TRUE image and appear to be a 'fun loving good ole boy.' The truth is so far from that that even the 'fantasy' of this show can't remove the stench.

Plus, I just hate that show....

Posted by: princely54 | Sep 22, 2009 11:40:00 AM

9. My Eyes! It's like a car wreck... you don't want to watch but you can't take your eyes off it.

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 22, 2009 11:47:44 AM

10. HOW DARE THE MAN WEAR A TEXAS A&M SHIRT!!!!

He was expelled from Baylor when caught painting an A&M building green & gold. He should have known then that he wasn't a very good criminal.

Posted by: AggieCowboy | Sep 22, 2009 11:59:06 AM

11. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I've never had that reaction before.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Sep 22, 2009 12:16:17 PM

12. Now look closely: does he have a wide stance ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 22, 2009 12:24:02 PM

13. :(

Posted by: steve | Sep 22, 2009 12:44:57 PM

14. I refuse to watch that show and told the producers so -- and why.

What I now want to know is WHY the hell you're giving this son-of-a-bitch more publicity?

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Sep 22, 2009 1:08:35 PM

15. Why do you bother covering this. It is not news, it has nothing to do with GLBTQ interests, and Tom Delay does not deserve the space it took to include him in the blog. I really just do not understand your need to report on this. I am so fed up with non-news, news on "newscasts", and though I do not hold Towleroad to the same standard, I would hope you make better choices than this. It is truly offensive.

Posted by: Critifur | Sep 22, 2009 1:40:55 PM

16. I'm so bitter that this douchebag's been paired with Cheryl Burke. She's a wonderful dancer and choreographer -- and a 2-time DWTS champion. She'll be out together with Mr. LAME-O soon enough. Not. Fair.

Posted by: Julius | Sep 22, 2009 4:33:53 PM

17. I find it really ironic, or cynical, that Dancing with the Stars had one of the largest floats in the NY Pride Parade (with Cheryl on the float) and then followed it up by having DeLay, not only a shamed and corrupt politician, but also one that has been no friend to the GLBT community, on the show!

Posted by: Mike M. | Sep 22, 2009 7:21:09 PM