Joe Wilson | News | Republican Party

Joe Wilson Makes a Plea

Wilson

"In other words, I'm scared shitless of the $700,000+ my opponent has raised since I called the President a liar in front of the whole country."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is disgraceful. This man has no class at all.

Posted by: elcamino | Sep 11, 2009 9:07:45 AM

2. I do not accept his apology.

Posted by: Bob West | Sep 11, 2009 9:07:54 AM

3. That was a TERRIBLE apology! He did nothing but make excuses and he read the entire thing badly!

Posted by: frank | Sep 11, 2009 9:18:12 AM

4. the misinformed spreading misinformation. spreading the message that special interest groups are feeding them. well joe, my special interest group is the liberal, democratic, "sick and tired of it" population.

the american people are tired joe. wake up.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 11, 2009 9:19:37 AM

5. wow. this guy needs to go. creepy.

Posted by: kody | Sep 11, 2009 9:19:40 AM

6. I think he needs more training to read an autocue properly. His delivery is stilted and insincere.

Posted by: Midland | Sep 11, 2009 9:23:09 AM

7. Of course Obama is a liar. As are all politicians. Why the uproar?

Posted by: Joe | Sep 11, 2009 9:28:18 AM

8. trashy.

Posted by: ben | Sep 11, 2009 9:42:05 AM

9. Wow, that's just plain funny to watch. I couldn't even concentrate on his sad efforts to excuse and then promote himself, I was so busy watching his eyes dart back and forth as he read from the teleprompter. Not sure how he ever got elected if that is his best attempt at public speaking.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 11, 2009 9:42:29 AM

10. I think it would be a bad idea to go to his website and type in "fuck you" as your donation. It would be another bad idea to mail a dog terd to the donation mailing address on his website.

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Sep 11, 2009 9:48:29 AM

11. He reads a touch gay to me.

Posted by: sam | Sep 11, 2009 9:59:32 AM

12. I'm not watching the video...what this man has to say ...it isnt good enough for me or of any interest. HE IS TRASH

Posted by: Bosie | Sep 11, 2009 9:59:58 AM

13. Where is your sense of decorum ? Resign now !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 11, 2009 10:15:48 AM

14. I'm afraid just repeating your republican racist lies about health care for illegals (brown people) does not amount to an apology. "I choose life...." Well so do I, but not to endure your naked bigotry disguised as caring for Health Care Reform. We all know what you are; a southern racist confederate supporting asshole.....you are disgraced forever.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 11, 2009 10:21:07 AM

15. Love watching politicians squirm! It is time to move all current politicians out of washington.

Posted by: clint | Sep 11, 2009 10:38:25 AM

16. He's gay. Totally.

Posted by: LD | Sep 11, 2009 10:51:55 AM

17. I'm so glad we have soothsayers, truth tellers like Joe to protect us from liars. We can count on Joe the Yeller!

Republicans truly are representative of their constituency, the same people that have been disrupting peaceful, town hall assemblies. It's all the sound of a crumbling political party, much like the sound of a glacier melting and falling apart into the ocean.

Posted by: Baby Jane | Sep 11, 2009 10:52:01 AM

18. Whimp! Come one, Joe, you're being held as a "hero" by many Republicans....at least stand by your words, ya little b*tch!

Posted by: Windy | Sep 11, 2009 10:55:41 AM

19. Is he using "illegal immigrants" as a code word for hispanic americans? or even african americans?

Posted by: simon | Sep 11, 2009 10:57:49 AM

20. he should be flogged, like all sick self-hating gays in the GOP,
    totally vile.

when I hear the word Republican, thats when I reach for my
    revolver.

Posted by: mike nyc | Sep 11, 2009 10:58:43 AM

21. Calling the prime-minister a liar in Canadian parliament is almost daily occurrence.

Posted by: Patrick | Sep 11, 2009 11:04:54 AM

22. he thinks people above the mason-dixon are immigrants. if you listen carefully, you can hear the theme from Deliverance. And he's proof that ebonics is not a great method of teaching.

Jokes aside, his failure to even acknowledge that Obama was NOT lying about that issue is contemptible. Forget apologies. Willfully spreading misinformation and partisan, baseless accusations to thwart ANY healthcare initiatives is shameful.

YOU LIE, JOE WILSON!

Posted by: David Craig | Sep 11, 2009 11:16:35 AM

23. To me, the word "illegals" is just as offensive as the word "coloreds." It has such a negative connotation and makes people who come here in search of a better life sound like criminals hell bent on destroying America.

Posted by: Mike E. Perez | Sep 11, 2009 11:27:32 AM

24. And he just keeps repeating the the same untruths about what's in the health care bill... I guess he can't help himself, the a lying bag of cr*p.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 11, 2009 11:40:29 AM

25. I am surprised and pleased to see Mr. Wilson demonstrate some pretty good reading in this video! Sincere, indeed.

Posted by: Clayton | Sep 11, 2009 11:50:58 AM