Basketball | I'm Not Gay | News | Stephon Marbury

Watch: NBA Free Agent Stephon Marbury Denies He's Gay, Shows Off Painted Toenails

Marbury1

You may remember a post I did in April about NBA free agent Stephon Marbury, who was being mocked by other players because of a "gay" YouTube video in which he sobs and is consoled by an unidentified male friend.

Now, Marbury has again taken to YouTube to deny he's gay. It's also the first gay denial video I've seen in which the guy denying the gay rumors shows off painted toenails studded in rhinestones.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Marbury2

Comments

1. "you think I'm gay? leave me alone with your girl for an hour"

Yes Stephon, because it will take you about an hour to negotiate how much to make the "hush money" check out for. smdh.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Sep 10, 2009 12:48:35 PM

2. Oh Miss Thing! You're as straight as Tyler Perry.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 10, 2009 1:06:23 PM

3. I think he's a famewhore, not Gay. OR, he's trying to get traded. OR, he likes to be called Michelle on weekends. BUT, he aint Gay.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Sep 10, 2009 1:07:11 PM

4. The next Dennis Rodman?

Posted by: Smartypants | Sep 10, 2009 1:08:00 PM

5. I saw him a couple of times at my nail place a number of years ago getting his mani/pedis. His wife used the place, too, and he brought his daughters there. I never thought he was gay, just narcissistic.

Posted by: Myra | Sep 10, 2009 1:52:45 PM

6. Right --- he said he is not gay, but did not say he is not queer or bi.

Not sure about the bi thing === but queer he is.

Posted by: walter | Sep 10, 2009 2:17:53 PM

7. He is f-ing obnoxious --- just like the guys in the Fire Island Miiley video.

Straight or Gay immaturity is not attractive.

Posted by: walter | Sep 10, 2009 2:19:36 PM

8. This poor guy has seemed to be going through a meltdown for a while now. I know his brother was around because he was in some of Marbury's videos (and he's extremely hot, btw) so I hope his family is helping him through whatever's really going on.

Posted by: paul c | Sep 10, 2009 2:20:13 PM

9. One last bottom-line --- the NBA really needs to stop hiring from the gutter.

Posted by: walter | Sep 10, 2009 2:20:48 PM

10. I don't care. I'd rather have a Str8 guy pretending to be gay then another flamer hiding in plain site and expecting the community to keep his secrets.

Speaking of which - Where is this week Towleroad rimjob for 'undeclared' Michael Urie? Or are we still holding Charles Perez' hand through his 'discriminatory' firing by an actual out gay man?

Posted by: OttoErotica | Sep 10, 2009 3:32:55 PM

11. I don't understand how wealthy celebrities are allowed to have public meltdowns like this. Where are their agents and managers?

This behavior would be self-destructive in any field, but in professional sports it's a career killer.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 10, 2009 3:36:46 PM

12. Ok, let's get fucking real. Straight dudes do NOT go out on gab-fests, make YouTube videos of themselves and/or get their damn toenails painted/Bedazzled.

Seriously. You all know at least one straight man pretty closely, right? I certainly do and talking, YouTubing or painting nails is something that straight men don't even comprehend.

This isn't "everyone's gay because I'm gay" syndrome, it's just the truth about straight men.

Posted by: Drew | Sep 10, 2009 11:56:59 PM

13. I usually opt for the clear polish after a pedi, and even think that's TOO GAY (why don't they have butch metallic shades for men), and I'm a homo!

Posted by: Tyler C | Sep 11, 2009 3:28:12 AM

14. drew, i think you're kind of out of touch with modern day society. youtube isn't a gay thing. talking isn't a gay thing. having painted/bedazzled nails isn't a gay thing...or a straight thing.

i dunno if this guy is gay or straight, but nowadays i don't think you can use these things to say one way or the other...

Posted by: eric | Sep 11, 2009 4:14:10 AM

15. Somebody wants a VH1 reality show..

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Sep 11, 2009 5:23:47 AM