Bevan Dufty | Buju Banton | Jamaica | News

Buju Banton: 'There is No End to the War Between Me and Faggot'

Banton

Despite having met with a group of gay leaders and activists this week, Jamaican 'murder music' singer Buju Banton says his attitude toward gays has not changed:

"This is a fight, and as I said in one of my songs 'there is no end to the war between me and faggot' and it's clear. The same night after I met with them (gay associates), they pepper-sprayed the concert. So what are you trying to tell me? I owe dem nothing, they don't owe I nothing."

Bnton He said he only met with them because Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who is running for San Francisco Mayor, asked him to:

"It is not about boxing food out my mouth, if a that I would have surrendered to the system a long time ago. The mayor of San Francisco, or the mayor-to-be, claimed that I was in his district and that it was imperative for him and his organisation to meet with me to further see what kind of personality or character (I have)."

Banton said he will continue on despite cancellations, which he added aren't hurting him: "I have two-and-a-half more weeks and let me tell you this, if a show has been cancelled or postponed by this group of people, it has been picked up and replaced in another venue. Let the struggle continue. Pray for I, don't cry for I."

Banton's L.A. show, which was initially cancelled, was rebooked on the DL. A protest was reportedly held in front of the Cabana Club last night.

Comments

1. TO ALL HOMOSEXUALS & LESBIANS:

The US Government is skilled at setting up black men who stand for right.

The US Government set up another Jamaican named Marcus Mosiah Garvey who was charged with mail fraud, in order to prevent Garvey's "Back to Africa Movement" from succeeding.

It is most likely that Gay Lobbyists and US Government conspired to entrap Mark Myrie a.k.a Buju Banton, as he's a thorn in the side of the Gay Community because he wont sing in support of Gays.

Posted by: AllTruth1 | Jan 14, 2010 6:54:44 PM

2. TO ALL HOMOSEXUALS & LESBIANS:

Some Gays have been going around stating that Buju Banton was a "rent boy". To their statement, I say 'so what'.

Yeah, Jamaican men like Buju are very skilled with what The Most High endowed them which is a nice tool. Trust me I know. And, it is the sexual prowess of many Jamaican men that makes women from all over the world come to Jamaica to experience sexual pleasure from these talented brothers.

So, if Buju was as some Gays have stated a "rent boy" then I wholeheartedly believe that Buju use his sexual talent to please the tourist women and because there have been so many of these type of tourist women going to Jamaica over the years then Buju would have been able to get great monetary compensation from those tourist women.

Finally, Gays are trying to use every and any dirt that they can find on Buju to debase him but one of the lowest state-of-being on earth is being GAY.

Posted by: AllTruth1 | Jan 14, 2010 6:56:22 PM

3. WHY I SUPPORT BUJU AND JAMAICA ON THEIR STANCE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY

According to 2008 data from Jamaica:

32% of men who have sex with other men are HIV positive.

The largest infection rates are in the Gay Community.

Gays are pretending they're not gay so, they marry rapidly and have children rapidly to regularize themselves.

And, that's really a ticking bomb because this target group which has high levels of HIV infections are interacting with the general population and in doing so are either unintentionally or intentionally infecting the general population.

These facts in the form of data provided by officials in Jamaica show the extent to which Gays have affected the lives of the general population in Jamaica.

So, yes, the Government of Jamaica, health practitioners, educators and anyone in the business of disseminating information should collaboratively institute policy to educate gays in Jamaica about spreading HIV.

After instituting HIV policy for information to the Jamaican people then the government should institute more austere criminal penalities for Gays who live on the down-low and intentionally infect others with HIV.

In addition, Jamaicans should continue their opposition towards the practice of homosexuality but pragmatically, they can not stop homosexual thoughts and physical appearances; therefore, counseling should be offered to the Gay Community in Jamaica.

Posted by: AllTruth1 | Feb 18, 2010 9:50:24 AM

4. What an asshole.

Posted by: oto kiralama ankara | Mar 17, 2010 2:15:01 PM

5. THE GAY ORGANIZATION MADE IT CLEAR THAT THERE'S NO END TO THE WAR. WHAT THE HELL YOU CALL FIGHTING ONE ARTIST CAREER FOR OVER 17 YEARS. SO MANY HIPHOP ARTISTE HAVE SAID WORST THINGS,EVEN THE POPE CALLED HOMOSEXUALS UNGODLY AND NEITHER OF THEM HAS GOT THE SAME NEGATIVE ATTENTION THAT THESE GAY ORGANIZATIONS HAS GIVEN BUJU, A ARTIST WHO HAS A AIDS ORGANIZATION, THAT WELCOMES EVERYONE. BUJU IS AT WAR WITH THESE GROUPS, NOT WITH THE ENTIRE GAY POPULATION, YALL DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM.

Posted by: lauren miller | Apr 17, 2010 8:39:40 PM

6. it was a CONSPIRACY! you dont have any idea what kind of LIFE buju had, WHY he hates gay people - or wait, did your country (& fellow jamaicans) get raped in the ass (no matter if women, men or child) in front of you to BREAK YOUR SPIRIT AND HOPE? no? they didnt? well i guess then you CANNOT UNDERSTAND! BATTY FUCKIN' WRONG! FAGGOTS WRONG! MAN & MAN SHOULD NEVA EVA BE TOGEDDA!!! FREE BUJU! FREE UP DI GENERAL!

Posted by: SUPPORTREGGAE | Jun 25, 2011 11:26:08 AM

7. As far as i am concerned it is freedom of speech..if he doesn't like gays well thats his opinion..everyone is entitled to their own opinion...what about the racism and discrimination that goes on in America and around the world ,mainly toward people of African descent...if it really bothers gays so much, then maybe they should all get together and create their own country and live a gay and happy life their...

Posted by: Rose | Sep 2, 2012 11:30:53 AM

8. Wow, I guess they won't be touring in many areas around the US. Sounds like there's a lot of hate towards a group of people they don't know much about. It's really sad. http://emedjamaica.com/about-Emed-Jamaica.aspx

Posted by: Sam Gibson | Dec 18, 2013 6:57:33 PM