NFL Running Back Larry Johnson Hurls ‘Faggot’ Slur at Reporters

Kansas City Chiefsrunning back Larry Johnson is under fire for a string of homophobic slurs directed at members of the media and a Twitter user.

Outsports reports: Larryjohnson "When reporters entered the Chiefs locker room on Monday, Johnson said he was not answering any questions until Thursday. He then uttered this under his breath, according to radio station KCSP and Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star: 'Get your faggot asses out of here.'

Last night, when Johnson got into a Twitter spat with a fan, he called the fan a 'fag,' according to Yahoo Sports, which monitored the excha'nge: think bout a clever diss then that wit ur fag pic. Christopher street boy. Is what us east coast cats call u.'"

GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios called on the NFL to punish Johnson: ""All too often this is the word that is used to ridicule and harass young gay and transgender athletes on local sports fields across America.

Professional athletes who use this word need to be held accountable for feeding a climate of intolerance toward our community. NFL officials need to take action and condemn this and future uses of this anti-gay epithet."

Comments

1. Terry says

I could say that this is yet another ignorant football player and who fucking cares what some ignorant football player says. However, a couple of reasons why this is bad is: 1) it’s a disgusting example of homophobia and how it’s completely ingrained in professional sports 2) this says it all about how, unfortunately, it will take decades for a gay man to publically come out in professional football (or baseball or basketball). There will be a bit of outrage, this asshole will make some half-assed non-apology apology (“I’m sorry you were offended by my remarks”) and that will be that. Homophobia will continue to flourish in the National Football League.

2. KJ says

Don’t they sell custom NFL gear, now? What would be funny is Jarrett Barrios doing the press conference in a jersey with this moron’s number and “Faggot” printed across the back.

3. Coffee&Chicory says

so a few people will make a stink, he’ll apologize and everyone will forget about it and people will still continue to feel comfortable using the words faggot and queer when they think no one’s listening so they don’t sound hateful. fuck this.

4. Pitbull says

Larry Johnson has also been arrested four times for violence against women, and is on probation after pleading guilty to two counts. It seems he has trouble with dealing civilly and rationally with the entire spectrum of the human race.

5. Rabbit says

Is it time to boycott professional sports? Would it be effective?

College and professional sports pair with religion to spread hate across America. We’ve taken on religion. Next?

6. Chad says

As a Chiefs fan. I’m done with this guy. He had a couple of good seasons. But, he has been a malcontent since he got into the league. Not to mention his violence against women.

7. John in Boston says

LOL ! Does this SURPRISE anybody?

Our society, were the majority of people’s income and wages haven’t been keeping up with real inflation since the 70’s….where most people wouldn’t be able to support their lifestyle without credit and are in serious debt….the average person is still willing to help pay the outrageous salaries of athletes and entertainers. The average person, who is being screwed by ‘House-Rules’ left,right and center, is still willing to bailout to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars zombie banks and the corrupt financial services industry. The very same average person isn’t sure they are entitled to anything, such as healthcare at a reasonable cost, because it might be misconstrued as socialism.

Fucking sad state of affairs.

8. cameron says

What do you expect from a low life overpaid wanna be pig skin chaser. I guess it will be ok if us “fags” start calling him a low life “nigger”?

That piece of trash can keep any apology that he might be forced into giving out… I DON’T ACCEPT IT.

9. Christian Okoye says

You realize this is a guy that uses “nigga” at will and beat up his girlfriend? Some people are who they are. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think for everyone to suddenly enter fits of hysteria over this just makes gay people look like unrealistic whiny bitches. Sorry to be so blunt.

Fight the good fight, but also, pick your battles.

10. says

I don’t think race needs to brought up in this discussion. Sally Kern, Maggie Gallagher, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Rev. Pat Robertson, etc., all come to mind and none of them are black. Homophobia is not restricted to one race. Let’s put some perspective on it…the majority of sports professionals are overpaid (which is why ticket prices are so high), self-absorbed bigots for the most part…doesn’t matter what race they are.

11. Chris says

WOW Palto and Cameron…..If he can say faggot then you can call him a nigger…

Boy you queens know that your home training has followed you girls well. I can truly tell that nigger was always apart of your vocabulary

WOW..You white bitches better work. Then how come no ones gets angry when Gays call each other faggot, and cocksucker, etc to each other?

Oh I forgot it’s acceptable. You girls must be disciples of Dan Savage

DUMB ASS BASTARDS 2 WRONGS NEVER MAKE IT RIGHT.

12. Moose says

And to John in Boston….And your point is????? Us that are BORN AND BRED in NYC this is nothing new. So you say that to say what????

I’m really loving this anti-black sentiment going on here. Just not to long ago 2 hispanics almost killed a white gay man. And your anger was accordingly with savage, and names like that nothing eluding to race. Here a Black person made a inappropriate statement and we hear NIGGER!

This is really so not fab!

And this community is fighting for “equaity” But for who??????

With attitudes as such Black Gays need no enemies outside when they’re right here within.

FUCK EQUALITY IF YOU FOLKS SPEAK LIKE THIS MAY IT NEVER COME TO THIS COMMUNITY A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!

And YES I said it Bitches!
    So if the shoe fits…………………

You know the deal.

13. GrabbinNewscum says

Well you know because he is a black man and not a Mormon, the PC leftist apologists around here will excuse his homophobia.

After all, even though a majority of blacks in California voted to ban gay marriage, we must continue to find excuses for their homophobia.

The suggestion will probably be that its not anything about black culture per se but just an expression of their conservative religion.

So in that vein, let’s all pretend that this black guy is just very very extremely religious.

But of course we won’t ever protest black churches whose members voted overwhelmingly for Prop 8.

Enough pretzel-twisting PC logic for you.

14. John in Boston says

Yeah, whatever boss. I WAS BORN IN NYC AND PARTIALLY RAISED IN THE BRONX. BIG FUCKING DEAL.

My point is pointing out the fucking irony of a black dude making anti-gay comments referencing Christopher Street, WHICH IS AN OBSCURE REFERENCE to most gays or people in general.

15. Pekemo says

You know what Palto? Some of us “fags” also happen to be “niggers” also. Don’t forget that. The gay community is not some homogeneous composite of white people. And you wonder why the black community( or any other community of color in the US)doesn’t accept gays when the gays refuse to acknowledge the people of color in it? Racism and Homophobia don’t cancel each other out asshole. No one is excusing his homophobia GRABBINNEWSCUM.

And everyone knows that half the reason why no protests black churches is because they’re afraid they’re going to get their asses kicked. If you really were committed to the cause, then go protest a black church, no one is stopping you.

16. John in Boston says

And anyone saying really nasty, vicious anti-gay attitudes (being gay is a ‘white’ condition that pussy white ‘boys’ are) isn’t a commonly held and wide-spred belief among African Americans is profoundly full of shit. I GREW UP IN MINORITY MAJORITY URBAN NEIGHBORHOODS. Black folks and other ‘Minorities’ are not alien to me.

It’s primarily the result of the ‘Honor’ culture from the poor rural southern backgrounds of most African Americans, and the influence of black (and white) evangelical Protestant, Pentecostal and Baptist churches.

17. John in Boston says

It’s a commonly held belief white dudes are automatic ‘Pussies’ unless proven otherwise among urban black folks living in urban black neighborhoods.

AN openly gay black dude will be BRUTALLY beaten down and harassed, probably even worse than a white ‘fag’ because it’s an affront to black male masculinity as perceived in black American culture.

18. Davey says

John in Boston, I would call you an ignorant racist douche but I’m sure you’ve heard it before.

If you think the black community doesn’t know any black gays then you’re even dumber than I thought. 90 percent are in the church, and yes, they are aware that they are gay.

You know nothing about black culture despite having been raised in an urban setting…..you’re likely just bitter white trash.

19. Nathan says

Wow, what a mess these comments have become. Not very impressive, but predictable.

He will probably be punished in some way for what he did in the locker room. You can’t talk like that to the media, they are the ones bringing publicity to the team. They aren’t going to punish him for saying fag, and even if they did, it wouldn’t be a sincere apology. What is a damned fake apology worth?

We have to learn how to pick the right battles.

And for those of you who think this all gives you free reign to shoot off racial epithets: get your own house in order before expecting others to stop their hate speech. geez

20. Adrian says

As someone said on here: if I am a faggot he is a nigger!

And at that, an ignorant obsolete nigger, as I have no doubt that were “southeren cats” call it that they also don’t hesitate to kill and murder a faggot!

The NLF must punish this guy, by excluding him for life from ANY game, and apologies are NOT accepted!

21. chad says

Wow he is a lowlife scumbag but I’m sure a hero to his family. I think if faggot is ok nigger is ok. The black community as a whole has to be the most homophobic around and we shouldn’t pretend otherwise. The group that ties them in bigotry is republicans esecially in the south and mormons. But most mormons are repulbican too.

22. ger says

Man, the only thing more predictable than an athlete using the word fag as an insult is the fact that any story about a person of colour on Towleroad will result in every gay racist using it as an excuse to spew their hatred. It’s really kind of depressing.

23. John in Boston says

Fuck you Davy. Fuck you squared.

WTF? ‘Bitter’ white ‘trash’? Once again, FUCK YOU. YOU HAVE ZERO BUSINESS ACCUSING ANYONE ELSE OF IGNORANCE, RACISM OR BEING A DOUCHE. The whites in my community, city, state are responsible for the most truely progressive gay rights laws, including marriage/partnership rights, in the U.S. It’s also the site of the 1st government on Earth to outlaw all forms of slavery, hundreds of years before others. Even today, forms of slavery are still common practice in many parts of the world.

Don’t even waste your fucking time with calling me the R word and trying to get me to defend myself against charges of ‘Racism.’ Your barking up the wrong fucking tree boss, I’m not one of those goofy, gullible whiteys you like to intimidate and walk over. I’m not ‘Scared’ of black folks. I do know better, and again that shit doesn’t work with me.

EVERYTHING I said is 100% TRUE.

The traditional so-called black ‘Community’ in general is VERY anti-gay and that stupid word ‘homophobic.’ Not to mention as racist if not worse than those they complain about.

24. Moose says

OH FUCK OFF JOHN….JUST FUCK YOU! Your point is NO POINT….
    That’s the point!
    IDIOT!

And to GrabbinNewscum No one stopped you from protesting Black Churches…
    YOU JUST DIDN’T ASSHOLE

The bottom line is this Most black people supported Prop 8 MY ASS this was already defunked but when you have a dislike for a group IT DOESN’T MATTER.

And if you’re so mad to say us Blacks was given a pass for this.

Then answer this

Prop 102 in AZ was on their ballot as well as Prop 8 in California. And a large percentage of Hispancis voted for Prop 102 in AZ which OUTLAWS gay Marriage in that state….PERIOD. And it passed as well.

Are you going to talk about them with racial epithets???? FUCK NO
    YOU LIKE TO MUCH UNCUT DICK to do that.

So you won’t and you will give them a pass as this community has already. The bottom line with a lot of you is YOU DON’T LIKE BLACKS ANYWAY that’s why if any black person says anything negative. Our entire race is held responsible by some arrogant queens. Which proves your own prejudice.

OK, So you can kiss my ass!

25. John in Boston says

The fantasy world shit on these boards really pisses me off.

Gay bashing? Fuck that. In an (American) urban environment your biggest threat is being jumped by violent, predatory mostly minority youth. HANDS DOWN this is a much bigger real threat than a random gay bashing, for men/woman, boys/girls of any race or ethnicity.

People need to get their heads out of their ass.

26. Moose says

John in Boston

So bitch where did you move from Bensonhurst an anti-Black neighborhood to Dorchester another anti-Black neighborhood???

You dumb fuck and BTW don’t be scurred. Would you like to meet on Christopher St to settle this since you’re so fucking courageous and likes to fight. I’m down!!!Stupid ass queen you don’t scare nobody

And if most Blacks are homophobic which the fuck you don’t know most Blacks then your family was a part of Hitler’s Army and I don’t know your family.

We’re homophobic alright BITCH That’s why a 92% congress who is white won’t allow your faggot ass to have any rights incuding marriage.

There’s your REAL HOMOPHOBIA BITCH ASS FAGGOT!

WHAT?????

27. Chris says

Well John in Boston I’m 43 and never I have been jumped by violent, predatory mostly minority youth.

And it’s no different then the white men in Florida picking up little white girls molesting them and then killing them leaving their bodies in landfills. Or when the white kids of the midwest,and southern states getting granpa’s shotgun and shooting up the schools.

UMMMMM HUN CRIMES BEARS NO RACE TO IT!

OK, So stop with generalizing ok we know you don’t like black people you’ve proved it and we don’t care. And it’s perfectly fine.

28. John in Boston says

Racist? Why? All I said was the traditional so-called black ‘Community’ which revolves even today around traditional evangelical style churches, is notoriously and in reality, very anti-Gay. THAT’S FUCKING IT. IT’S 100% FUCKING TRUE.

I never said all black people are ‘Homophobic'; most of those (IMO) in traditional black evangelical churches and communities are. It’s a center-piece of evangelical teaching.

LOL I DO NOT ‘HATE’ black people. I don’t think I’m others superior by virtue of my race, gender, et al.,

You mother fuckers just aren’t use to brutally honest or contrary opinion especially on PC issues. I can’t fucking help it. Where I was raised nobody, white, Spanish, Asian, Black, whatever, was afraid to not speak their minds.

29. John in Boston says

CHRIS:

PLEASE trust me on this. It’s not my pet ‘Racist’ theory, it’s a FACT backed up by L.E., F.B.I. and D.O.J. data EASILY available online. Most big cities even post ‘Homicide’ maps in local newspapers.

ANY honest black, white, Latino, Asian, whatever the fuck, in a place like NYC will tell you most violent urban street crime (and by far most violent crime in America is urban; by far, most homicides, gun crime, et al., are urban based) is committed by ‘Minority’ youth/young men. IT’S JUST A SIMPLE FACT OF LIFE IN URBAN AMERICA. Cab drivers know it. Pizza and Chinese food delivery persons know it. Store owners and clerks know it. Little old ladies going to church know it. The cop on the street who has seen it all knows it.

I AM NOT ‘RACIST’ and don’t hate or even disrespect black people. You’ll notice I never used the N wqord. I’M JUST HONEST. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN OUR PC NAIVE WORLD FEAR HONESTY.

30. Davey says

Then you shouldn’t mind us speaking our minds, white trash….the point which maybe you’re not understanding because your inbred mother never taught you was that it’s the whites in power that are keeping gays in second class status. Do you not understand that? All the laws that have been passed that directly affect your trailer park life were passed by white people….also, do a search on this site and see how many white gays were bashed by white gays as opposed to by a minority..just type in UK and see what comes up….you are such a tool, it’s pathetic…you probably consider yourself somewhat intelligent, which just makes it worse….the reason you were likely raised in the bronxi is because you are the product of poor, uneducated whites who cling to looking down on and blaming blacks for whatver they don’t have because in white society, class rules…and you’re clearly on the white trash side of it….it’s not our fault John in Boston…blame your parents for not achieving more and giving you the life you felt you were entitled to. start there.

31. John in Boston says

Gee ‘Davy’, my life is fine. I’m a college grad ‘Davy.’ Unlike MOST (70% PLUS) black dudes and girls I had a married, stable, working mom and dad. They put 5 children through college. Don’t worry about me. Worry about the 70% plus number of black kids growing up with no dad in their home.

And ONCE AGAIN, in my community,city, state, gays have equal rights under the law, including partnership and marriage. Maybe not where you are, but where I am this is the reality.

I’m not British ‘Davy’ so I can’t speak for and am not responsible for things that occur in the UK. Assuming you are black and American, I don’t hold you responsible for things that occur in the African continent.

32. John in Boston says

I don’t think this is funny, I think it’s a tragedy and bad for everyone, not just the black or gay community.

33. Davey says

I guess my post did not post..so I’ll try again..

You are an idiot and a racist, John in Boston, because you think whipping out some statistic gives your racism credibility when it just points it out.

You like stats, then let’s whip out stats for hiv rates among young gays, meth abuse and alcoholism for gays, stats on std’s and promisicuity…y’know…so we can get an ACCURATE depiction of gay people…you won’t do that becuase it doesn’t support what you believe about gay people.

A statistic means nothing without insight to interpret it. Of course, you’ll allow for all kinds of factors to excuse gay behavior…the reason the black family has been destroyed has been based on the generations of racism in this country.

I don’t expect a scum racist like you to understand that….

and the point about the UK was to illustrate that most of the bashings are being done by whites. simple as that. Do a simple search and you will see that…but, like I said, you’d rather blame blacks.

34. JT says

John In Boston : I was born and raised in NYC. My bf was born and raised in Chicago. We both lived for a while in Los Angeles. What you say as far as life and statistics go is true, yes. We all know it. Most gay Af.Americans know it. (The only people who don’t know it are whites from Vermont). But I hate that this race subject even had to come up here. We’re talking about ONE jerky NFL player who is a woman-beater criminal anyway, who happens to be AA. And NFL players are varied too. We recently had Brendan Ayanbadejo (black) and Scott Fujita (white) speaking up in support of same-sex equality. I’m so so so against any dishonest political-correctness, as long as we remember that each person, whatever race, is an individual and must be judged that way.

35. Chris says

John In Boston,

There you go again with another general statement
    “Worry about the 70% plus number of black kids growing up with no dad in their home.”

Well I will say this YES I was raised in a single parent household me and 9 other siblings and NOT ONE is a criminal and all are educated and on their own Thanks to a STRONG BLACK WOMAN and this is no miracle it’s actually the norm. But why would white folks care it’s okay for a white kid to come from a single parent home…right? PLEASE SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

Also what is the use if having your father there if he’s beating your Mom and many white households have that problem “DOMESTIC ABUSE” but it’s not singling out race as you are it’s a matter of stomping out these issues that plaging everyone of every race.

My mother was a strong BLACK WOMAN as there alot of STRONG BLACK WOMEN But why would you talk about that when you can mention the negative which is your perspective just like the media.

So one again leave these bullshit Pew Research statistics where they are. Because they are not TOTALLY true and they have NOT looked in every Black household. Because come every class from dirt poor to filthy rich.

And you say you’re not racist but yet and still you keep with these type of comments.

Let me remind you of something while I will never doubt that inner city crime are attributed to African Americans. It is no diiference than these white kids in the suburbs who do the same thing and you know what the difference is???

THE MEDIA.

We’re news worthty when it’s negative. Whenever you hear the media talk about social programs they always throw minorities in front of the camera. And the truth of the matter is this more caucasians receive gov’t benefits than anyone else.

But a white run American media will NEVER disclose that!

And another one of your sarcastic comments

“Also worry yourself more with the very high rates of HIV for black men and woman; the highest among all racial/ethnic demographics in the U.S. The majority of HIV infections in the U.S. are now black men and woman. A good chunk of that is from D.L. gay activity and bisexual black men. Because A LOT of black men are un-comfortable coming out in the black community, compared to white men in the ‘White’ community.”

OK so since this being said now white gays use ths as a weapon against BLACKS…….

Whenever you’re trying to prove something these stats come out.While it may be true coming from you it’s a weapon and that’s how most white gay men use it when they get angry and want to up the anti against African Americans.

But AIDS is AIDS and whites are still getting infected daily like all other races and it doesn’t matter what the DAMN precentage is ONE PERSON IS ONE TOO MANY!

And this so called DL syndrome is not attributed to Black Gays. Those are selfish Men who want to have their cake and eat too!

There are white men who does this also but it’s called discreet and they have unprotected sex and if you think their wives are getting tested. You better think again!

My dear to thine ownself be true!
    This Gay community is going to crash and burn we think we’re progressing. But in the long run we’re not! For some of these very reasons.

OH WELL!

SILENCE IS DEADLY

And not coming out has shit do with becoming HIV positive! I know many men of all races who are Gay and not out and are NEGATIVE

36. kody says

Whew! John, Davey, it’s getting hot in here, we better open a window and get some fresh air! Ahhhhh, that’s better… don’t you feel better now? I thought so. Here, have some fresh blueberry pie. Made it myself this morning. What’s that, John? It’s your favorite? Well I, huh, Davey.. what’s that? Yours too?! Well bless me, I did right by baking this pie, now didn’t I? You both get comfy and have another piece. More coffee? Cream? It’s good isn’t it, sitting here in the kitchen, eating Mama’s pie, cool breeze coming in from the garden. You want to take a nap, there’s a hammock on the front porch, real comfy. Got one in the back yard under the oak tree too. Plenty of room here. I’m so glad you both stopped by, I really appreciate having company, especially a couple of fine men like yourselves. Now, go on, get out on the porch while I clean up and set to making lunch. I think I’ll make some chicken soup with homemade noodles, fresh homemade bread, those sugar snap peas are ready to be picked, hmm, what else, what else you young men like for lunch?

37. John in Boston says

Gay men on average, INCLUDING WHITE (my so-called ‘Own Kind’) have substantially shorter life spans than the general population. Gay men, white and other, have much higher rates of substance abuse and STDs. ALL TRUE. WHY would I deny this?

IMO the black family (I’m speaking in general terms, but statistically it’s the majority) has been badly fucked up by 45 years of fucked up welfare and social services rules and regulations that ENCOURAGE a one parent (FEMALE) no father ‘Family’. THIS IS THE ROOT CAUSE FOR POVERTY AND INSTABILITY in MANY black families, the so-called black community, and the country as a whole. Prisons are full of dudes from very predictable backgrounds/up-bringings.

38. John in Boston says

Chris:

Crime in the ‘burbs is nothing compared to The City. Suburban violent crime rates, including homicides, are a fraction of big city crime rates.

OBVIOUSLY white, Asian, et al., commit all kinds of crimes, including homicides, BUT AT A MUCH LOWER RATE. THIS IS A FACT; IT’S NOT A ‘RACIST’ THEORY. D.O.J. and F.B.I. keep very accurate clear-cut statistics regarding especially homicides.

39. Bill says

John in Boston and every person has to realize that if you hold black people responsible for their words and actions you will be called a racist.

Although I don’t hold other black people responible for one black person or one black groups words and actions I do hold black people responsible for never countering any anti-gay thing another black person does. That truly tells me how bad anti-gay bigotry is in the black community when no one counters it. It’s always white gay people who have to counters these words and actions committed by non-white people because non-white gays don’t want to do it.

Moose, the exit polls were never “debunked” for Prop 8. What happened was a gay organization did a study where they rigged the numbers so it wouldn’t look like black voters in California weren’t so anti-gay because all the charges of racism leveled against gay people for holding black voters responsible for their votes.

40. Davey says

John in Boston..any credible evidence to back up this little theory about the correlation between social service programs and the plight of the black community??

didn’t think so douche.

How about the generations of denial to decent education, jobs and healthcare???

no, no, it’s the blacks wanting to be on welfare…

My prayer tonight….

Dear God, (if there is one)…please have John in Boston’s head split wide open by a young white guy with neo-nazi tats…Ralph maybe?

Amen

41. John in Boston says

Davey:

When I referenced ‘Welfare’ and dudes in prison, I wasn’t just referring to blacks. There is a substantial white ‘Under-Class’ at around 29%……but it’s proportionately much smaller than the black under-class.

Yes: Criminologist, forensic psychologist, cops, prosecutors, will all tell you there’s a direct correlation between criminal behavior, violence,anti-social behavior, and a home headed by a drama filled single parent (female mostly) struggling to keep their head above water. MOST dudes in prison come from such homes/up-bringings.

And I forgot housing projects. Housing projects are officially sanctioned GHETTOS. They are the root of all evil in any neighborhood they’re located in.

42. John in Boston says

Davey:

Generations of denial? Boss, this is 2009; there’s been generations (40 years) of affirmative action, i.e. reverse discrimination. Companies, schools, the public sector work-place, unions, have been HEAVILY lobbied for generations to favor and institute quotas for non-whites, in particular blacks. Most institutions in modern America well bend over backwards to retain a black employee or student. The federal government even provides tax breaks for employers for this specific purpose.

43. Paul R says

These comments have once again disintegrated into all heat and no light. It’s sad and pointless.

And for you white guys who say you’re being objective and speaking the truth and can’t imagine why anyone would be upset with your wording and conclusions, fuck off. And no, I’m not an apologist PC white guy. Just a white guy. Your brazen stereotypes are sickening.

44. JT says

Yeah, that makes sense, Paul R. You say this has “disintegrated into all heat and no light.” Then you do the very same thing with “Your brazen stereotypes are sickening”!

45. John says

All the statistical manipulations and professing of “truth” boils down to this:

“I’m not a racist because they really are inferior…”

That’s the circular, illogical argument being forwarded here. And it is, quite frankly, one that isn’t terribly innovative. It has been used by bigots for centuries to justify discriminatory behavior. It is currently being used by apartheid apologists, holocaust deniers, and their ilk even as I’m writing this. None of them are racist either.

How do we know this?

Because they said so.

46. Chris says

Bill said: the exit polls were never “debunked” for Prop 8. What happened was a gay organization did a study where they rigged the numbers so it wouldn’t look like black voters in California weren’t so anti-gay because all the charges of racism leveled against gay people for holding black voters responsible for their votes.

Then answer this Bill as quoted from Moose

Prop 102 in AZ was on their ballot as well as Prop 8 in California. And a large percentage 42 to be exact of Hispancis voted for Prop 102 in AZ which OUTLAWS gay Marriage in that state….PERIOD.
    And it passed as well. And the percentage of Blacks in AZ in only 2%

But I guess we’re to be blamed for that also?

And you know what John in Boston personally I digress from this conversation because you’re using statistics that are put out there and can be flawed at anytime saying it’s the truth and while I won’t even challenge it that fact of the matter is this a weapon from your standpoint and that is how you choose to use it as a WEAPON about honesty. All of us Blacks live in the projects, are dumb, having babies, catching AIDS and on Welfare..RIGHT according to the statistics!

Because truth be told. You guys didn’t give a FUCK about African Americans and homophobia until Barack trumped Queen Mother Hillary Clinton then we became such a lightning rod. If she would have went on and became Pres. You and the rest would have never cared about African Americans and their issues!!!!

PERIOD But since Obama has won. Well the rest is history!

You and many others on here will never acknowledge anything good about African Americans because it’s not in your DNA to do so. We’re stupid and the gov’t has to give us BLACKS and no one else a handout.

Strange I’ve never been on Welfare and never had to use affirmative action to obtain what I have. But once again why would you care? And since alot white gays feel this way NOT ALL. THEN WHY SHOULD I FIGHT FOR FLAWED EQUALITY if we can’t even get along as Gays? FUCK IT!

And Black Gays have argued and debated with many Pastors and folks in our community about homophobia. BUT WE DO NOT HAVE TO PROVE THAT TO ARROGANT WHITE GAYS TO HAVE THEIR APPROVAL That we’re tackling homophobia.

When you can tell all these Catholic Cardinals to accept gays we’ll tell the pentecostals and Baptists to do the same.

John in Boston It would be really hard for me to believe you have African American friends with the mentality you have! You say you’re not racist and you may not be. But you DAMN SURE is prejudice!

And you won’t be the first one.

47. John in Boston says

Chris:

I NEVER said ALL black people live in projects and blah, blah, blah; don’t put words in my mouth man. I go out of my way to to make it clear certain generalizations are being made or such and such refers to a specific percentage. IT IS RIDICULOUS TO MAKE BLANKET STATEMENTS AND GENERALIZATIONS REGARDING A GROUP OF INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH THEIR OWN LIFE STORIES. No rational person would believe otherwise. Why the fuck is necessary for me to bend over backwards with common-sense statements like this when it’s self evident in my previous posts?

You’d obviously be surprised who my friends are because you and a few other posters like davey clearly badly mis-read me.

48. Davey says

John in Boston wants to talk affirmative action…how about the affirmative action that comes from wealthy whites passing down jobs to their kids or the friends of kids they went to elite schools with?..what is that? do you think George W. Bush actually had the grades for Yale? Do you think the 28 yr old that Donald Trumps daughter just married was actually talented enough to head up a newspaper?? See, when whites get preferential treatment because of daddy it’s called “life”, but when blacks get it, it’s called affirmative action….

again, John in Boston, you’re not in that loop…so you point to all the freebies blacks get, because you don’t have the class to tell all whites in boston who are your social betters that…..

try comparing corporate bailouts and white class structure to black welfare and then tell me who gets more…..your problem is you’re too white for one and don’t have the breeding for the other…

49. John in Boston says

Gay rights within the Catholic Church and other churches are very publicly debated, even popularly ridiculed and mocked. But MANY are afraid of doing like-wise regarding black churches for fear of being called racist. EVERYTHING involving commentary or even mild criticism of for example well know black personalities or a black institution by a non-black person ALWAYS degenerates to charges of racism.

50. John in Boston says

Davey:

If you’ve read other posts by me you’d know I strongly condemn and ridicule corporate welfare like financial bailouts.

I’m not in the loop or I don’t have the breeding? You’re fucking retarded. THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, WHITE OR OTHERWISE, DON’T COME FROM WEALTH AND PRIVILEGE. And I, like MOST people, don’t appreciate when others receive ‘Special’ consideration because their Dad was a grad or made a large donation, or a government or other institution decided to discriminate against me because of my skin color and because they feel sorry for someone else and want to use me or someone like me as a sacrificial lamb so they can feel better about themselves.

51. John in Boston says

You’re a tedious mother fucker Davey. Get a new script and new material boss.

The world doesn’t follow your rigid concepts of ideology. Most humans are a lot more complex than you apparently conceive.

52. Davey says

A new script?

I don’t recall discussing white affirmative action and/or entitlement anywhere in my previous post, so I must have struck a nerve.

Well one thing we can agree on….most humans are a lot more complex than what can be conceived…

you however?

not so much.

53. John in Boston says

Influential, privileged mostly white ‘progressive’ social engineers have created a mirror image small black elite, who they point to as examples of the progress made with their pernicious social engineering. This black elite are no better than their small, obnoxious white counter-part. Social engineering and much (NOT ALL!0 of ‘progressive’ politics has replaced one form of servitude and corruption with another. Nothing more. 45 years minimum of ‘progressive’ leadership in the black community has done NOTHING to stop the break up of the family unit (it’s only gotten progressively worse generation after generation), done nothing to deal effectively with heinously high rates of violence in the black community and society at large, in fact, each generation the problem gets progressively worse, no matter how many resources or how much money is thrown at it. MANY (NOT ALL!) black folks are still DISPROPORTIONATELY and dysfunctionally associated with welfare and other social services like subsidized housing. This all is a terrible drag on societies progress as a whole and goes far beyond just being about black folks and the black community. Or the gay community.

And progress for gays is extra difficult when we have to deal with intense homophobia and anti-gay attitudes within an important sub-culture independent of the dominant culture where little substantive progress is made aside from periodic grand-standing by ‘Radical’ progressive community ‘Leaders’.

54. Chris says

John In Boston you said: And progress for gays is extra difficult?

You can’t be serious about that. Rep Polis in Congress is a businessman and millionaire and God knows there are tons of Gays sitting on big cash.

As far as the church that is not true. There are some Black churches who do not have any fear of accepting Gays in their congregations. I guess you never heard of Jeremiah Wright. The church as well as the organization is GAY FRIENDLY and he has officated Gay weddings. If alot of the kids would stop screaming “GOD DAMN AMERICA” and read up on him they would know. But it didn’t because it became a war of Black against white in the campaign.

Once again GENERALZING

I’m not and didn’t twist anything you said. The bottom line everything that you’ve explained about minorities was not said in the context of compassion. But in the context of a weapon “we’re better than you are” and here’s the examples.

I told you my Mom was a strong black woman and you continued to go on and on about the percentages of Blacks without a father.

That was used as a weapon. SORRY but it is what it is. This is only a debate we personally don’t know each other. But all of this started over a Black athelete saying faggot and then the queens started saying nigger and then came the avalanche about Blacks this, Blacks that.

But I’m over it. Actually I’m glad Obama did get elected because the very community I’m a part of has truly shown it’s face.

It’s all good! We all know where we stand!

55. Rocky says

In response to CHRIS

“Actually I’m glad Obama did get elected because the very community I’m a part of has truly shown it’s face.

As a gay man of color,I could not agree with you more.

Ever since President Obama got elected.The gay white racists queers have really came out of the closet (with their racism and anti-black sentiment) So now I know who I should be spitting at.Remember these gay men spouting this anti-black sentiment are WHITE MEN.We all know that WHITE MEN have been the venomous bastards who have done so much harm to so many people for centuries.That attitude hasnt faded away it doesnt matter if that particular white man with that attitude is gay or straight.As Ive said many times before a very LARGE demographic of towleroad readers are RACIST WHITE COWS. Hell Im starting the think ANDY is one of them.That said I have to get ready for work.Ive been on
    http://www.KKK-Towleroad.com long enough this morning.

56. JT says

I can’t find anything John in Boston said that wasn’t correct though. Uncomfortable, but correct. And those who are arguing with him are just making up things he never said, like “ALL blacks..” this and “ALL blacks that..” Or try to use old stereotypes like, “It’s because you’re poor white trash so you blame minorities for your problems..” That old b.s.

57. Christopher says

WOW. A black footsketball player uses the “F” word twice and Towleroad readers tear one another apart (including wishing someone death by AIDS, thanks Davey). We really are our own worst enemies.

58. Derrick from Philly says

Yes, JT, it’s all bullshit: the anti-gay beliefs of some straight black folks, and the anti-black racist beliefs of some white gay folks. Caught in the middle are black gays. We are called faggots by anti-gay black folks, and then we are called nigger by anti-black white gays (the racial slur when used applies to all black people. Obviously, white gays don’t recognize that the anti-gay slurs apply to black gays too, or else you would not resort to the racial slur. Gay is “white only” to too many white gays).

Some of us will never get along; and no, we aint scared of each other. So, where does that leave us?

59. Jonster says

The thing I don’t get is how did Larry Johnson know about Christopher Street. If you are black and gay in New York City, that is where you go to hook up and be with friends. Lot of downlow people know to go there to get a quickie. Hmmmm. What is it they say about homophobes? “We’re you greatest fear and your biggest fantasy!”

60. kody says

I agree with Christopher, in that someone said the “F” word, it made the news, then all hell broke loose on this blog. I think that the football player’s comment was almost negligible compared to the homophobia and racism released on this blog. I don’t understand why the very people that would become upset by a public figure’s breech, would sink lower than him in their response and conversations with one another. I mean, some player says “faggott”, then all the bloggers start calling each other “faggotts”, and worse. Would you talk like this to each other in person, in public? Why have you abandoned civility? Yes, racism, homophobia, need to be dealt with, and probably will be with us forever, but come on, let’s have strong statements and ideas expressed by thoughtfully put together words the purpose of which would be to enlighten, not to anger.
    Have we learned nothing? Have we forgotten MLK? We should conversr with each other as if we are conversing with all of us, because we are.

61. soulbrotha says

Jonster, I don’t understand why you are so surprised that a straight football player would know about Christopher Street. The West Village is a big tourist attraction. Christopher Street is described by tour guides and travel books as a gay mecca with historical significance. So just because he know about the street, doesn’t mean he is on the “down low.”

62. Paul R says

Gosh, JT, I’m so sorry I offended your tender ears with my use of “brazen” and “sickening”—those words were definitely distasteful and entirely out of line given the tone of most posts here. Guess I should have stuck with personal attacks!

63. TylerAnthony says

It’s sad, that the word nigger came into play. If he was white would you call him a cracker or honky? Would his race make a difference? Or are whites afforded ‘ethnic’ free lives? When the hispanic kids beat up the gay(white) guy did you call them wetbacks, spics or roach killers?

Sad fact that in 2009 gays who are fighting to be seen as human beings still see a persons race 1st. and respond. So when someone sees your race first or sexuality don’t get your panties in a bunch. You reap what you sow.

The fact that you said ‘we should call him nigger’ suggests that gay = white, you assume there are no blacks latino asian biracial native american italian etc etc on board

1 man does not represent all americans who are of african-american heritage.

64. says

Actually it’s quite interesting that he made such pointed references to Christopher Street. It’s been THE Gayborhood since the dawn of time. But in recent Years the West Village has been the primary hangout for black LGBT youth. Why would a “straight” black footbal player bring this up?

Methinks Miss Thing does protest too much.

65. Jonster says

Soulbrotha, how you so sure he’s straight? heh heh heh. Trust me, that Christopher Street remark is a dead giveaway. Now would you like me to tell you how many other downlow “soulbrotha” NFL players I know about?

66. says

I’ll just give JT a shout out for his gratuitous bashing of Vermont, once again. This Vermonter, by the way, grew up in a majority black city (or at least it was when I was there, well before Katrina), so don’t paint me with your theoretical PC genealogy.

And John in Boston: what’s that about the first government to abolish slavery? That happened with Philadelphia quakers in 1688, and Vermont had the first Constitution to outlaw slavery in 1777. Just curious as to what you’re referring to.

67. soulful one says

The racists are out. I have straight friends who don’t believe gays are racist. Wait til they see this post. I love how the gay white racists still insist that blacks were the cause of Prop 8’s passing. I’m not even going to bother posting the actual voting results which clearly demonstrates that lie to be nothing but a lie because the truth has been known about that since last December. The racist gay white man nonetheless hangs on to the lie cause, well, it justifies his racism. Or, at least helps.

The only consolation I can get out of this is the knowledge that just as there will always be racist white queens there will also be homophobes. You’ll co-exist in your diseased and crippled thinking together. What a shame though that innocent gays have to be victimized by homophobic violence. I wish that wasn’t the case. Why can’t homophobes have like this special gaydar that picks out the racist white queen? Now that would be somethin’ special wouldn’t it?