News | Video Games

BigGayDeal.com

New XBox Game Dragon Age Features Gay Sex Scene, Pillow Talk

Elf1

The new Playstation and XBox360 BioWare game Dragon Age: Origins features a secret gay sex scene:

"Access to the hands-on scene can only be granted if the player uses the right combination of cheesy chat up lines to seduce the warrior elf. In a clip posted online, the gamer-controlled human character runs through the correct list of options, starting with the inevitably cheesy, 'I want to discuss something personal' – one of four dialogue options available He then makes his intentions explicit with 'Can you join me in my tent?' before coming in for the kill with, 'I bet you’re good at a lot of things'."

Watch it (video probably nsfw), AFTER THE JUMP...

Writes Gay Gaymer: "With this bare-chested and unflinching portrayal, it feels as if the depiction of gay sex in video games has reached a new level of equal treatment. This is more than just a mincing gay pirate (Temple of Elemental Evil) or an evasive fade-to-black: there's choreography, tenderness, humor and even an element of sexual politics to Zevran's post-coital conversation."

Elf2

Comments

1. Finally, Legolas (or a Legolas-looking elf) gets it.

Posted by: Marco | Nov 24, 2009 11:20:04 AM

2. Just pointing out that the scene is no more "secret" than the other sex scenes in the game.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 24, 2009 11:35:20 AM

3. Yea, its not a secret. Its treated just like any other romance option with a party member.

Posted by: samwise | Nov 24, 2009 11:38:52 AM

4. "Is that a +3 Mace of Smiting in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Posted by: John in Houston | Nov 24, 2009 11:40:24 AM

5. The game's also available for the PC, as well as the consoles :)

Posted by: Chris | Nov 24, 2009 11:59:43 AM

6. I wanted to romance Alistair, but he's straight :(

Posted by: DD | Nov 24, 2009 12:08:29 PM

7. Haha me too dd, or even the archer at the beginning when you first become a warden. Or alistair's mentor. Zev was actually my last choice, legolas never did it for me

Posted by: Cory | Nov 24, 2009 12:20:39 PM

8. It's not "secret". You can romance Zev (bisexual), Leliana (bisexual), Morrigan (hetero), or Alistair (hetero). You just have to have the right conversations, do the right quests, and give a few gifts.

Posted by: DR | Nov 24, 2009 12:33:33 PM

9. "Is there something in your ent that needs assassinating?" Ha! Priceless.

Posted by: Ricola | Nov 24, 2009 12:51:35 PM

10. Ugh, why did I choose to be a lady elf mage?

I'm going to have to replay this game as a big strapping human warrior :)

Posted by: Scott | Nov 24, 2009 1:01:47 PM

11. The elf is a power bottom, the top doesn't speak, the entire interlude takes place in a tent....Brokeback Mountain, anyone?

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 24, 2009 1:06:24 PM

12. You can also choose male female or other options at the Pearl brothel no matter what your character's gender.

Posted by: e | Nov 24, 2009 1:12:46 PM

13. When I played it with my elven mage, Zev topped me. I'm glad everyone is pointing out that this isn't an Easter egg.

The only bad part of doing this is that you get an achievement called "Easy Lover," and I had that effing Phil Collins in my head for hours.

Posted by: DN | Nov 24, 2009 1:14:39 PM

14. Why does the elf sound like Ricardo Montalban. Kinda killed it for me.

Posted by: David | Nov 24, 2009 2:13:39 PM

15. @DN you get "Easy Lover" because Zev is a slut.

Posted by: DD | Nov 24, 2009 2:33:13 PM

16. @DN Yeah, Zev will basically sleep with anyone. You can actually get him into a threesome or a foursome.

A bit, dissapointing that he is the only male/male romance option -- but it is very different than most games. I did get him to stay around with me at the end-game however, which is tougher.

Posted by: swellster | Nov 24, 2009 3:06:42 PM

17. As a guy who loves RPGs, this is awesome. I know what game I'm getting next. ;)

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Nov 24, 2009 4:51:49 PM

18. Really, girl?

Posted by: Harris of Hollywood | Nov 24, 2009 5:07:27 PM

19. Surprisingly romantic and sexy- I know what I want Santa to bring me this Christmas...

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 24, 2009 6:21:31 PM

20. I wonder who will make the first module where they get Allistair to experiment... You could sell that for 5 bucks and make millions, ha.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 24, 2009 6:38:07 PM

21. I am with Rodney. I love RPG's and have played them forever and it was pretty meaningful to finally get to have a romance with another male character.
    I would also like to state, like others on here, that this is no "secret." From the first moment you meet Zevran he admits to being bisexual.

Posted by: Blaz | Nov 25, 2009 12:18:43 AM

22. As others have pointed out, it is by no means secret. Please change the headline of your article as it is giving out the wrong message and downplaying Bioware's efforts.

This also isn't the first time Bioware have ventured into equality and kudos to them.

Posted by: Ian M. Walker | Nov 25, 2009 1:17:21 AM

23. As a huge fan of RPGs, I am also thrilled to have somewhat of a decent "romance" option. Something is better than nothing.

Of course, for me, since I was not too impressed with the original look of Zev, it was much more entertaining with the scruffy Zev mod in place from damonds . com

Posted by: lcaruca | Nov 25, 2009 1:55:11 AM

24. Like the makers of the SIMS line, the makers of Dragon Age (Bioware) have been including same-sex romance options as a normal part of their game storytelling for years.

Four out of the game's 10 companions are romance-able. You've got two opposite-sex and one same-sex relationship possible whether you're male or female.

Agreed--Alister has so much more charm and appeal than Zev. But one of the great things about PC games (rather than the console versions) is that almost anything's possible with fan-written addons. There'll be much more fan-created gay male-oriented content to come on the PC, just as their was/is with Sims 2/3 and Oblivion. Huge modding communities.

I can't wait to download some fan mods to extend the game in that direction.

Posted by: adamblast | Nov 25, 2009 12:35:10 PM

25. I'm totally buying this game, like tonight.

Posted by: Lucas H | Nov 25, 2009 7:41:52 PM