Comments

1. Cory says

Haha me too dd, or even the archer at the beginning when you first become a warden. Or alistair’s mentor. Zev was actually my last choice, legolas never did it for me

2. DR says

It’s not “secret”. You can romance Zev (bisexual), Leliana (bisexual), Morrigan (hetero), or Alistair (hetero). You just have to have the right conversations, do the right quests, and give a few gifts.

3. DN says

When I played it with my elven mage, Zev topped me. I’m glad everyone is pointing out that this isn’t an Easter egg.

The only bad part of doing this is that you get an achievement called “Easy Lover,” and I had that effing Phil Collins in my head for hours.

4. swellster says

@DN Yeah, Zev will basically sleep with anyone. You can actually get him into a threesome or a foursome.

A bit, dissapointing that he is the only male/male romance option — but it is very different than most games. I did get him to stay around with me at the end-game however, which is tougher.

5. Blaz says

I am with Rodney. I love RPG’s and have played them forever and it was pretty meaningful to finally get to have a romance with another male character.
    I would also like to state, like others on here, that this is no “secret.” From the first moment you meet Zevran he admits to being bisexual.

6. Ian M. Walker says

As others have pointed out, it is by no means secret. Please change the headline of your article as it is giving out the wrong message and downplaying Bioware’s efforts.

This also isn’t the first time Bioware have ventured into equality and kudos to them.

7. lcaruca says

As a huge fan of RPGs, I am also thrilled to have somewhat of a decent “romance” option. Something is better than nothing.

Of course, for me, since I was not too impressed with the original look of Zev, it was much more entertaining with the scruffy Zev mod in place from damonds . com

8. adamblast says

Like the makers of the SIMS line, the makers of Dragon Age (Bioware) have been including same-sex romance options as a normal part of their game storytelling for years.

Four out of the game’s 10 companions are romance-able. You’ve got two opposite-sex and one same-sex relationship possible whether you’re male or female.

Agreed–Alister has so much more charm and appeal than Zev. But one of the great things about PC games (rather than the console versions) is that almost anything’s possible with fan-written addons. There’ll be much more fan-created gay male-oriented content to come on the PC, just as their was/is with Sims 2/3 and Oblivion. Huge modding communities.

I can’t wait to download some fan mods to extend the game in that direction.

9. DN says

After a week off for Thanksgiving, I finished the game, and if you play your relationship right, it’s a very touching ending. I’m not even kidding. I felt sad for the guy… what can I say, I’m a romantic.