Books | Indiana | News | Sarah Palin

Unhappy Sarah Palin Book Tour Mob Boos Her Out of Town

Palinbooktour

Several hundred Palin fans in Noblesville, Indiana crowd who had waited up to nine hours on a rainy night with books and wristbands to see Sarah Palin were denied face time with no explanation. And they weren't happy. The mob gathered around her bus, booing her as it pulled away on Thursday.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Palin released a statement on her Facebook page: "I've been told that yesterday there were supporters in Noblesville who stood in long lines for hours in the cold and rain, and the book signing event ended without a chance to say hello to everyone who showed up. I am so sorry. We are working on a solution for those who were left behind. I apologize."

MSNBC talks to some disappointed bookholders:

Comments

1. The stupidity of her followers never ceases to amaze me, but by far the douche of the day goes to this clown.

"We gave up our entire workday, stayed in the cold. My kids were crying," said one man. "They went home with my wife. She was out here in the freezing cold all day. I feel like I don't want to support Sarah."

Taking off of work for her is bad enough, but dragging your children and having them wait in the cold and rain until they are crying? Family values? Try calling children services on this douche bag.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 21, 2009 12:21:06 PM

2. I notice you actually have an ad below pushing the book from newsmax? This is the advertising you accept?

Posted by: Mike K | Nov 21, 2009 12:49:50 PM

3. Boy those people sure do turn on you in a hurry. I just wish they had attacked the bus. I wonder is she was afraid, like so many gay people who are threatened on a daily basis.

Posted by: sassymouth | Nov 21, 2009 12:59:42 PM

4. what did you expect from her.she is as bad a lier as the rest of em.this woman is a joke and her family has to be sicken by the stuff she has done.all she is about is money lieing and running around on her husban who has supporter her all these tears and now she wants to crush him to as she has all the rest of her so called freinds and others.this woman is not a choice for any office of any kind she is a dissrect to alaska .what a joke!!!!!!

Posted by: ken | Nov 21, 2009 1:04:24 PM

5. Sounds like there was one person who was booing and another person chanting sign our books. Who cares about her. Please stop giving her time.

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 21, 2009 1:36:55 PM

6. Her comments pretty much sum up the usual GOP apologies for business as usual... :(

Posted by: richard s | Nov 21, 2009 4:35:38 PM

7. Noblesville---You've been Palinized just like the state of Alaska!

Posted by: Ga in TX | Nov 21, 2009 4:42:10 PM

8. They should have thrown those books at the bus... they can't read anyways.

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 21, 2009 7:16:06 PM

9. @MIKE K: The advertising on the site is driven by a Google advertising service. It looks for content on a page and then 'sends' relevant advertising. It has no way of determining whether the page is supporting or opposing the content.

Posted by: anon | Nov 21, 2009 10:06:47 PM

10. Said one disgruntled pleb, "She treated us like a bunch of blacks... or homos... We're white Republicans, damn it! Treat us special"

Posted by: Donovan | Nov 22, 2009 1:48:51 AM

11. She should have just said "I apologize for being the quitting quiter that I am, at least I am honest about my inability to actually follow thru on any of my promises." But then, again, if she told the truth she wouldnt be Sarah Palin.

Posted by: Jim in MN | Nov 22, 2009 2:02:43 AM

12. >>@MIKE K: The advertising on the site is driven by a Google advertising service. It looks for content on a page and then 'sends' relevant advertising. It has no way of determining whether the page is supporting or opposing the content.<<

On the contrary, Google Adsense allows you to block specific names, companies etc. from advertising on your site. You just have to manually input the data.

As for Sarah, I'm guessing her book did well because Newsmax and other right wing publications bought them all up to give away for free when you subscribe to their conservative crap. It will be interesting to know how many copies they get burned with.

Posted by: Keith | Nov 22, 2009 4:33:46 AM

13. Patrick NYC said it best,"Taking off of work for her is bad enough, but dragging your children and having them wait in the cold and rain until they are crying? Family values? Try calling children services on this douche bag".
    Reminds me of how Sarah Palin put her unmarried, underage pregnant daughter on a world stage.Do you think this child will ever forget that? Do you think Sarah Palin cares? Levi Johnston is already out for revenge.I can not wait till the daughter writes her book.

Posted by: Michael P | Nov 22, 2009 7:26:49 AM

14. Ridiculous people swarming around in the off chance of seeing an even more ridiculous person. In Palinese, "This is the REAL America".

Posted by: Island Girly | Nov 22, 2009 9:32:41 AM

15. LOLOL Here in Indianapolis, we refer to the town as "Nobletucky." HRMMMMM....wonder why.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 22, 2009 11:14:28 AM

16. In Palinese, this is common sense...standing out in freezing rain for nine hours with your kids (who were probably taken out of school and could care less other than they were taken out of school) and not realizing (or not having read accounts of her behavior) and then being all upset. This is how GOP money is spent...not at schools but on airheads.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Nov 22, 2009 4:27:32 PM

17. To be fair, are you going to comment on the places where hundreds showed up and enjoyed the time, or are we going to be biased and only focus on this one situation? When are all of you going to realize that if her favorable ratings continue to rise (as they are) and Obama's continue to fall (as they are) then we will need some of these "hicks" to support our causes.

Posted by: BC | Nov 23, 2009 10:54:53 AM

18. "I quit!"

Hey, it works for book tours also! By golly.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Nov 23, 2009 11:19:42 AM

19. I don't feel a bit sorry for anyone...you couldn't pay me to wait 5 minutes to have anything signed by that idiot.

Posted by: J.J. | Dec 3, 2009 2:22:17 PM

20. Sounds like a lot of media outlets FEAR this woman!!! I listened to her book on CD. Do not read this book or listen to these CDs. They will make a Palin believer out of you!! She changed the "business as usual" Republican incumbent Governor and kicked his money-wasting ass out of his seat! And She's a Republican. She cleaned up the money wasting and corruption within her own party! Can any of the Democrats say that about each other? And don't believe there's not a helluva lot of corruption and greed on BOTH sides. Go ahead and print all of these Palin-bashing articles you can dream up:Palin will just be back again and again. She is hated by feminists because she is everything they're NOT: educated, beautiful (that's really important), articulate, intelligent, a mommy with a house full of kids, a great wife (of ONE man), and competent far more than the media would ever honestly allow us to see!. Time will tell

Posted by: Wanda | Jan 27, 2010 11:41:09 AM