BigGayDeal.com

Ed Westwick at Forefront of Hairy Male Cleavage Comeback

Edw

The Wall Street Journal reports on the return of "heavage", hairy male cleavage revealed by the plunging neckline of an unbuttoned shirt, and offers credit to Ed Westwick, Mehcad Brooks, and Jude Law, who aren't shy about showing it off:

"The last time man cleavage was so prevalent in the U.S. was in the 1970s -- 'the golden age of male chest hair,' says Mr. Bryan. Epitomized by John Travolta in 1977's 'Saturday Night Fever,' the convention back then was to skip enough shirt buttons to show off a thick forest of hair, perhaps topped with a gold medallion as a sign of virility...The latest resurrection of man cleavage does raise a not-so insignificant issue: to wax or not? For a number of years, any male chest hair was considered a fashion don't, but very recently a thin thatch has become quite acceptable. The low-cut look 'is better if you have a little chest hair,' says Tyler Thoreson, a New York-based men's style consultant. 'It's not about showing off chest hair, it's about it peeking out a little bit.'"

Comments

1. Happy hairy days are here again! Though for some of us they never left--we always supported heavage, even when it wasn't called that. Go natural, men.

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 8, 2009 7:08:23 PM

2. I never shaved my chest hair. Im in college and I always get to see sexy guys with thier chest hair, leg hair, and facial stuble. Its hot!

Posted by: Erick | Dec 9, 2009 12:00:39 AM

3. I just KNEW I was a trendsetter... I've known this for a good 15 years... Which, I guess, makes me waaaaaay ahead of my time... All that ridicule, well LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, BITCH!

lol

Posted by: TheNiebur | Dec 9, 2009 3:31:33 AM

4. Yesterday at the gym, a guy came into the locker room, fresh from working out and all pumped up, stripped off his T-shirt to reveal a beautifully bare chest. (Shaved, I believe.) No chest hair hiding those nipples! Incredible turn-on for me. Those who like hairy, that's fine, but give me a shaved, waxed, lasered, or naturally hairless body any day.

Posted by: PeterH | Dec 9, 2009 10:56:11 AM

5. I dig chest hair!

I would love to bang Jamie Bamber, and then we would fall asleep in the same bed, with my face in his chest hair... Mmmmm.

Posted by: François | Jan 18, 2010 4:26:08 PM

6. Bring it! I'm SO fuck'N sick of main-stream androgyny!

Posted by: MoJo | Aug 29, 2010 3:29:02 PM