New Jersey | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Jersey Shore's 'The Situation' Enjoys the Attention of Gay Men

Theistuation

Jersey Shore's Mike Sorrentino (aka 'The Situation') tells E!'s Marc Malkin that he enjoys the attention he gets from gay men:

"I'm very confident in being Italian. I'm proud to have spiky hair and I'm proud to have my six-pack. Whoever doesn't like it, I'm not really too worried about it because everybody should love themselves. If you don't love yourself, who will? I'll be honest, I like the attention [from gay men]. I'm flattered if there are guys with different preferences that have crushes on me."

In related news, Rich over at FourFour has posted one of his thorough wrap-ups of episode two.

Comments

1. I can totally see it, if you're into that Daddy look in a 50 yo kind of thing.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 11, 2009 10:06:04 AM

2. OK...I admit...it's a guilty pleasure...I watch the Jersey Shore....and.....it turns me on.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 11, 2009 10:07:38 AM

3. I too am a secret Jersey Shore lover!

It's the best trash TV since season 1 of the ATL Housewives.

I just don't get the hair.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 11, 2009 10:49:59 AM

4. Yup, I'd be his bitch.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Dec 11, 2009 11:29:06 AM

5. Reeks of big dick.

Posted by: Josh G. | Dec 11, 2009 11:31:11 AM

6. Excellent for him, make that money, get those fans, don't isolate one group to get to another; he is showing many others how it is done...yeah he is sexy and I love a Jersey boy on the downlow because they know what they are doing

Posted by: differingview | Dec 11, 2009 11:42:15 AM

7. okay, I'll admit it. I'd do him, but I wouldn't go around bragging about it

Posted by: Pekemo | Dec 11, 2009 12:32:55 PM

8. blah, i smell a douche.

Posted by: Erick | Dec 11, 2009 12:34:10 PM

9. Please, if anyone has any information that could help me locate my dog, I'd greatly appreciate it. He's got a broad flat nose, like a garden gnome, and big bushy eyebrows that he plucks and trims. Hair on his back that I have shaved relgiously. I named him after an eighties yazoo song called the situation, but he responds to the name gino, too. He's about five feet ten standing up (I have to help him with that as his legs are completely deflated)...

Posted by: TANK | Dec 11, 2009 1:05:21 PM

10. Jersey Shore is a trainwreck, but it's sexy trash TV that I can't stop watching. My gaydar def goes off when the camera's on Mike. He doesn't seem all that straight to me. I'd absolutely work over that Situation.

Posted by: JTlvr | Dec 11, 2009 1:29:26 PM

11. Tank are you talking about what you Mom had to endure to look decent after hauling your ass out of her tired clap trap.

Posted by: differingview | Dec 11, 2009 1:36:02 PM

12. that didn't even make sense, differing. I understand that you don't have a good brain, but put some effort into making sense.

Posted by: TANK | Dec 11, 2009 2:11:06 PM

13. Anyone think Mike became less hot when Ronnie ran off with the skank he was interested in, and then Mike started macking on Snickers in the tub? Like so many of these types, he seems to be hiding or afraid or something, compensating, whatever... also, I think he's short, am I wrong?

Posted by: Fred | Dec 11, 2009 2:30:01 PM

14. He needs to stop pouting over the girl and find someone new...he is looking kind of pathetic right now. I do think he is a genius by playing up The Situation to the point of having girls having it screenprinted on their shorts - very smart.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 11, 2009 4:20:33 PM

15. I'm torn on this. More reality TV "celebrities". Why should we care, or be surprised, especially considering the overall trend of gay-friendly MTV? He'll get his 15 minutes of fame, then God willing will fade back into happy obscurity. On the other hand, well, it's nice to hear that he appreciates the attention and respects it, never know who might listen to him.

Overall, I'll put it in the "thanks for caring, and have a nice life once your TV show is done" category.

Posted by: DR | Dec 11, 2009 4:26:41 PM

16. Very Drudge Report , you could have worded the headline a little less luridly. Not have it all in a disrespectful tone. Tolerance works both ways gentlemen.

Posted by: richard s | Dec 11, 2009 4:41:45 PM

17. THIS is why you dudes need to STOP every time some "straight" dude come along ans takes his shirt off you fall the fuck out "he is so hot"! THIS GUY IS DISGUSTING...GROSS AND UGLY! And it shows the lack of self love for yourselves!

Posted by: shannon | Dec 11, 2009 7:16:12 PM

18. Hey, you guys! We are allowed to look at this guy who takes his shirt off on TV! Tell everyone!

Come on. Is our collective self-esteem still so low that non-negative statements from reality show participants are news? Every time a hot straight guy comes along and acknowledges that gay men are able to see him, it's posted on here. We get it. Move along.

Posted by: Dave | Dec 11, 2009 9:51:19 PM

19. and yet every time a straight guy says "faggot" you all are ready to have him drawn and quartered. nice to see the positive as well as the negative.

Posted by: DR | Dec 11, 2009 9:54:43 PM

20. I'd like to situate myself under him(:

Posted by: Queen Juliana | Dec 11, 2009 10:05:52 PM

21. This is definitely not appealing... he is so not "portable"...where could you ever take him?

Posted by: Russell | Dec 12, 2009 3:33:10 AM

22. Doesn't he claim to be 27? Methinks he's been claiming to be 27 for about a decade now.

Posted by: Craig | Dec 12, 2009 5:50:36 PM

23. >I think he's short, am I wrong?

I don't think any of them hit 6 feet with the possible exception of Vinny, the youngest. Ron-Ron is barely a head taller than Snooki, and she's 4'9"!

Posted by: rhintheham | Dec 17, 2009 9:01:19 PM

24. I don't watch the show, but I appreciate any positive, accepting comments such as these without any snark or b*tchiness. Wish some of my fellow GLBT fam could do the same.

Posted by: Fredo777 | Feb 4, 2010 5:37:52 PM

25. You are all losers.......he is so HOT.
    You guys are all haters!

Posted by: joe | Apr 11, 2010 11:32:08 PM