Comments

1. TANK says

Everything is sexy about smoking. You’re blowing smoke out of your mouth. The taste…the burn…smoking is a perfect storm of sexy. Further, healthy and safe is never sexy. Christ, how can anyone not know this? Unhealthy and dangerous is always going to be more sexy than its opposite.

2. Matt says

Personally, I don’t see it comparing to the sexy smoking in Plata Quemada aka Burnt Money. As an ex-smoker, though, it’s only sexy when it’s in the movies and not right in front of me.

3. joe c says

DAYUM! And I still can’t believe Tom Ford made a movie as good as everyone says his first time out.

>> Sorry, totally fail to see what’s sexy about smoking.

Oh that’s not tobacco they’re smoking, it’s an herbal infusion of baby tea leaves gently caressed and swatched in the purest flax and dewdrops. Better? 😉

I’m not a smoker and think it’s gross, but almost ANYthing can be made to look sexy. Heck, even k.d. lang admitted smoking can be sexy: check out Drag.

4. Paul says

It’s totally Tom Ford The Movie. The whole time my mind is going:
    Tom Ford…Thom Browne…Raymond Loewy…Monocle…Steven Meisel for Italian Vogue…and so on.

I didn’t like the movie, but it is still impressive how well it turned out. I was totally expecting him to completely embarrass himself.

5. rational says

Smoking makes handsome guys ugly.

Smoking makes sexy guys gross.

Smokers quite literally stink. Their hair stinks. Their clothes stink. Their homes stink. Their cars stink. Their books stink. Their porches and patios and doorways stink. Certainly they are disgusting to kiss. Even if they haven’t smoked in a while, you can taste and smell the effects of previous smoking emanating from their lungs.

Smoking still kills more Americans than AIDS.

This shit is irresponsible. I say that to Towleroad as well.

6. patrick nyc says

POSTED BY: TANK
    —————-
    My sister and cousin are both nurses in cancer wards, perhaps you should visit one to see how sexy cancer is.

While I do agree the oral fixation is hot, especially in the 30’s and 40’s Hollywood, but we are not living in the dark ages. Cancer, like global warming, is not a hoax.

As for your comment :

‘Further, healthy and safe is never sexy. Christ, how can anyone not know this? Unhealthy and dangerous is always going to be more sexy than its opposite.’

Not sure how many people you know, or witness die of AIDS, people like you make my dick limp. There is nothing sexy about dying or getting a disease that can be avoided. Hot men are hot, unsafe sex is for those who do not have the ability to be hot, without being the ‘bad boy’.

Every so often you make a good comment here, which is only thrown out the window with shit like this.

7. Jim says

How lame that people look at that movie clip and make some political statement about smoking! It’s about the attraction between 2 men! I’m over the Puritanical strangle-hold of America!

8. TANK says

All I’m sayin’ is that you could never be cool, patrick. You could never hang with the fonz. You were never cool. It’s okay to be an awkward geek…I’m pretty nerdy. But ask yourself what tastes better. The cardiologist’s diet (i.e., if it tastes good, spit it out), or unhealthy food? Crazy people are better in bed than sane… We have evolved the capacity for risk enjoyment, and a certain kinds are cooooooool. I’m not advocating for smoking, unsafe sex with psychopaths, substance abuse, or taking insane risks with your physical well being… But you’re so not cool, patrick.

9. patrick nyc says

———–
    Oh Tank you douche bag. You do know the ‘fonz’ was a made up person don’t you? If hanging out at the Saint and Studio 54 are not cool, then I guess you are right, I’m not cool.

As for fun in bed, I could make your head spin, but I’m not into douche bags, I leave them for the republicans.

10. Gabe R L says

Its just a movie, can’t people just like the clip and not make a chatting up scene about smoking? So lacking in humor. Anyway, what was Bianca, Mick, Andy, Steve, Carolina, etc., like?

11. X-opher says

I am very much looking forward to seeing this film, not the least because Colin Firth has always had a great cinematic presence. Does anyone know when (or if, I suppose) the film will be opening in wider release?

12. says

This clip looks like a parody of some horrible 60’s` foreign film. I hope it’s better as a whole.

I will agree with the poster who is happy it’s not the typical “neon” Gay flick.

I will netflix it in a few weeks and just fast forward to what I’m sure will be cool outfits.