Andy Dick Arrested on Sexual Abuse Charges in WV

Dick1

Andy Dick has been arrested and charged with two counts of sexual abuse for groping and kissing patrons and a bouncer without their consent in a Huntington, West Virginia nightclub.

Dick2 "Huntington Police arrested Dick about 4 a.m. Saturday at Rum Runners. Dick was inside the club at 819 Third Ave., speaking with a man identified as Justin Hayes 'when the defendant (unexpectedly and without invitation) grabbed the victim's crotch, repeatedly groping then kissing him,' according to a Huntington Police Department criminal complaint.

The second felony charge said a Rum Runners security guard approached Dick and asked 'to place an armband on his hand to comply with the rules of the establishment.' According to the guard's account in the report, 'the defendant grabbed the victim's crotch and began laughing.'

Dick spent several hours at the Western Regional Jail before he was arraigned via video by Cabell County Magistrate Patty Verbage-Spence. Dick sounded polite at his arraignment and said he would hire an attorney for a court date set for the first week of next month."

Dick was released on bail and planned to perform a 7 pm show Sunday night. He apparently made a few impressions with his Friday night show as well:

"Friday's show apparently had its own fireworks. Bryant Somerville, who attended Dick's performance, said it ended with 'a lot of shock and awe,' as the performer, dressed in a wig and red skirt as his character, Daphne Aguillera, let the skirt drop to the stage for five minutes. 'He was bare from the waist down,' Somerville said. 'It was obviously part of the act. He dropped it and there he stood in all his glory. I think I heard more deep breaths in that five minutes than in all my 24 years. It was a 21-and-up show. I guess if that's their cup of tea, they got their money's worth.'"

TMZ has been posting photos of Dick at the bar where he was arrested.

Comments

1. Trailrunnr says

Hmm, I had to look him up, never heard of him. After reading a bit, it’s no wonder; he sounds like a jerk on all levels.

Memo to self: add “Andy Dick” to the ingore list. Yawn.

2. Robert says

Andy Dick is one of those crazy addicts who flirts with the gay/not-gay line so much that he makes us all seem like messed-up freaks. I mean, grabbing crotches and licking dudes in a West Virginia bar? He’s lucky he didn’t get killed.

Also, I’m usually super curious to see celebrity cock shots, but if there’s footage of this one, I think I’ll pass…….. :S

3. Hella says

Wow. I and all of my friends have been victims of “sexual assault” many times in gay bars, if that’s what it’s called when some creepy fag (we’re gay) tries to cop a feel. This must have been a straight bar where Andy Dick did it? I can’t imagine a guy in a gay bar calling the cops…not because they like it, but just because it’s so common, and easily brushed off.

4. Lexxvs says

Yes, we’ve all seen those drunken fellows grabbing crotches.
    More disgusting that feeling the probe in your private parts is sensing long nails on those clumsy fingers. That’s utterly vomitive. If that the case, give him perpetual.

5. Timzilla says

I wonder how many West Virginia waitresses in trucks stops or barmaids in bars and clubs get groped by truckers, creepers and drunk frat boys on a daily basis. It boggles the mind. I am sure the Huntington Police is scrambling to quickly arrest and charge them, too. And that poor traumatized bouncer. He will probably need years and years of therapy to recover—therapy that only a big, fat check from Andy Dick can pay for.

6. DR says

Ahh, well, looks like he finally crossed the line. This behavior would have barely been acceptable in a gay bar, so he goes and molests a bunch of male patrons in a straight bar. Agreed with another poster, it’s a wonder someone didn’t clobber him.

Also agreed that felony sex assault seems a bit harsh here. I can understand misdemeanor sex assault charges, but felonies? Really? Wow.

7. bobbyjoe says

Kathy Griffin’s book has a whole chapter on Andy Dick’s bizarre act and behavior. Let’s just say the chapter ends with Kathy and 3 college guys in a limo with Andy Dick; Kathy warns ’em that if they plan on staying around Andy Dick that night he’s gonna expect ’em to blow him. Two of the guys jump out of the limo; one of them shrugs and doesn’t.

8. Vince B. says

As can be expected: Just add alcohol…or perhaps he wasn’t drunk!, just in an especially stupid, self-destructive mood.
    For his sake I hope he registered beyond sh*t faced; a judge might take that into consideration if he’s real lucky. Andy’s getting too old for bad behavior.

9. PearlsBeforeSwine says

Chances are he was in a blackout when he did this. Some alcoholics tend to think if they can’t remember it then it doesn’t count. The courts don’t feel that way.

The felony charges give the government a big stick to hit him with. He’ll enter some kind of rehab/therapy combination and get sober for a while and then plead to a misdemeanor charge with or without jail time. And he might have to pay off settlements to the people he accosted. This may be his bottom, or he may sink even lower in the long run.

10. Sancho says

Sadly, Andy Dick’s been majoring in self-destructive behavior for years now. The unwanted groping of total strangers and the exposure have happened before, and bad things (sometimes very bad, like dying) have a way of happening to people who hang out with him. He’s a very troubled and troubling person.

11. Bear says

Not shure how to address this one. I’ve been groped many times in straight bars. It seems the rougher the bar [biker bar, truck stop bar, redneck bar out in the country] the more this happens. Generally I just pass it off and treat it as a joke.

I have however known of many suposedly straight guys spending extra time in the rest room or out behind the building somewhere. Then later be back at the bar acting as if nothing happened. Guys gotta let off steam I suppose and considering the females at most of these places are say less than desirable or too costly. So boys will be boys and just not talk about it.

Gays want to have equal rights yet they shoot themselves in the foot many times. Things like dressing wild and having drag shows and pseudo leather nights at the bars. Instead of just a regular bar most gay bars look outrageous and have noise levels of jet planes. Yes, it is at times fun to do these things but it deters from being accepted into the mainstream and equality.

Be a man about it and if some other guy acts out and gropes or tries to kiss you pass it off with a laugh. Calling the cops is calling the right wing religious fanatics and not going to do anyone any good.

12. Marcito says

Just for big fun once, I went in drag for Halloween (as Get Smart’s Agent 99, though most thought I was Gloria Vanderbilt) to a gay club in Chelsea and was groped repeatedly. One drunken STR8 (?) dude even tried to make out with me while I was freshening up in the powder room. I’ll never do drag again. Too much hassle from boneheads, who think they’re entitled to invade your space. And to think women face this daily. Groping isn’t cool. Andy Dick puts the DICK in Andy Dick.