Lady Gaga | News | Oprah

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Lady Gaga on Oprah

Gaga1

Lady Gaga performed and did an interview on Oprah today, announcing that she's donating the proceeds of her January 24th concert in NYC to Haiti relief.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Gaga's Atlantic City LGBT Benefit scheduled for Saturday is going to be rescheduled following her collapse last night from dehydration.

Comments

1. Very cool for Gaga to donate her concert $$$.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jan 15, 2010 6:04:15 PM

2. Did it seem like Gaga stayed at Oprah's house to anyone else? Where she was talking about eating Art's food in the kitchen.

Posted by: Drew | Jan 15, 2010 6:41:39 PM

3. I think she meant that she had friend chicken at her hotel prepared for her then there was fried chicken in the studio's kitchen which Oprah referred to as "my kitchen." That's why she said "So you had already had friend chicken this morning."

Posted by: Christopher | Jan 15, 2010 6:46:19 PM

4. Does Lady Gaga come from wealth? Her donations to causes have been substantial lately.

Posted by: Rodney | Jan 15, 2010 7:07:11 PM

5. @ Rodney...it's all the PR machine at work. Until I see actual receipts and transactions, I call it a bluff. Any pop star right now can't be outrageous with spending or there will be a total backlash against them. For Fakey Gaga to say she is doing all this donating is carefully crafted PR.

Don't believe me? Check out today's Gawker which basically proves that all the $ that people have donated to Wyclef's charity front for Haiti relief is more or less a scam.

Posted by: Marcus | Jan 15, 2010 7:24:14 PM

6. >>Does Lady Gaga come from wealth?<<

If you go back and watch the whole thing, Oprah covers her background and yes, she grew up in a very affluent area in New York and attended High School with Paris Hilton. I guess that pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: Keith | Jan 15, 2010 7:43:37 PM

7. I like her a lot and think she is a really good performer and will continue to evolve, but that was kind of messy. Wardrobe malfunctions, bad 80s effects, clobbering the taxi cab with a morning star, running to the piano, too much. Less theatrics more performance, Lady.

Posted by: JR | Jan 15, 2010 7:44:34 PM

8. @Keith: Thanks. I didn't watch the videos. I just wasn't that interested in watching her appearance on Oprah.

Posted by: Rodney | Jan 15, 2010 7:59:43 PM

9. I think the donations probably aren't coming from family money... so much as from the ton of money she's making BECAUSE SHE'S LADY GAGA. Duh.

Posted by: Robert | Jan 15, 2010 8:04:49 PM

10. Great voice.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Jan 15, 2010 8:11:43 PM

11. Where ever the money comes from, it's quite a chunk of change she's handing over. Impressive.

Posted by: Rodney | Jan 15, 2010 8:14:16 PM

12. 1. was she supposed to smash the taxi window? it was messy, whatever it was supposed to be (maybe loss of strength/energy after the collapse)
    2. her cheeks looked fuller than normal which made the contouring really obvious and kinda ... "odd" looking.
    3. She looked pretty down to earth in this interviews, and all though that fervent prayer to "Lord" was creepy with all the monster makeup, i guess i am starting to rethink my feelings that she sold her soul to the devil.
    4. that is all.

Posted by: Joe | Jan 16, 2010 1:04:39 AM

13. She is such an amazing person. I cannot believe she does all these causes. I'm so glad she's a GLBT ally. =)

Posted by: Scott E. | Jan 16, 2010 1:49:54 AM

14. I like her hair! But she needs to drink some water! Drink something bitch! ;) peace

Posted by: Leonard | Jan 16, 2010 2:50:16 AM

15. I'm starting to like her but that was a feeble nod to Wendy O Williams.

Posted by: Jim | Jan 16, 2010 8:08:05 AM

16. she also said that on January 24th, any money from merchandise sold at her website is going to be donated. good for her. where's her money coming from? the 8 million cds shes sold! and she's lady gaga.

Posted by: Kerry | Jan 16, 2010 9:23:22 AM

17. AVG has just started identifying Towleroad as a malicious site. It also started doing that a couple of days ago with Queerty.

I'm sure it's fine, but is it happening to anyone else? Could it be one of the ads -- or a new click-tracking software?

The thing that was trying to load for a while before I got the "malicious site" warning was called something like "static.crowdscience" or similar.

Posted by: Distingue Traces | Jan 16, 2010 11:26:49 AM

18. Even if you are not a fan of her music...it is hard for me to understand how you could not be a fan or at the minimum a little supportive of her as a person, especially when she is so outspoken on GLBT issues. Whenever I read articles posted on this blog about her, and read the comments, it just amazes me how many people say so many negative things about her. Back off bitches and save your negative thoughts for those that truly deserve them...cause you ain't bein very Lady Gaga!

Posted by: Phillip | Jan 16, 2010 12:15:25 PM

19. No other artist out there goes out and performs 3 freaking songs from their new album in just ONE tv performance!!! She is a working monster and it is paying off!
    Very talented, humble as most artists SHOULD be, and simply put...AWESOME !!!

Posted by: Ventura | Jan 16, 2010 1:18:13 PM

20. Hmmm... The Gaga backlash is pretty predictable. I think she's unusually genuine as a popstar. I don't COMPLETELY like any of her tunes, but I can enjoy most of them and I like seeing what she's going to come up with next. She says some sort of dumb things from time to time but overall is pretty impressive for a 23-year-old popstar who hasn't been in the public eye for very long. I'm not particularly invested in her, but I find her extremely likeable and think she's smart enough to continue entertaining me and build on that. U can't quite fathom the hatred she elicits from some folks. I just ignore people I'm not interested in, unless they're doing something offensive.

Posted by: Kakapo | Jan 16, 2010 6:21:53 PM