Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News | SNL

Watch: SNL Takes on 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

Otr

SNL took on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" last night in an opening segment spoofing Greta van Susteren's 'On the Record'. They came back to it later briefly in a View 'Hot Topics' skit.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This can't be. Jon Stewart said Greta Van Sustern was a real-life objective personality at Fox. See his appearance on O'Reill.

PS Love the nameless "random blond reporter" bit.

Posted by: Rodney | Feb 7, 2010 11:53:13 AM

2. Painfully lame, in concept and execution --like 99% of everything SNL has done for years. John McShame's vicious homohating flip flop was the easy ripe target begging to be mocked, not simply pasting revisits to the Fox News is unfair and Greta got bad plastic surgery and the View ladies are freaks schticks on top of DADT,

And, of course, they were followed up the kind of skit that reveals the producers actual attitudes towards gays: the even lamer skit with Ashton playing a minccccccccccing "hung like a horsssssssssse" ssssssssslave ssssssssshoving grapessssssssss in hissssssssss ssssssssssilly master'sssssss mouth.

Oh, for the days of the hot gay beer commercial around the swimming pool and the SS Butt Pirate or whatever it was called.

Posted by: Michael | Feb 7, 2010 3:04:51 PM

3. The Glenn Beck was spot on.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 7, 2010 4:32:18 PM

4. Now that I agree with.

I have an old friend from high school whom I'm now glad lives 3000 miles away because not only does she and her husband think Glenn Beck is God, but actually went to the Tea Baggers march on DC last summer and crowed about it in their Xmas newsletter [though, I didn't get one this year, probably because I've e-verbally torpedoed similary crap she's sent me in the past.]

Posted by: Michael | Feb 7, 2010 4:45:19 PM

5. oh, michael, fuck you.

both skits were good parody and satire.

Posted by: nic | Feb 7, 2010 4:53:32 PM

6. The Gloves are OFF... these jokers on FOX are clowns! It's time we start to speak up and speak up LOUDLY about what idiots they are!

Posted by: Jim | Feb 7, 2010 10:31:38 PM

7. I know a couple teabaggers too many myself. My mother is more sanguine about her teabagger friends; she just agrees to disagree with them and refuses to discuss politics.

Posted by: Jerry | Feb 8, 2010 12:39:38 AM

8. Sarah Palin sometimes sounds like she's doing really bad imitations of old Paul Lynde. If she'd just get the laugh down....

Posted by: JD | Feb 8, 2010 1:38:40 AM

9. Surprised Andy didn't post photos (or short clips) of Ashton in his underwear -- from the past and from Saturday night.

Oh, I know why -- Lady Gag-me wasn't in the photo!

The best thing about the show (after the cold opening mentioned above) was Kutcher in his skivvies, and Andy ignored it. Maybe not enough hair on his chest and back. (Andy likes them bears!)

Posted by: WizardBoy | Feb 8, 2010 3:40:22 AM