Comments

1. says

This person makes me embarrassed to be from Arizona. He lost his House of Representatives seat to a Democrat the last time he ran. I guess now he has to go after another republican because Democrats in Arizona think he’s an idiot.

This last comment proves it.

2. Daniel says

This argument is insane. I suppose he thinks people could also marry a spider, or a flea, a roach, your local raccoon, or friendly squirrel?

How will a horse sign a marriage certificate? Can the horse file a joint tax return? Would a horse be required to take an STD test before marriage?

He’s a Teabagging Lunatic

3. Disgusted American says

I have yet to encounter a horse who can say “I do.”

Posted by: TC | Mar 15, 2010 1:27:20 PM

I guess this guy consulted Mr Ed…he went right to the source,and asked the horse..who gave him an answer that he endorced….he thinks he’s on a steady course – for imagining talking to Mr Ed…….cause the horse says “I Do Wilbur”! LOL

4. Larry says

It would be great if some media outlets would run with this and tear him apart, but it appears more and more, outspoken conservatives get a free pass to spout whatever BS they want to. From this stupidity to Giuliani’s claims that there were no terrorist attacks during GW Bush’s term, to Palin’s linking Obama with radical terrorists, no one calls these people on their lies. And far too many gullible people believe them.

5. walter says

this man has the iq of something less than a horse. the republicans are making them shelf so far out of the main stream as to be comical/no pathetic. barry goldwater must really be spinning in his grave if this is the best arizona republicans have to offer. the republicans have become the new know nothing party of the 21st century, which is good since most them live in the 19th century

6. jamal49 says

One gets the feeling that republicons are into bestiality for all the times they mention such things when trying to argue against marriage equality. But, don’t laugh. That is the logic (?) that they are using and will continue to use: that the “institution” of marriage is under threat by horse-f*cking homosexuals. And, believe me, his tea-bagging base buys into it big-time.

7. DN says

Amen to that, XMan. I live in Arizona, too, and it’s nonsense like this that will make my departure all the sweeter. Once I’ve got a job arranged in a more equality-minded state, I’m GTFOing this place.

That being said, looking at Prop 102, and reading azcentral, I don’t think these comments will cost him the election. And that’s the central problem. Until political candidates start *losing* elections because they alienated us, change will be excrutiatingly slow.

8. Rob says

This man is an embarassment to all of Arizona. I mean no ill will, but I will ask the question, “why can’t he just die already?” Then next step is getting Arpaio and his boy-toy Andy Thomas out of office.

9. ty says

I sat at a table and had lunch with this blowhard, he is from South Carolina and is trying to bring the bible belt fear mongering into Az politics. He was thrown out of office for impropriety and is trying a come back. Embarrassing, and sadly representative of the majority of the electorate here in AZ

10. Kelly says

What great work Rachel does. The majority opinion in the Goodridge v. [Massachusetts] Department of Public Health case uses the term “intimacy” only four times, none of which amount to what Mr. Hayworth claims. And no where in the opinion — majority, concurring or dissentiong opinions — does the phrase “establishment of intimacy” or anything close it appear. If one is going to claim to quote directly from a court decision and then draw important inferences, one ought not to make up the quotations.

11. Barbed's Wire says

I read your comment regarding Hayworth. I absolutely agree with you!!!!! However if my choice is among McCain, Huppenthal and whoever else has the cajones to run against our beloved …….icky, then I will vote for him.
    McCain won’t even consider changing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. He said he would, but we all know how far his word goes these days!!!
    Please continue posting your views. Many of us agree with you, but we also may have reasons for our actions. I will NOT vote for anyone who openly announces he/she is against GLBT issues!

12. says