New York | Rahm Emanuel

Eric Massa Describes Allegations Against Him

6a00d8341c730253ef0120a90a0452970bYesterday, Rep. Eric Massa took to the the airwaves of his weekly radio program to vent about his recent troubles. Last week, amid rumors of sexual harassment allegations, Massa initially said that he would not seek re-election at the end of his term because of health concerns. He then suddenly announced a few days later that he would step down from his post (the resignation takes effect today) due to those allegations.

Now Massa claims that he has been set up by high ranking members of the Democratic party so they are able to successfully pass the health care bill. He also revealed on his radio show some details about the alleged inappropriate behavior that he's been accused of. Massa recounts an incident that took place at a wedding:

“I sat down at the table where my whole staff was, all of them by the way bachelors. One of them looked at me and as they would do after, I don’t know, 15 gin and tonics, and goodness only knows how many bottles of champagne, a staff member made an intonation to me that maybe I should be chasing after the bridesmaid and his points were clear and his words were far more colorful than that,” Massa said. “And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and said, ‘Well, what I really ought to be doing is fracking you.’ And then [I] tossled the guy’s hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where it wasn’t right for me to be there. Now was that inappropriate of me? Absolutely. Am I guilty? Yes.”

He also described a steamy (of sorts) encounter he had with a naked Rahm Emanuel in the shower:

"Let me tell you a story about Rahm Emanuel… I was in the congressional gym… I went into the showers which, by the way, I for the life of me, can't figure out why they took all of the shower curtains off the shower stalls in the congressional shower…the last thing I want to look is fellow colleagues naked…I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jaybird, and here comes Rahm Emanuel, not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the President's budget."

Listen to the audio of the radio show here.

Comments

1. Rahm Emanuel naked? My brain stopped working there.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 8, 2010 3:30:38 PM

2. I don't think he's really helping himself out.

Dude sounds like a total creep.

Posted by: Aaron Rowland | Mar 8, 2010 3:40:07 PM

3. What a total douche bag. I'm sure his wife and kids are proud of him.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 8, 2010 3:56:16 PM

4. I somehow have a more favorable opinion of Rep. Massa after listening to that interview. Well, maybe just a deeper understanding of him as a person. TMYK!

Posted by: Tim | Mar 8, 2010 4:10:41 PM

5. What?

Unless he grabbed crotch, I fail to see a serious offense, or any real offense for that matter.

Posted by: BobN | Mar 8, 2010 4:17:19 PM

6. If Massa can't stand the heat, he should get out of the bath house.

Posted by: xerxes | Mar 8, 2010 5:46:50 PM

7. http://fablog.ehrensteinland.com/2010/03/08/rahm-me-while-im-naked/

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 8, 2010 5:54:09 PM

8. This dude is sick. He used to hit on my gay friends here in DC a lot. Total creep. I hope he goes down. Apparently he's going to be on Glenn Beck all day tomorrow - what a true douche.

Posted by: KFLO | Mar 8, 2010 6:25:30 PM

9. What he says has the ring of truth. If he does succumb to cancer as expected then it's probably true, in which case he was treated very badly.

Posted by: anon | Mar 8, 2010 6:56:03 PM

10. I am definitely not a fan of Emanuel, but that's politics - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Whining about political tactics from Emanuel is silly.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 8, 2010 8:18:14 PM

11. WTF is this man talking about?

the democrats put hot guys in your staff, because they knew you would hit on them?

that is what he is saying. why did you not resist the temptation?

who told him resign? stay there like the others hos( ensign and craig).

Posted by: johnosahon | Mar 8, 2010 8:38:07 PM

12. I disagree, Aaron. What aide mouths off like that to his boss? And *who* can't handle the heat of politics, Mike & Xerxes? Sounds like it's Massa's aide that is the baby here. David, your blog is hilarious - keep it coming! KFLO and John O.Sahon, I don't believe your insinuations at all.
    Rahm Emanuel has tried to shape both congress and his president—perhaps at the behest of a foreign intelligence agency—in favor of the Iraq War and the so-called "Blue Dog" agenda. There seems to be a serious power struggle going on right now, with the NYT and WaPo weighing in on the side of Rahm-bo (or is it Rimbaud? ;) ). Frankly, I hope that Eric Massa succeeds in taking Rahm (né Auerbach) Emanuel down with him.

Posted by: Antaeus | Mar 8, 2010 10:46:25 PM