Towleroad Guide to the Tube #618

JARRETT BARRIOS: The President of GLAAD speaks at the organization's recent media awards in New York.

ARRESTED IN CLASS: A UW-Milwaukee student cuffed after allegedly throwing a water bottle, and threatening the class and teacher.

JOHN BARROWMAN: His debut on Desperate Housewives.

BITTER: John McCain on the passage of the health care reform bill.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. That was not an appropriate way to behave in a college classroom, but the police? Hmm. I dunno.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 22, 2010 4:45:22 PM

2. Sure she was being an asshole, but come on!

Posted by: REYnoldo | Mar 22, 2010 4:53:15 PM

3. Wow that Black sistah has real issues. Amazing that she BLAMES others for her bad attitude. She must be the child of the welfare handout society. I bet she thinks the world owes here everything.

Too bad she is not smart enough to know when to stop she sure felt smart enough to give attitude.

"You are making me continue to do this" OH yeah that's rich.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 22, 2010 4:54:53 PM

4. Cuffing her was for the safety of the officers, the other people in the room and the woman herself. Some people have no ability to control their temper...so they made sure she did. Good for them.

Posted by: Geoff | Mar 22, 2010 5:09:11 PM

5. McCain says that the republicans were not included in the discussion and the says "I should know I was there from the beginning." What? You just said you werent included. And to drudge up Chicago-style politics? That didnt work in 2008, Senator, it wont work in 2010. Retire, already.

Posted by: James in Chicago | Mar 22, 2010 5:20:59 PM

6. Thank you, Sargon, for that racist perspective.

Posted by: 24play | Mar 22, 2010 5:24:40 PM

7. If that lippy brat had been metaphorically cuffed by her parents when she acted out as a child, maybe she wouldn't have been such a sociopath at an older age. I am glad she was held accountable for her actions. Maybe she'll be scared straight (can I use that term here?) and become a more positive member of society.

Posted by: Pinky | Mar 22, 2010 6:52:24 PM

8. Sad but in this day and age when someone acts out with that kind of anger you have to make sure the safety of all is considered. She was out of control.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2010 7:28:53 PM

9. 24play you're very welcome. It's also sexist. YES SHE IS A BLACK FEMALE behaving very poorly. I have no problem calling it AS IT IS. I have no problem dealing with Race issues and America's horrible racial past. I've moved forward. I encourage you to do the same.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Mar 22, 2010 7:31:09 PM

10. 3 hefty cops can't escort one woman from a classroom these days? It was an inappropriately heavy response and as uncalled for as the woman's attitude.

Posted by: Will | Mar 22, 2010 10:05:01 PM

11. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Cops put that dumb black cunt in her place!

Posted by: GrabbinNewscum | Mar 22, 2010 10:49:52 PM

12. @ Will: Exactly. Could have been more succinct myself.

Posted by: David R. | Mar 23, 2010 1:33:51 AM

13. @Will: Agreed. "I'm not even fighting against you!" is a sign that this was too much force.

Posted by: Andrew F | Mar 23, 2010 11:31:26 AM