California | Meg Whitman | News | Republican Party

Watch: CA Gubernatorial Hopeful Meg Whitman Won't Take Questions, Blocks Cameras at Press Conference She Called

Whitman

Running against the media is apparently Meg Whitman's campaign strategy.

The California GOP gubernatorial hopeful calls a press conference and then proceeds to refuse to answer questions, block cameras, and escort the press out of the room.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via boy culture and daily kos)

Comments

1. Am I the only person who thinks she looks like that character Kristen Wiig played, with the baby arms? All I can think of when I see Meg Whitman is the image of her singing with her sisters in poofy crinolines. "With my by my-self... "

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 11, 2010 11:42:42 AM

2. Wow, that is so true! I'll never look at Meg Whitman the same way again.

Posted by: dan | Mar 11, 2010 11:53:48 AM

3. Bitch.. I can't believe Princeton has a residential college named for her. Along with a Frist campus center.. great, just great.

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 11, 2010 12:17:32 PM

4. All I see when I look at Meg Whitman is the Red Queen from Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland."

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Mar 11, 2010 12:18:14 PM

5. Meg Whitman was born Megan Twitman. She had the T legally removed in 1984 in anticiption of negative campaign ads.

This lady is a lying piece of trailer trash. She needs to be investigated for the Corruption she fostered at Goldman Sachs. Can anyone spell Dwindling Employee Pension Benefit Program?

Posted by: New jersey girl | Mar 11, 2010 12:27:02 PM

6. The face she's making in the pic at the top practically screams "I'm a bitch!"

Posted by: ravewulf | Mar 11, 2010 12:38:18 PM

7. It's the fivehead, people. It's nothing a sent of bangs can't fix.

Posted by: Jane Roe | Mar 11, 2010 1:18:18 PM

8. This is sad on so many levels but top of the list is that this bungled presser showcases the level of ineptitude of someone who considers herself capable of governing the state of California. Pathetic.

Posted by: Curtis | Mar 11, 2010 1:31:54 PM

9. They say she is not in charge!

I say she is simply another useless billionaire that feels we are all stupid enough to elect her, with blindfolds on!

Are we?

Posted by: THETRUTH | Mar 11, 2010 2:32:13 PM

10. Meg is short for Megalomaniac.

Posted by: Timzilla | Mar 11, 2010 2:35:11 PM

11. she'll get away with it for a little longer than a man, because women are expected to be cockteases, and (cue finger down throat for the number of times this has been abused) "it's a woman's perogative to change her mind".

a man is expected to be direct.

i hope she fries for this stunt. what a waste of time for everyone. but like i said, some people are going to expect this crap because she is a woman. kind of like how palin only really gets away with her stunts because she's a woman.

Posted by: zeta | Mar 11, 2010 2:41:10 PM

12. I didn't know ken starr did drag. pretty good. Pretty pretty good.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 11, 2010 2:59:05 PM

13. what a stupid, ignorant fool she is.

Posted by: paul cabral jr. | Mar 11, 2010 4:21:42 PM

14. HUH? You call a press conference and then refuse to answer questions,let me guess this must be the Greta Garbo approach. Man you guys out in Cali gotta give her the heave ho! Or as my sainted Irish granny used to say "give her the the gate boyos!"

Posted by: robert | Mar 11, 2010 9:08:13 PM

15. Sometimes I wonder whether she is playing a joke saying "look at me I want to be Governor" and at the last minute she'll say "gotcha"

Posted by: Alex | Jul 11, 2010 3:58:11 PM