Bryan Safi | Constance McMillen | Education | News

BigGayDeal.com

There is Nothing Gay About Prom

Prom

Infomania's Bryan Safi looks at the Constance McMillen saga, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. OMG. PLEASE stop posting this guy... He's just not funny. Wake up Current!

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 12:39:27 PM

2. I think he's great!

Posted by: Jamie | Apr 16, 2010 12:45:17 PM

3. D.Carney - lighten up..this guy is too FUNNY!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Apr 16, 2010 12:45:33 PM

4. I disagree. I find many of his segments to be hilarious.

Posted by: Bastian | Apr 16, 2010 12:46:40 PM

5. I think he's terrific and funny. I liked his earlier ones dealing with gay tropes in media the most, but they're all good.

Also: he is adorable. And furry. An adorable furry bundle of funny.

Posted by: Strepsi | Apr 16, 2010 1:10:09 PM

6. Sorry guys... this sarcastic (and bitter) brand of gay humor has become utterly predictable, obvious and cliche. I'll take Jefferey and Cole Casserole over this dreck any day.

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 1:22:46 PM

7. I remember a scene from Boiler Room (i think it was an outtake) where the Wall Street guys were sitting next to a table of gay guys in a restaurant. One of the Wall Street guyssaid he wished they'd put all gay people on an island somewhere and one of the gay guys said 'they did, and you're on it' (referring to Manhattan). I thought it was hilarious.

Posted by: MT | Apr 16, 2010 1:28:43 PM

8. I love Brian Saffi!

This segment wasn't his best, though.

The other one to check out is Sarah Hakins, who basically does the same thing but about women (though she was the first to), and who's just hilarious.

Posted by: James | Apr 16, 2010 1:38:31 PM

9. ... to say nothing of the fact that his delivery is amateurish at best. Best leave this type of thing to pros like Samantha Bee of The Daily Show. I mean honestly, he's as annoying as those soundstage lackeys who Joel McHale insists on dragging on to The Soup every week. (I'll give you that Sarah Haskins on infomania is sometimes very funny though James.)

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 1:49:53 PM

10. Samantha Bee used to be funny. Now it's depressing to watch her try.

Posted by: Rodney | Apr 16, 2010 2:03:57 PM

11. Haters gonna hate I guess... it is the internet after all, lol. I however think that once again, Brian makes his point eloquently and hilariously! Plus he's adorable :)

Posted by: RussellJ | Apr 16, 2010 2:17:39 PM

12. "I think they should all be put on an island"

I AGREE! I think they should put us all on an island and then we secede from the union.

Please vote for your choice:

Hawaii (well on of the islands)

Staten Island (Manhattan just a ferry away...and those trips could be Fun!)

Puerto Rico

Guam

Any other US islands large enough?
    St. Thomas/St. Croix isn't big enough!

Posted by: qjersey201 | Apr 16, 2010 2:22:46 PM

13. Samantha Bee is funny? Well, maybe if you pee into a bag that's strapped to your belt. She's not funny at all to normals, and neither is her husband Jason Jones. There really aren't a lot of funny people on that show anymore since rob riggle left...larry wilmore and john hodgeman are all that's left. Gone are the days of rob cordry, steve carell and steven colbert. Oh, and this guy isn't completely unfunny...why is it that gay comedians and female comedians are rarely funny? Female comedians are only funny when they're immitating men (e.g., sarah silverman, lisa lampanelli) or are butchy lesbians.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 16, 2010 3:03:44 PM

14. Staten Island gets my vote. I hate hot weather climates.

Posted by: Rodney | Apr 16, 2010 3:16:10 PM

15. @D. CARNEY. Instead of complaining about these Infomania Bryan Safi clips, SKIP PAST THEM AND WATCH SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Posted by: Edd | Apr 16, 2010 3:35:18 PM

16. Your grandfather Art wasn't funny, either, Carney. Plus, TANK agrees with you, so you lose!

Posted by: Christopher | Apr 16, 2010 4:34:05 PM

17. "Tank", "normals?" really? Bee is the last thing remotely funny on The Daily Show, and that's not saying much... She did have an hysterical bit on a "Men's Retreat" wilderness group a month or so ago. Anyway, no one can hold a candle to Colbert as far as I'm concerned (loved Cordry too BTW.) Oh and "Edd", I'll complain about whatever I want to wherever I want to. In my opinion this guy stinks. Real, real bad. It seems like the blogs I read feel the need to link to this guy's skit the day after it's on - not because it's a quality piece of work, but because it's gay (first), and funny a distant (if not non-existant) second. Come on, up your standards people.

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 4:42:21 PM

18. Yeah...the condescending/clueless interview thing mixed with expressions like "suck it," to which we're all supposed to be amused because the person who she's telling to suck it shouldn't be....and she's a gal....oy. Not funny. If you think so, you lack a sense of humor.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 16, 2010 4:48:30 PM

19. Do you also christian comedy, carney?

Posted by: TANK | Apr 16, 2010 4:51:27 PM

20. And YOU, tank, lack the balls to attach your name to your comments (and the creativity to come up with anything better than "tank") oy indeed...

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 5:43:08 PM

21. @james Sarah is no longer doing Current's Target Women.

Posted by: Alex Paris | Apr 16, 2010 6:24:27 PM

22. This guy's adorable. No, this wasn't one of the better "That's Gay"s, but that's fine.

It does make me wonder how you get a job like this. I mean, I'd kill to do this sort of thing.

Posted by: Billy | Apr 16, 2010 7:00:47 PM

23. Give them a call Billy - they're obviously taking anyone and you'll probably do a better job.

Posted by: D. Carney | Apr 16, 2010 7:43:09 PM

24. My real name's a non-issue. It wouldn't change a thing, douche. This is actually a nickname that, for better or worse, stuck.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 16, 2010 7:56:02 PM

25. Who's the geeky cutie on the right?

Posted by: Latebrosus | Apr 16, 2010 9:55:00 PM