Comic Books | Henry Rollins | News

BigGayDeal.com

Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig Drawn Up as Gay Lovers

Henry_glenn

Punk metal musicians Glenn Danzig and Henry Rollins are portrayed as gay lovers in a new comic book.

Writes creator Tom Neely:

"Henry & Glenn Forever is a love story to end all love stories! The premise of this Cantankerous Titles-released comic is explained at the front of the zine: 'Henry and Glenn are very good 'friends.' They are also 'room mates.' Daryl and John live next door. They are satanists.' What follows is ultra-metal violence and cryfest diary entries, cringing self-doubt and mega-hilarious emo-meltdowns. Who knew Danzig was such a vulnerable, self-conscious sweety-pie? Who knew Rollins was such a caring spouse? Who knew Hall and Oates were so infernally evil—yet so considerate? Well, illustrating/writing team Igloo Tornado (featuring super-awesome comixdude Tom Neely) did and they kicked down 64 fully-illustrated pages with it. Genius on all fronts. Terrifyingly cute. Cutely terrifying. As the real-life Rollins says, quoted on the back cover, 'Has Glenn seen this? Trust me, he would not be impressed.'"

Comments

1. fuck....! I'd pay to see that movie.......!

Posted by: Jeff | May 7, 2010 12:18:26 PM

2. It's hard to pin Rollins down, he doesn't like personal limitations or people telling him what he should or should not feel.

Posted by: anon | May 7, 2010 12:53:07 PM

3. I love it! Excellent! I'm a big comic book fan! Can I get this comic for reading on the iPad?

Posted by: The OS2Guy | May 7, 2010 1:04:49 PM

4. This old punk rocker thinks this is the best thing ever! haha.

Posted by: Missanthrope | May 7, 2010 3:16:22 PM

5. Having met both I think they are both straight...but would still do them....

Posted by: alan brickman | May 7, 2010 7:30:18 PM

6. Uh, scuse me guys, can I just sneak inbetween you and stay there for, you know, ever? K, thanks.

Posted by: RugbySkin | May 7, 2010 8:59:25 PM

7. I have met Henry and he does have the sense of humor to enjoy this, Danzig maybe not so much. Are there any sexual situations illustrated and if so,which one is the top?

Posted by: contragenic | May 8, 2010 11:39:38 AM

8. this is just too cute. i was neighbors with glen......so intense. henry seems so much more laidback.

can't wait to get the comic!

Posted by: boston mo | May 9, 2010 10:35:47 AM

9. Whatever! I think Henry Rollins would be ok with this, and enjoy the satire. I understand he goes on tour entertaining the troops; I have so much respect for an entertainer who does that. He's an honorable gent really.

The brochure reminded me how years back, my partner and I went to a poetry/song/story monologue session that Henry was doing in Dublin. We laughed all the way through at a group of heavy metal/goth/longhaired types who sat there fricking bewildered all night, probably wondering where the band was and why there wasn't any heavy rock music playing. Just priceless!

Posted by: Sean R | May 26, 2010 1:14:37 PM