Florida | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Trans GOP Candidate Donna Milo Runs for Congress in Florida

Milo

The Miami Herald profiles Donna Milo, a transgender candidate in the GOP primary for Congress, running to replace Debbie Wasserman Schultz in Congress.

Milo doesn't like labels, she tells the paper: "I'm an American. I make my way on the basis of ability. My triumphs are based on my abilities, not on a label or a crutch."

Milo, a member of the National Rifle Association, believes it is still safe to do offshore drilling in Florida and believes that the country is in danger of being lost to socialism, according to an interview she recently gave to the Shark Tank:

"Having fled a country that we lost to socialism, certainly I can say that there are some parallels that are happening in our country that we would like to stop."

Watch the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. She sounds like a fucking moron!

Posted by: ronnykmarshall | May 18, 2010 1:36:30 PM

2. Stupid doesn't know a gender.

Posted by: TANK | May 18, 2010 1:41:01 PM

3. A transgender republican NRA and offshore drilling supporter?! Sounds like an April Fool's joke...I'm sure the ever-tolerant GOP will welcome her with open arms, and she'll easily win the election...

glad she doesn't like 'labels', but many in the party she aligns herself with LIVE for labeling, and demonizing those who are LGBT...methinks this woman might be in for a rude awakening...

I'd suggest a brain transplant in addition to her gender reassignment.

Posted by: Dennis | May 18, 2010 1:43:11 PM

4. But she did hire a damn fine airbrusher for her ad!

Posted by: Jesse | May 18, 2010 1:43:29 PM

5. She sounds awful

Posted by: Jonnyj | May 18, 2010 1:45:30 PM

6. oh good... transgender, short sighted, and delusional.

Posted by: james | May 18, 2010 1:47:27 PM

7. yeah, all of those things...but, is it just the series of myspace angles, or does donna look more like a woman than meg whitman and barbara bush combined? Granted, that's not hard to achieve. Then, of course, she talks and the illusion is over.

Posted by: TANK | May 18, 2010 1:52:01 PM

8. What is galling is that I know lots of transfolks who need but can't afford surgery and treatment to correct their gender incongruity. I'm glad Ms. Milo got hers, but how about letting others have a bit of access without the red scare hyperbole?

Posted by: LetSodomRing | May 18, 2010 1:57:04 PM

9. Also, good nickname for her: Fidel Castrati.

Posted by: LetSodomRing | May 18, 2010 2:27:17 PM

10. Pretty till she opens her mouth and a wrench falls out.

Posted by: Mike | May 18, 2010 2:36:43 PM

11. This woman is an embarassment to the trans community and fights against the interests of trans folk in Florida.

But can we cut it with the attacks based on her trans status? Fidel Castrati? People here should know better. We don't make fun of Log Cabin assholes for being gay, double standard anyone?

Posted by: misanthrope | May 18, 2010 3:31:06 PM

12. Are you kidding? I make fun of log cabin republicans for being gay. Though, they enjoy it.

Posted by: TANK | May 18, 2010 4:08:26 PM

13. Well, so much for the argument that trannies are of above-average smarts....

What a tragic individual....

Posted by: TonyJazz | May 18, 2010 4:32:07 PM

14. We had a trans Republican candidate run against Bernie Sanders in 2000 and 2002, I think. Lost by a landslide. Ours was much older and uglier: Karen Kerin.

Posted by: Kevinvt | May 18, 2010 4:57:47 PM

15. Lol.....What a fool. There is no way this person can beat Debbie Wasserman-Shultz; she has a high profile, is a great advocate for democratic and progressive policies, and is a breast cancer survivor. She is one of the good people in Congress.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | May 18, 2010 5:30:00 PM

16. I would never vote for someone that stupid!

Posted by: KFLO | May 18, 2010 5:44:44 PM

17. Trans-people are supposed to be of above-average intelligence???

really??

I've never heard that. How so?

Posted by: Marty | May 18, 2010 7:31:23 PM

18. If only to watch the Republicans tiptoe their way around her (she is licensed to carry and use a rifle afterall) with a black plastic garbage bag and duct tape, go ahead - let's follow her progress with a videocam.

Posted by: Manny E | May 18, 2010 9:58:49 PM

19. Hypocrisy in the flesh! I am pretty sure trans people cannot change their birth certificates in Florida so good luck trying to get married to a man in that state! (It might be hard finding a decent guy to marry a bigot)

Posted by: Jamesstone | May 22, 2010 6:01:37 PM

20. wishing you best of luck in your campain heared you on out q and couldnt help but put my 2 cents in on the matter wish more people out ther had more sence

Posted by: veronica purl | May 23, 2010 5:08:31 AM

21. I don't like her politics but like every American she is entitled to them. What's really disturbing to me is the sophomoric comments regarding her gender and physical looks. Attack her politics all day long but stop acting like ignorant hypocrites, your true colors are very ugly.

Posted by: wilson | May 23, 2010 12:51:33 PM

22. I like what she has to say.

As someone who has worked for both Republicans and Democrats in past elections, I will gladly support Donna for this election.

If you vote based on the issues, Donna has the best answers and will be a better Representative in Congress.

Posted by: Clairese Lippincott | Jul 26, 2010 5:55:52 PM

23. If you identify with xenophobic fact-twisted race-baiting dressed up as patriotism, then, like clairese, like what Donna Milo has to say.

Posted by: tweedle | Jul 27, 2010 9:33:42 AM

24. Didn't Dan Hartman have a role like that on SNL?

Posted by: Dave | Aug 25, 2010 12:14:23 PM