I'm Not Gay | Illinois | Mark Kirk | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mark Kirk Says People Think He's Gay Because He Got a Divorce

Markkirk

Chicago's WGN asked Illinois GOP Senate candidate Rep. Mark Kirk about the gay rumors that resurfaced this week after blogger Mike Rogers wrote a post saying that Kirk had outed himself to Rogers at a party.

Reporter: You said you are not gay? Why do the bloggers keep saying that?

Kirk: Because I guess I got divorced, but I hope to remarry one day.

Reporter: To a woman?

Kirk: Absolutely.

Watch the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. And I'm sure that woman will adore the purse that just fell out of his mouth.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 4, 2010 6:57:41 PM

2. LOL, give that reporter a job on a national news network! Quick thinking response with "To a woman?" w/o missing a beat.

Posted by: Alvin | Jun 4, 2010 6:59:58 PM

3. no eye contact, nervous laughter...

Posted by: vatm | Jun 4, 2010 7:03:11 PM

4. Is he rumored to be a top or a bottom?

Posted by: MickW | Jun 4, 2010 8:22:48 PM

5. I would have loved it if the reporter's follow up question was "To a 'biological' woman?"

Posted by: txstevo | Jun 4, 2010 9:44:35 PM

6. He does have a sort of "Paul Lynde" quality to his speech.

Posted by: txstevo | Jun 4, 2010 9:49:12 PM

7. He's pathetic.

Posted by: Stick | Jun 5, 2010 1:13:31 AM

8. Dear Mark Kirk: People don't think you're gay because you got divorced. People think you're gay because you sucked their dicks.

Posted by: JOE 2 | Jun 5, 2010 3:56:22 AM

9. We should stop calling them gay. We should call them CloHo's: closeted homosexuals. They deserve their own epithet so they don't stain us.

Posted by: shane | Jun 5, 2010 9:06:12 AM

10. Error? Mistake? Lying fuck.

Posted by: van | Jun 5, 2010 9:28:40 AM

11. I'm with Shane...I think there needs to be another term for these guys because they aren't gay. They just like having sex with men. Here's the hair-splitting reason they don't consider themselves gay -- they believe gay is a lifestyle (whatever that means...being in a LTR with my partner and raising two kids my "lifestyle" is very different than a young guy who loves to go out dancing, partying, etc. So I'm not sure what the stereotypical "gay lifestyle" is other than there isn't one...) But my point is, these Clohos (to steal Shane's moniker) have convinced themselves that having sex with men doesn't make them gay, gay is living opening and embracing that sexuality rather than hiding it.

Yes, it's pathetic. It's a sorry, self-loathing, cowardly way to live your life (I know, I've been there at one point in my life...) but they are forced to rationalize their entire existence or they wouldn't be able to even get out of bed in the morning.

But Kirk seems incapable of telling the whole truth anyway (sorry, "gosh, I was just too busy to actually know what award I got and where I served, dizzy me!" doesn't cut it.) And if that isn't reason alone to never want him representing you, then his weak, mealy-mouthed apologies certainly should.

And by the way, don't these family value, right wing, tin foil hat, Don't Tread On Me (but it's okay if I tread on you) Christians know that divorce is a sin? Remarriage is even worse? (hello, Rush Limbaugh...) Jesus Christ never said a single word about homosexuality but he certainly did about divorce. Another truth they all seem to avoid in a book they attack other people with. Nice.

Posted by: Bart | Jun 5, 2010 9:51:10 AM

12. Oh, bitch please.

The flip flopping in some of your previous position ALONE tells us how versatile you are Miss Kirk.

Once upon a time you were a Rethug that I actually liked even if I disagreed with your positions. You were a voice of moderation in a hot mess of an Illinois Republican Party that is in the process of going all wingnutty. (and the Ilinois Repub;ican Party is in sad, sad shape and has been since the beginning of the George Ryan scandals that strated up just prior to his 1998 election).

So go ahead and be a wingnut and a self-loathing faggot, if you wish. You will lose a Senatorial race that all partisanship aside, you really should win.

Dumb ass.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jun 5, 2010 11:46:24 AM

13. No Mr. Kirk. People think you are gay because, well, you are.

Posted by: Verdon Coleman | Jun 5, 2010 12:26:26 PM

14. You mean those guys you had sex with in college were "misinformed"?

Posted by: Vegas Tea Room | Jun 5, 2010 1:58:20 PM

15. Well..if he can find some woman to marry him next time..I hope she won't mind that he is fantasizing about ..let's see.. the hot construction dude he saw the same day with the big hairy forearms and the huge pecs and the muscle butt that was so well defined in his tight jeans....yea. I hope that is okay with her....

Posted by: JamesStone | Jun 5, 2010 4:53:04 PM

16. can i be a fan of shane and chitown kev? i don't need to say anything after their comments.

Posted by: james | Jun 5, 2010 7:13:04 PM

17. Love that "ABSOLUTELY". It's so, um, masculine, so hetero, so "marriage is between one man one woman".

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 6, 2010 4:25:00 PM

18. Of course he isn't gay.

or is his divorce due to the same thing that has affected about 9-10 gay people I've met. They all tried to be str8, married opposite sex etc.

And in the end - 5-20 years, they divorced, most amicably. A couple were even responsible for introducing their ex to the str8 person that the ex eventually married.

The homophobes are so vicious because they are often secretly gay and hate themselves. And throw it out on others to hide who they are. They all need to be outed if they are active homophobes. Sri, they made their bed, they belong in it. With the pigs of the right wing church leaderships, who would have a merry old time in the same bed.

Posted by: SteveMD2 | Jun 7, 2010 12:38:34 AM