Arizona | Immigration | News | Steve King

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Steve King: Illegal Immigrants Can be Detected by 'Sixth Sense'

Steve_king

Anti-gay bigot and marriage equality foe Rep.Steve King (R-IA) appeared on the G. Gordon Liddy Show yesterday morning and showed he's not only an anti-gay bigot. Here's what he said about Obama and AG Eric Holder in a discussion of the Arizona immigration law:

"When you look at this administration, I'm offended by Eric Holder and the President also, their posture. It looks like Eric Holder said that white people in America are cowards when it comes to race. And I don't know what the basis of that is but I'm not a coward when it comes to that and I'm happy to talk about these things and I think we should. But the President has demonstrated that he has a default mechanism in him that breaks down the side of race — on the side that favors the black person."

And, last night on the House floor in a speech about the Arizona immigration law, King said profiling can be done by "what kind of shoes people wear, what kind of accident [sic] they have, um, the, the type of grooming they might have, there're, there're all kinds of indicators there and sometimes it's just a sixth sense and they can't put their finger on it." King added that racial profiling is okay because, well, as a white guy in a suit he once got a cab that way.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Amazing Carnak" King. What a shame he couldn't have applied his skills to 9/11, the financial crash, the BP blowout, etc.

Posted by: Hue-Man | Jun 15, 2010 2:04:41 PM

2. The reason why the cab stopped for you IDIOT is because you were leaving a government office and there wasn't a car waiting to pick you up. The cab driver who doesn't stop for someone in shorts and a t-shirt but waits for people in suits to come out of government offices is also an IDIOT. You deserve each other.

And by the way, I wonder if this cab driver would have been so eager to pick your ass up if you had a God-Given perma-tan? IDIOT!!!

And finally, I guess it's true that illegal immigrants only wear a certain type of clothing or talk a certain way or wear a certain type of shoe. IDIOT!!!

Oh, one more thing. If it's truly a sixth sense and you can't put your finger on it you just end up looking like an IDIOT when you try to explain it.

Posted by: Stephen | Jun 15, 2010 2:05:34 PM

3. just when i think bigoted repugs can't get uglier, another ass-wipe proves me wrong. this is simply astonishing.

Posted by: nic | Jun 15, 2010 2:18:30 PM

4. Is he stupid because he
    1. is a Republican
    2. is a "Christian"
    3. is from Iowa
    4. his mother smoked and drank too much in the 1st trimester
    5. 1, 2 and 4. (I know some good people from Iowa. They got out and moved to the USA)
    ??

Posted by: Arthur | Jun 15, 2010 2:31:08 PM

5. Wear a suit -- get a cab.

Speak with an accent -- get deported.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 15, 2010 2:43:26 PM

6. indoctrination + stupidity = Steve King

Posted by: David T | Jun 15, 2010 2:43:45 PM

7. No sixth sense necessary to realize King is an idiot.

Posted by: Ronald McDonald | Jun 15, 2010 2:48:30 PM

8. I don't know, it may be just the lighting, but he looks awfully dark, I think someone needs to call the INS stat!

Posted by: Todd in NYC | Jun 15, 2010 2:54:34 PM

9. @ Posted by: Todd in NYC

Lol, EXACTLY!

He prolly has Jewish, black or hispanic blood!

American's are loco.

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 15, 2010 3:09:49 PM

10. Well, maybe he has a "dar" that is sorta like "gaydar" that detects illegals.

Posted by: David | Jun 15, 2010 3:12:56 PM

11. Does it surprise any of us anymore that the best and brightest in this country are not Republicans working in Congress or the Senate? Can these people get much dumber?

While trying to support profiling in general, doofus douchebag Steve King proves exactly why racial profiling will be found to be unconstitutional because it CANNOT be applied fairly under the law. Example: beautiful flaxen haired woman in expensive clothes is pulled over. She looks and talks like someone Tiger Woods would marry. Are they going to ask for her papers? Most likely no. Dark hair, brown skin man, driving a battered truck and wearing jeans and a sweaty t-shirt, gets pulled over. Are they going to ask for his papers? You betcha!

Here's the catch: she's Swedish and has overstayed her visa by six years, he's an millionaire of Mexican decent who has spent the day fixing up the old truck, one of thirty he has, because that's his hobby.

Steve King is an idiot. He joins a parade of them making laws in Washington. I'm not saying there aren't a few ridiculous Democrats but it's literally shocking how many Republicans are literal idiots. Michelle Bachman, Sally Kern, John Bohner, and the list goes on and on and on... It would be laughable if they weren't making law. But should it be a surprise when their bellweather idols are people like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck? There isn't enough brain wattage between the two of them to run a toy monkey clanging cymbals.

So I offer this, instead of racial profiling, I want IQ profiling for anyone who has a job making laws for the rest of us. Now that is something that would make the average Republican lawmaker run and hide in their bomb shelters.

Posted by: Bart | Jun 15, 2010 3:15:26 PM

12. Wow. Good thing racial profiling, at least as a general rule, isn't going on already. I'm so relieved.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jun 15, 2010 3:23:49 PM

13. @ARTHUR, is it really necessary to malign everyone in Iowa?

Posted by: RJ | Jun 15, 2010 3:31:55 PM

14. @Arthur
    I am very curious what state you live in that does not have idiots in it. Also can you get married in your state? I can. So back off Iowa.

Posted by: brian | Jun 15, 2010 4:05:47 PM

15. @ Brian

Instead of being some uppity halfwit homo using that childish bullshit "I can get married in my state and you cant HA HA" you should be doing your part in helping the successes of "YOUR" state become a nationwide reality.Otherwise: SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ARROGANT HOMO!

Posted by: Rocky | Jun 15, 2010 4:17:44 PM

16. By the way,Im from New York City and I couldnt give 2 SHITS 3 FUCKS and half a DAMN about IOWA.Im focusing on whats going on in MY state and MY city.So FUCK OFF!

Posted by: Rocky | Jun 15, 2010 4:20:58 PM

17. If King were a black man in a suit, does he think the cab would have turned around to pick him up. This idiot doesn't understand that the kind of profiling he's subjected to makes him a privilege subject, not a subject against whom they should discriminate.

Posted by: Peter | Jun 15, 2010 4:24:18 PM

18. Does the Congressman imagine that police can identify illegal immigrants by dress? That would only work if he thought all Mexicans wore sombreros and and ponchos and ... oh, wait, that's exactly what he thinks. Because he's a racist dipshit.

Posted by: Ben | Jun 15, 2010 4:24:42 PM

19. Well I can not wait until every state had the right for same sex couples to marry. I am sorry that I have not done much for national marriage equality because I have to defend the rights we received in our state from bigots like Steve King.

Posted by: brian | Jun 15, 2010 4:41:36 PM

20. Oh Rocky, you're either the most clueless person on earth or you just have a wicked sense of irony.

Gave me a laugh, in any case. Thanks.

Posted by: Dan | Jun 15, 2010 4:46:54 PM

21. http://fablog.ehrensteinland.com/2010/06/15/suit-up/

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 15, 2010 5:00:53 PM

22. @ Dan

I got a laugh too.Its you (the POT) calling me (the kettle) black.Im quite sure Im more informed than you are.Im sure you will win the "head up the ass" trophy before the end of 2010.Fuckin idiot!

Posted by: Rocky | Jun 15, 2010 5:37:03 PM

23. It's not sixth sense...it's called racial profiling!

Posted by: Sean | Jun 15, 2010 7:21:39 PM

24. I see illegals... Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're illegal ... I see them all the time they're everywhere.

Posted by: kujhawker | Jun 15, 2010 11:11:58 PM

25. like we never had a guy in that office who favored the white person.

Posted by: Sean | Jun 16, 2010 10:38:36 AM