Comments

1. missanthrope says

Oh wow, this is totally excepted. A woman comes out as bisexual and people say she’s doing for attention or it’s temporary. And people ask why a lot of bi people aren’t more active in the community. Look in the mirror.

Keep up with the fail people, doing a good job at it.

2. Tommy Marx says

Although I’ve always liked her music, I thought it was great when, in Vanessa’s video for “Pretty Baby” (off her first album), she predominantly featured a gay male couple as part of her small circle of friends.

3. Lis says

Good for her. Who cares if she has an album coming out or not. She did it at a Pride festival – that’s good timing.

4. TANK says

Oh fuck you people. I’m so tired of the PC faggot/genderqueer/tranny brigade blaming gays and lesbians first for “biphobia”…more bi people aren’t out in the community because they’re living heterosexual lives (yeah yeah, there are bi men and women who identify as gay and lesbian, and I’m not excusing biphobia on the part of gays and lesbians)… it’s all the gay biphobes fault and not the overwhelming homophobia perpetuated by straights in society. And heaven forbid that someone make the scientifically proven case that female sexuality is different from male sexuality…Fuck you people.

5. James says

Awww, hooray for Vanessa! Her must recent album (year or 2 ago?), Heroes and Thieves was awesome! I’m glad she decided to share this with her fans :-)

6. missanthrope says

@ LIS:

“@Missanthrope Is this better or worse than when a man says he is bisexual and people assume it is a “stepping stone” to truly being gay? (Honest question. I find both responses terrible)”

It’s neither, some people use it as a “stepping stone” while for many (like me) are bi all of thier lives. That’s not the issue, the issue is taking what people idenitity’s seriously. If she says she’s bi, then she’s bi. I’m sure you’ve had people accuse you of being “confused”, it’s hurts just the same for bi people.

@TANK:

Shut up and deal with it.

7. jason says

Sorry but I’m not buying this bisexuality shtick of women. They’ve hopped on the bandwagon to get some sort of media status or attention designed to enhance their record sales.

When there are at least the same number of men declaring their bisexuality as are women, only then will I believe there is a level playing field that isn’t based on an exploitative double standard. Until then, girls, you’ll just have to put up with our cynicism.