Connecticut | Gay Youth | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Gay Teens Talk Their Truth at 'True Colors'

Gayteens

CNN's Kyra Phillips looks at the good work done by True Colors, a mentoring group in Hartford, Connecticut for at risk gay teens.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. My only wish is these types of programs existed throughout the country. I'm very happy for those kids. I just wish every GLBT kid out there had a safe place to go, even for just a little while each day to build up their strength and character.

Posted by: Stephen | Jun 29, 2010 6:12:38 PM

2. Wow. She really said "sexual preference", didn't she?

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 29, 2010 9:09:58 PM

3. Had to watch this twice. Awesome!

Posted by: castaway | Jun 29, 2010 9:52:15 PM

4. I am nearing 50 and am so happy to see these teens have these programs and opportunities, that my generation did not have. Being Gay is NOT your identity. It is a very small part of who we are as human beings. I commend Kamora for her work with these kids. It's a slow process, but we will get to a point, (and I hope I get to see it in my lifetime) where your sexuality does not matter.

Posted by: Phil Listrom | Jun 29, 2010 11:47:18 PM

5. I'm a part of the True Colors family and I just want to say thank you for posting this. All of us do hard work and we do look for a brighter future. Hopefully the whole country will have programs like this eventually.

Posted by: Maxwell Luddecke | Jun 30, 2010 4:13:35 PM

6. I need to write a bestseller or win the lottery so I can fund this program nationwide. Seriously.

Posted by: Ben | Jul 1, 2010 1:41:18 PM

7. Such brave kids.

Posted by: KFLO | Jul 2, 2010 12:02:19 AM

8. There should be a program like this in every county of every state in the United States. Kids need a safe place to talk, share and support one another, whether they are just coming to terms with their sexuality, are openly gay or lesbian or have family that are gay. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Best wishes,