Gay Photographers | Ryan McGinley | Video

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Ryan McGinley's 'Entrance Romance'

Mcg
Gay photographer Ryan McGinley has released a motion-focused short film titled "Entrance Romance (It Felt Like a Kiss)" starring model Carolyn Murphy in which the cover girl gets to tongue a dog and have a fish bowl (filled with water and resident fish) thrown at her head. I'm certain breakable "candy" glass was used. Well, I hope.

McGinley used a Phantom camera, which captures video at over 1000 frames per second, for the shoot. Watch the oddly fascinating film AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I love Ryan Mcginley!
    He's one of my faourite photographers, and this film is quite interesting.

Posted by: Derek | Jun 26, 2010 11:07:12 PM

2. wow.that model is fricken gorgeous.

Posted by: rob | Jun 26, 2010 11:19:18 PM

3. you should really take the weekends off. these posts suck and are irrelevant. just link to Nytimes.com, seriously this website won awards?

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 27, 2010 12:26:35 AM

4. @ Ryan

Lol, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today!

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 27, 2010 6:30:56 AM

5. Really, the only glaring weakness I can find in "Entrance Romance" is that it may be too unusual, too original, too artistic and too genius to be embraced by the casual observer. Please don't let this video become that forgotten, one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

Posted by: Jedi | Jun 27, 2010 9:48:35 AM

6. Wow. It's fascinating.

Posted by: Eugene | Jun 27, 2010 10:32:17 AM

7. Just wondering; there was a controversial song by Carole King and Gerry Goffin in the 60s called 'He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss)' about women who live in abusive relationships. I can't help but notice the subtitle is the same. Does anyone think there's any link?

Posted by: AndyinChicago | Jun 27, 2010 12:02:25 PM

8. Andy: you're right-- I think there is definitely a link. Even before I thought about the title I assumed the video was about abuse (the throwing of objects at her, the objectification, the fire/burning, the only kiss is from the dog, etc).

Posted by: rob | Jun 27, 2010 1:05:24 PM

9. I also found it strangely erotic and very sensual. The chanting helped heighten the arousal auditorily.

Posted by: Billy | Jun 27, 2010 3:56:50 PM

10. On a side note, He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss) has also been drawn on by Saint Etienne and Florence and the Machine.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 28, 2010 1:57:36 AM