AFA Boycotting Home Depot for its Support of Gay People

The American Family Association has announced a boycott of Home Depot for its policies regarding LGBT people.

HomedepotWrites the group:

"For several years, The Home Depot has given its financial and corporate support to open displays of homosexual activism on main streets in America's towns. And, it says it will continue to do so! Rejecting several requests by AFA to remain neutral in the culture war, The Home Depot has chosen to sponsor and participate in numerous gay pride parades and festivals. Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers, which are a common occurrence at these events. The goal of every homosexual organization supported by The Home Depot is to get homosexual marriage legalized. BoycottTheHomeDepot provides just a glimpse of how broad its support for the homosexual movement is. The Home Depot says it is committed to furthering the homosexual agenda."

Call Home Depot at 1-800-466-3337 and tell them how much you appreciate their support.

Comments

1. Oh nooooo what ever will Home Depot do without the support of some fringe loonies? These people have their heads so far up their asses, it's unreal.

"Culture war"? Fuck off.

Posted by: BrandonD | Jul 23, 2010 2:44:54 PM

2. "Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers"

lol

Posted by: neverstops | Jul 23, 2010 3:04:48 PM

3. Boycott Home Depot? I can't get into Home Depot because it's always chock full of lesbians.

Posted by: A. Beaverhausen | Jul 23, 2010 3:12:21 PM

4. It ain't called Homo Depot for nothing, hets. The gays do more renovations and do more to beautify neighborhoods and bring up property values than you ever will.

We take your ghettos and make them hip and then you vultures move in and drive the prices up.

You should be thanking us.

Posted by: Gridlock | Jul 23, 2010 3:13:34 PM

5. Talibangelists are always for boycotts when it's something they dont' like. Boycott their businesses and they'll cry you're discriminating against them.

They can take their boycotts and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Posted by: Chris | Jul 23, 2010 3:31:54 PM

6. Here's a fb page to show our support of the Home Depot

Posted by: Zach | Jul 23, 2010 3:57:39 PM

7. Worked for Home Depot Corporate for two years. They are great with their employees, gay or straight. They have a week every year where local Atlanta gay celebrities come and discuss LGBT issues and educate the entire company. It is great. Last year David Bromstad from Color Splash was a speaker. Screw the AFA.

Posted by: E | Jul 23, 2010 4:00:43 PM

8. I work as an installation expeditor at an inner-city Home Depot, and really enjoy the sometimes-odd challenges which come along. One of the main reasons I applied (after being laid off from advertising in 01) was the company's inclusion of sexual orientation in the non-discrimination policy. Since then they've added same-sex partner benefits, which I hope to utilize at some point. It's a very inclusive company, on all levels, one that truly lives it's 'core values' re: ALL forms of diversity, and I've never felt uncomfortable being completely out. Most days it's just a job, but when I read something like the AFA bullshit, I feel a real sense of pride for my company!

Posted by: Jim | Jul 23, 2010 4:01:01 PM

9. I was considering switching to Loews to get things I need for the apartment, think I'll stick with Home Depot instead...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Jul 23, 2010 4:13:39 PM

10. I know where I'm going for all my hardware needs!

Posted by: Wes | Jul 23, 2010 4:47:44 PM

11. "Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers, which are a common occurrence at these events."

I don't understand. Is Home Depot sponsoring gay pride parades are their stores? Are they bussing small children to gay pride parades and forcing them to attend?

Posted by: cb4422 | Jul 23, 2010 5:43:42 PM

12. Memo to AFA: You lose.

Posted by: Tone | Jul 23, 2010 5:45:53 PM

13. And here I am planning to redo a room. This makes deciding where to get materials VERY easy. Thanks HD!

Posted by: sparks | Jul 23, 2010 6:53:16 PM

14. I called and left glowing feedback. I hope many others will do they same. They were super nice especially when they realised I didn't call to complain. They even transferred me to a special person who records positive reviews! :)

Posted by: Uluwehi | Jul 23, 2010 6:56:07 PM

15. Wow, poor AFA; now, not only will they not have any creative people to design their homes, they won't have a great place to get the supplies to build them.

Posted by: Bannik | Jul 23, 2010 7:23:02 PM

16. Or call 1800-654-0688 Business hours EST. The operators are really nice and getting ready for some nice folks to call and say thank you!

Posted by: Amanda | Jul 23, 2010 8:31:09 PM

17. What are the closeted AFA men who cruise my local home depot going to do for an outlet now--I'm basing this on what people tell me.

Posted by: Bradley | Jul 23, 2010 8:48:23 PM

18. I just came home from Homo Depot 20 minutes ago!

Why does the HRC score Home Depot only an 85 on their equality index?

Posted by: Tilion | Jul 23, 2010 10:08:44 PM

19. There are always a LOT of hot guys at Home Depot. Plenty of eye candy and cruising potential (if you can fight through the lesbians, that is..LOL)

Posted by: Kyle | Jul 23, 2010 11:38:19 PM

20. Can we not just assassinate the entire AFA? They're wastes of fucking skin. Every one of them.

Posted by: Greenthumb55 | Jul 24, 2010 2:38:25 AM

21. Walmart has had a float and marchers over the past couple of years in various parades the one in Fayetteville is officially endorsed by the Home Office. I wonder if AFA will call for a boycott of Walmart?

Posted by: Donald | Jul 24, 2010 7:48:17 AM

22. If I had a hammer, I'd hammer out justice, I'd hammer out freedom all over this land. Nice selection of hammers at Home Depot, I hear.

Posted by: Wimsy | Jul 24, 2010 10:09:28 AM

23. I am happy to support Home Depot in any way I can. Unbeknownst to me, I do all of my shopping (what little I do) at Home Depot so I don't have to change my shopping habits in this case. Way to go, Home Depot!!!
    A pot of sludge to the AFA, the new American Talibangelicals!!
    Dakotahgeo, M.Div. Pastor/Chaplain (Ret.)

Posted by: Dakotahgeo | Jul 24, 2010 10:17:18 AM

24. I love Home Depot - and the fact that they support the gay community, which has always been in the forefront of neighborhood gentrification, is a smart move.

The trailer-trash AFA - who needs 'em?

Posted by: Steve | Jul 24, 2010 11:38:23 AM

25. damn, i had just recently changed over to lowe's because of the selection of valspar paint... can they be boycotted by the crazies for their support of the queer community, too? otherwise i'll have to go back to home depot =)

Posted by: jenn | Jul 24, 2010 12:34:40 PM