‘Matrix’ Filmmakers Begin Casting Gay Iraqi War Romance

The Wachowskis, the siblings who directed The Matrix, have begun casting their latest project, CN9. There's still plenty of mystery surrounding it, as Cinematical notes:

Wachowskis  "Production Weekly took to Twitter to report that casting on the film has begun. There's not a wealth of information out there about CN9 — in fact, all we really know for sure at this point is that it's going to be a "hard-R war picture about a homosexual American soldier who falls in love with an Iraqi." But, before you assume it's just Brokeback Mountain set in the Middle East, consider that CN9 could stand for the ninth cranial nerve (it does in medical terminology), which is the nerve responsible for receiving information from the tongue, middle ear, and tonsils according to website Playlist. When you do that, the site suggests that it doesn't seem like a stretch to picture the filmmaking duo once again venturing into the world of strange alternate realities and sci-fi. Of course, people could be reading this totally wrong — CN9 might stand for something entirely different. That's the thing, at this point no one really knows."

On another note, can anybody fill us in on whether Larry Wachowski did indeed complete a male-to-female gender transition? The general info out there appears to still be unclear.

Comments

1. Max says

Five bucks says America is the bad guy. Another five bucks says there will be no mention of how gays are treated in Islamic countries. It would be nice to be wrong, but these kinds of things are entirely too predictable.

2. LetSodomRing says

First of all, both things can be true: America is the bad guy and Muslims violently hate gays.

Second of all: Lana Wachowski has been billing herself by that name for a while now, so regardless of whether she had surgery or not, she is choosing to present herself as a female publicly. I would just defer to that choice were I you, Andy.

3. LetSodomRing says

Max, it’s not an either/or proposition: America is the bad guy in Iraq and Muslims violently hate gays.

Andy, Lana Wachowski has been billing herself as such in movie credits and press releases, so regardless of surgery, she is choosing to present herself as a female publicly. I would defer to that choice were I you.

4. TANK says

muslims violently hate gay people?!

If this were another blog…affectionately titled moonbat, free mumia central…you’d be called a racist! RACIST! Because racism has nothing to do with race…rotflmao.

5. Brian in Texas says

I def like the premise; I’d watch just for that and the Wachowski brothers put out great stuff so I’m in. The trans-gender thing sure came out of nowhere, lol. But, I think its great!

6. Paul R says

@Ttiz, it becomes people’s business when someone is in the public eye and gave numerous detailed (some extremely graphic) interviews about the planned transition. It basically seemed like she wanted to be as public as possible, then shrank back a bit on realizing the repercussions, whether personal or professional. I’m not judging her, but you’re in no position to be judging Andy for wondering given Lana’s past self-publicity.

Beyond that, I’ve no idea why anyone would possibly assume the Wachowskis are going to make a movie suggesting that things are sunshine and rainbows for gays in Muslim countries.

7. TTIZ says

@Paul I didn’t judge Andy, I said it was none of his (or anyone’s) business. If the info is so public, then one should easily be able to find it, particularly someone so adept at finding news on the internet. If she did shrink back and stop talking about her transition, then it ceases to be our business.

The greater point is that speculating about the state of others’ bodies, however innocently, is not a noble quest.

8. says

There’s a number of pictures of Lana out there.

9. artsenyc says

why do people feel the need to be so ugly in comment sections. Some of this comment read like they should be on Perez Hilton. relax people be nice.

10. artsenyc says

Yes, I know that he is a she no matter if he had the surgery or not. I would like to know if he had fully transition, so I can be happy for her that she had finish this very trying journey…